Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Let's look at who will command significant raises going forward. At this point DeBrusk and Carlo seem the most likely to ask for contracts in the 3 to 4 million dollar range. Heinen, Bjork and Donato have done nothing to earn more than basic qualifying offers at this point. Bjork probably has the best chance of having a decent second half at this point but I can't picture a huge raise in his future.

Ryan has a little baggage and has had an interesting life to say the least, is he cooked? I don't think so, he still looks to be a 20 goal scorer and with a good center maybe more. He is physical and has good size and still skates well. The question then becomes what else is out there and what does Ryan cost you? Is Rick Nash coming back and if so how much of a cap hit will he be and how many years? Is Simmonds available? If so how much does he cost you to trade for him and can you extend him at a reasonable rate and years? Does Heinen get you Josh Anderson who I feel would be a better fit, is younger and has more of an upside? what does Edmonton do with Hitchcock as coach and who become available as Chiarelli tries to save his job?

Based purely on dollars would he fit? Yes I would take a chance on Ryan depending on who Ottawa wants in return, I just can't see that team retaining any money at this point on a traded player.

When healthy a second line of DeBrusk-Krejci-Ryan could be very productive and provide some secondary scoring that Heinen, Bjork and Donato haven't.
Spooner got $4 M and Heinen is a better player

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Debatable. Henien hasn’t proven much at all. Spooner for his short comings is definitely more productive at this point.

I don't think its debatable. Spooner is a defensive sieve. If he's not producing, which he isn't at all this season, he is useless as they come. At least with Heinen, if he's not producing, he's still providing good defense at forward.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I don't think its debatable. Spooner is a defensive sieve. If he's not producing, which he isn't at all this season, he is useless as they come. At least with Heinen, if he's not producing, he's still providing good defense at forward.

He is not as bad as that. Definitely needs to be sheltered, but making him out to be nothing but a liability is looking with rose colored Bruins glasses. There is a reason he is making what he makes. He produces. You willing to give Henien 4mil now to him? You think anyone gives him that if he was a free agent this year?

Reactions: TCB

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Debatable. Henien hasn’t proven much at all. Spooner for his short comings is definitely more productive at this point.
I’m talking complete game not points

My mistake should have clarified it

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He is not as bad as that. Definitely needs to be sheltered, but making him out to be nothing but a liability is looking with rose colored Bruins glasses. There is a reason he is making what he makes. He produces. You willing to give Henien 4mil now to him? You think anyone gives him that if he was a free agent this year?

Ryan Spooner is a liability in his own end. It has nothing to do with rose colored Bruins glasses. He was one here lmfao

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It’s not to say Henien won’t be better, very well could be, but his potential isnt fully realized yet where you know what you are getting with Spooner. A defense deficient offense player. The offense was enough for someone to take a chance at a high price tag.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He would be way down the list for me. I guess it would depend on the cost, but there are a bunch of guys I would prefer, including some in house candidates.
He’s a UFA after this season which appeals to me for exactly the reason you mention above. He plays out the season here yet walks after the playoffs, not affecting Studnika Frederic etc.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Few ideas (both names have been mentioned before), but I'm not sure its enough for either guy....

To BOS
Kreider @ $1.65 million retained

To NYR
Senyshyn
Cehlarik
1st rounder

My concern with Kreider is he's having a career year with a very high S% and IDK if it's sustainable. Is he a 70+ point player like he's on pace for now or is he really that 40-50 point player he's been his entire career. IDK is it too much? to little?

To BOS
B. Schenn

To STL
Backes @ $2 million retained
Zboril
Heinen

If Backes is going to waive his NMC, I'd imagine it would be for his former team. Schenn can play either C/W, so you can move him around as need be, but when everyone is heathy I have him as your #3C. STL gets a young NHL 40+ winger that can play either side, all situations as well as a young LHD that is just about NHL ready, but in the NHL now.

If those deals happened and everyone was healthy....

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Kreider - Krejci - DeBrusk
Donato - Schenn - Bjork
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

You could also leave Donato down, have JFK center Schenn and Bjork or call up Frederic (when healthy) and have him center Schenn and Bjork.

I know both guys names have been discussed hear and I just wanted to look and see if it was possible to bring in both.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’m not saying it’s going to translate to the NHL, but the kid did put up 33/35 goals his last two years in Swift River, so I’m not convinced he “does not have any offensive upside”.

Is he going to score 30 in the NHL? Unlikely, but he showed some scoring ability in Junior.

RIGHT, and as long as his head, hands and feet are all going in the right direction we may have something.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Few ideas (both names have been mentioned before), but I'm not sure its enough for either guy....

To BOS

To NYR
Senyshyn
Cehlarik
1st rounder

My concern with Kreider is he's having a career year with a very high S% and IDK if it's sustainable. Is he a 70+ point player like he's on pace for now or is he really that 40-50 point player he's been his entire career. IDK is it too much? to little?

To BOS
B. Schenn

To STL
Zboril
Heinen

If Backes is going to waive his NMC, I'd imagine it would be for his former team. Schenn can play either C/W, so you can move him around as need be, but when everyone is heathy I have him as your #3C. STL gets a young NHL 40+ winger that can play either side, all situations as well as a young LHD that is just about NHL ready, but in the NHL now.

Donato - Schenn - Bjork

You could also leave Donato down, have JFK center Schenn and Bjork or call up Frederic (when healthy) and have him center Schenn and Bjork.

I know both guys names have been discussed hear and I just wanted to look and see if it was possible to bring in both.

The NYR proposal seems decent. It's really hard to gauge Senyshyn's value. I can't imagine it's super high since he was drafted in 2015 and hasn't sniffed the NHL and also isn't exactly lighting up the AHL. That't not to say he's a bust but I would be surprised if team's are interested in him much. But a 1st definitely has value. Cehlarik? No clue. I still like him and think there is a 40 point player in there. Do any teams agree?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Spooner Krejci Pasta was very good. Not sure wtf has happened to Spoons. Still rattled by clode?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Blues are kind of in a interesting situation with ROR, Robert Thomas, Schenn and Bozak down the middle sitting at the bottom of the standings.

ROR and Bozak were just acquired they aren’t going anywhere soon and Thomas is untouchable as it gets.

In fact, they are lovin Thomas as 2C and you got guys like Shwartz, Fabbri, Tarasenko and Perron all occupying top 6 positions. Steen is still in the picture and Kyrou is knocking on the door soon.

It’s not a major but a little log-jam in St. Louis. Do they really want Schenn to play right wing on the 3rd line? What does that do to his value going forward. Bozak to 4th line is expensive..Thomas to right wing is counterproductive.

Interesting that we will have the same
problem with LHD once players come back from injury...makes you think a good hockey trade can be done.

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

To BOS

To NYR
Senyshyn
Cehlarik
1st rounder

To BOS
B. Schenn

To STL
Zboril
Heinen

Donato - Schenn - Bjork

Very good, thought out offers, I applaud you. They make a lot of sense and I would do both deals, but painfully, so you know they were fair proposals

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Based on Sweeney's remarks in the off-season, I think giving away a first round pick for a second year in a row might give him heartburn that he couldn't recover from.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Yes. They stole Taylor Hall from Edmonton. They're not going to give him away. The return that NJD would get for Hall would make Chiarelli even more of a laughing stock than he already is.

just wait and let him come here as a FA. If you listen to him on chiclets he is destined to be a Bruin.

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
this one is crazy

matt murry
Kris letang {2.25 million retained}
and jake guentzel
and a first round pick
for
tukka rask
torey krug
Charlie McAvoy

I think matt murry has proven to be the playoff goalie we want... and maybe with a great backup like halak he will rebound to firm

letang has had his health issues and is a bit of a risk... but hes a win now guy and we are a win now team

guntzel can help us with center depth and obviously was a big time playoff stud last year

we can flip the pick for more help if we need it... or just give it to our draft team cause they have been great recently

as for Pittsburgh... I think they need to be worried that murry isn't quite all that and a cup of tea. they still feel they are in win now mold but they need a big shakeup and getting McAvoy would be huge for them.

anyhow something to think about as they sink to the bottom of the standings looking for a huge shakeup and we are desperately injured and in need of some warm bodies

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Based on Sweeney's remarks in the off-season, I think giving away a first round pick for a second year in a row might give him heartburn that he couldn't recover from.
Shouldn't have done it in the first place then... should he have?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Shouldn't have done it in the first place then... should he have?

As it turns out, no. It might have all been different had Nash not gotten his bell rung so badly, but yep, it was a swing and a miss. I seriously doubt he'll be interested in trading away the first rounder again.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
News on Tarasenko being a name out there. That would be great for Krech for Xmas. He has a cap hit of 7.5 - 26 yrs old - 6' 225 lbs - right winger. Four years left on his contract, 5 including this year. This is his last year without a NTC. Chia also under the gun to make some waves, they need a puck moving dee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad