Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Spooner got $4 M and Heinen is a better player
Spooner had the numbers to back it up in arbitration, Heinen doesn't this year. He is on pace for 8 goals and 20 points, that's league minimum numbers

Reactions: Blowfish

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Spooner had the numbers to back it up in arbitration, Heinen doesn't this year. He is on pace for 8 goals and 20 points, that's league minimum numbers
He will be sitting at AT LEAST 15/25/40 by seasons end

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If the Blues really are going to try and shake things up and make some flips, Brayden Schenn does seem like he clicks a lot of boxes.

Surely they’d want a 1st and a B prospect, maybe a center? I’d be loathe to deal TFRED but I can’t see them not wanting him.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
If the Blues really are going to try and shake things up and make some flips, Brayden Schenn does seem like he clicks a lot of boxes.

Surely they’d want a 1st and a B prospect, maybe a center? I’d be loathe to deal TFRED but I can’t see them not wanting him.

Yes sir, interesting player that I think would look good in black and gold.. Where is he contract wise?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
A true shakeup involves guys with NMCs/NTCs...both teams are limited. I'm not holding my breath.
That said, for STL, it starts with McAvoy imho.
Otherwise you're fooling yourself.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Oh... and just to add... I would trade McAvoy for Tarasenko if we move another big contract out with him.

Reactions: Silva

Bauer3000

Oct 19, 2006
A true shakeup involves guys with NMCs/NTCs...both teams are limited. I'm not holding my breath.
That said, for STL, it starts with McAvoy imho.
Otherwise you're fooling yourself.
If we are talking about tarasenko I think it would be Debrusk/Carlo or Mcavoy/Heinen type of package. He's a 26 year old proven stud. If they would only accept one of those 4 players I'd give them any other prospect of their choice and a pick and feel like I stole him.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
If we are talking about tarasenko I think it would be Debrusk/Carlo or Mcavoy/Heinen type of package. He's a 26 year old proven stud. If they would only accept one of those 4 players I'd give them any other prospect of their choice and a pick and feel like I stole him.

Your valuation is there, but you need to think of the cap. More money needs to move.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
If I'm SweeNeely, I'm offering McAvoy and Backes....and sell it like selling ice to a...
You know.. missing home, change wasn't good and the icing is getting a budding D superstar on top etc etc

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Trent Frederic is from St.Louis and grew up a Blues fan IIRC. I'm pretty sure that conversely they're aware of him too.

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
What would it take to get Sam Bennett? I know the B’s had some interest in him in the past and I think he would be a great 3rd line centre for us

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What would it take to get Sam Bennett? I know the B’s had some interest in him in the past and I think he would be a great 3rd line centre for us
His 3 goals, 3 assists tell me he wouldn`t help the offensive side of things much.

Not sure about this guy, loved him when he burst onto the scene a few years ago, but his game is nowhere close to being one I`m interested in having in Boston

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I wouldn't. How does trading your #1 defenseman of the future for a winger really help? Bruins will be right back to "Who replaces Chara" with this deal.

You build from the wing in.... Nothing has changed over the course of history. That is where games are won, especially the playoffs.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site

That ship sailed. Sweeney needed to pay up in August. Bennett is the heart and soul of a Flames team that is gunna go a long ways in the playoffs if they get some goaltending.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
McAvoy's offence has obviously been much better than Carlo's but defensively, I take Carlo's game over his. Carlo is a beast defensively and I think he's the future guy to replace Chara's minutes. Chara was an anomaly, regarded as the best shutdown guy, massive mean streak and scoring 15-20 goals a season at one point. There'll never be another like him/Pronger etc.

As for trading McAvoy, the only way I would do it if it brought a young established forward to the team who's here long term or of course a bigger package for Crosby/Malkin. I wonder if Sid is looking to get out of that dumpster fire in Pitts right now. He sure does love playing with Bergy and Marshy.
Marshy-Bergy-XXX
XXX-Sid-Pasta
PP1
Marshy-Bergy-Sid
Pasta-Krug
Most dominant PP of all time

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
McAvoy's offence has obviously been much better than Carlo's but defensively, I take Carlo's game over his. Carlo is a beast defensively and I think he's the future guy to replace Chara's minutes. Chara was an anomaly, regarded as the best shutdown guy, massive mean streak and scoring 15-20 goals a season at one point. There'll never be another like him/Pronger etc.

As for trading McAvoy, the only way I would do it if it brought a young established forward to the team who's here long term or of course a bigger package for Crosby/Malkin. I wonder if Sid is looking to get out of that dumpster fire in Pitts right now. He sure does love playing with Bergy and Marshy.
Marshy-Bergy-XXX
XXX-Sid-Pasta
PP1
Marshy-Bergy-Sid
Pasta-Krug
Most dominant PP of all time

Crosby will retire a Penguin.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You build from the wing in.... Nothing has changed over the course of history. That is where games are won, especially the playoffs.

Build from the wing in? Since when has that been a recipe for success?

Most hockey people will say the exact opposite, you build up the middle with C, D and G.

Almost every cup champ in the cap era has had a very solid D corps led by 1-2 top pair D-men.

Every cup champ in the cap era has been very deep down the middle.

The majority of cup champs have very good goaltending.

Wing is the easiest position to play in hockey, easiest position to find quality players. Nothing has changed over the course of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad