Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
TSN’s Top Trade Bait:

Evander Kane tops TSN Trade Bait board - Article - TSN

Don’t see anybody on there that I would be really excited about. I like Hoffman, but it’s not like the B’s appear to be short on LH wingers.

I'm curious why Neal and Perron are even listed? Vegas is rolling and in a spot for a playoff position. I feel it makes more sense for them to keep both, maybe try and re-sign one (probably Neal) and make a run in the playoffs in their first ever season. Looking at this list, I'm right there with you....nothing of real interest. Drew Stafford-esque addition for cheap is what makes more sense to me (but even then, it doesn't when that player comes in and potentially uproots rookie.) I don't know....I guess this just reiterates the points made by people here that the Bruins should hold onto their better assets for legit help for the long-term.

If Spooner falls off, it would make more sense for a RW, but until then, I'm fine with sitting quiet. Defense is much more desirable and nothing there really interests me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
TSN’s Top Trade Bait:

Evander Kane tops TSN Trade Bait board - Article - TSN

Don’t see anybody on there that I would be really excited about. I like Hoffman, but it’s not like the B’s appear to be short on LH wingers.

Pretty shallow group, especially if you subtract both LV wingers (Neal and Perron).

You know it's bad when you essentially got Matt Beleskey 2.0 in Zack Smith as the #9 on the list, and Andrew Shaw and his 3 remaining years is #13.

That final year for Hoffman is concerning. I'd like to leave that cap space available for younger players.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Want nothing to do with that top UFA list, not one player interests me there.
I want us to make a hockey deal while shedding some guys who are not in the future plans.
Realistically, Bergy/Marshy/Pasta/Krejci/Backes/Heinen/Debrusk are 7 of the top 9 for at least 2 more years. Carlo/MacAvoy/Gryz are fixtures, with Chara most likely filling a stop gap of 1-2 years.
Spooner, Krug, McQuaid, Miller, Postma, Nash, Beleskey are guys that could/could not be part of this team.........with Krug and Miller most likely a part of the future.
You'd have to think JFK/Bjork/Cehlarik/Donato/Senyshyn will grab one of those vacant 2 top 9 roster spots and Zboril/Lauzon to grab one vacant d spot. That's 7 prospects and 3 spots, again I'm estimating here. I am on the let's trade Krug bandwagon for sure. I think he's an offensive dynamo but MacAvoy will only get better, Carlo will get better offensively, Gryz looks like he can be a Krug 2.0. We're really lacking that top 4 shutdown guy, which I think Krug +prospect gets us. Then we have Spooner, McQuaid and prospects to snag us one top 9 guy with term left.

One thing I agree with that I've been reading is I don't want us to go get rentals. I want guys with term to give us a shot this year and next to make a deep run. Top 2 pairing LD and top 6 RW would be the missing pieces, maybeeeeeeeee snag some sandpaper for cheapie cheapie if need be.
One thing I'd do is do my best to trade Beleskey, even if we need to attach a pick/prospect. He's a LW which we're littered with in our system and he's too expensive to play 4th line minutes or be buried in the minors.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I would like Andrew Shaw, annoying, tough and a good player. I know there has been some character issues in the past but nothing like Kane. I haven't heard anything about him being a bad teammate.

I also like Zack Smith, the Beleskey 2.0 possibility is a concern but he should be had for a low price. I thought he was a RW/C, I believe he shoots right. If you can get Ottawa to pick up some of his contract or take Beleskey's in return (I know why would Ottawa take Beleskey back as part of the deal), I think he is a reasonable gamble.

I still say make a bigger deal for Simmonds. If the DeBrusk, Heinen and McAvoy continue to improve they could make a legit run next year. A Simmonds would solidify the second line, add toughness and size and give Krecji his best W since Horton left.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I would like Andrew Shaw, annoying, tough and a good player. I know there has been some character issues in the past but nothing like Kane. I haven't heard anything about him being a bad teammate.

I also like Zack Smith, the Beleskey 2.0 possibility is a concern but he should be had for a low price. I thought he was a RW/C, I believe he shoots right. If you can get Ottawa to pick up some of his contract or take Beleskey's in return (I know why would Ottawa take Beleskey back as part of the deal), I think he is a reasonable gamble.

I still say make a bigger deal for Simmonds. If the DeBrusk, Heinen and McAvoy continue to improve they could make a legit run next year. A Simmonds would solifify the second line, add toughness and size and give Krecji his best W since Horton left.

Smith shoots left.

I'm confounded as to why TSN would have Smith ranked higher than Shaw. Shaw isn't having a bad year overall.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Want nothing to do with that top UFA list, not one player interests me there.
I want us to make a hockey deal while shedding some guys who are not in the future plans.
Realistically, Bergy/Marshy/Pasta/Krejci/Backes/Heinen/Debrusk are 7 of the top 9 for at least 2 more years. Carlo/MacAvoy/Gryz are fixtures, with Chara most likely filling a stop gap of 1-2 years.
Spooner, Krug, McQuaid, Miller, Postma, Nash, Beleskey are guys that could/could not be part of this team.........with Krug and Miller most likely a part of the future.
You'd have to think JFK/Bjork/Cehlarik/Donato/Senyshyn will grab one of those vacant 2 top 9 roster spots and Zboril/Lauzon to grab one vacant d spot. That's 7 prospects and 3 spots, again I'm estimating here. I am on the let's trade Krug bandwagon for sure. I think he's an offensive dynamo but MacAvoy will only get better, Carlo will get better offensively, Gryz looks like he can be a Krug 2.0. We're really lacking that top 4 shutdown guy, which I think Krug +prospect gets us. Then we have Spooner, McQuaid and prospects to snag us one top 9 guy with term left.

One thing I agree with that I've been reading is I don't want us to go get rentals. I want guys with term to give us a shot this year and next to make a deep run. Top 2 pairing LD and top 6 RW would be the missing pieces, maybeeeeeeeee snag some sandpaper for cheapie cheapie if need be.
One thing I'd do is do my best to trade Beleskey, even if we need to attach a pick/prospect. He's a LW which we're littered with in our system and he's too expensive to play 4th line minutes or be buried in the minors.

What are you basing the bolded on? Carlo has shown no offensive ability. Grzelyk may be a decent 6/7 but he doesn't have Krug's offensive game and isn't a young prospect where you could expect a vast improvement in his game. both get pushed off pucks easily, which is more forgivable for Grzelyk because of his size.

Carlo needs to develop some edge to his game, I'm not talking about being a hammer on D but the ability to win one on one battles. His skating is nice for his size but he is starting to become a player who you look at and expect more from. I know he is young and will hopefully continue to develop but he was not great the end of last season and has been hit and miss this year, some games being an excellent shutdown D others being pushed off the puck and making bad decisions.

I also would not move any of the D this season if they have any real interest in making a playoff run, even if no trades are made and Sleepy Sweeney does nothing to improve the team. I want some depth heading into the playoffs to hopefully avoid last years issues with injuries and career AHLers getting significant minutes in the playoffs because they were out of bodies.

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro

I still say make a bigger deal for Simmonds. If the DeBrusk, Heinen and McAvoy continue to improve they could make a legit run next year. A Simmonds would solidify the second line, add toughness and size and give Krecji his best W since Horton left.

Shaw has 4 more years at 3.9 million. No thanks.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Not saying this would be something NYC would do, but would you trade Krug for McDonagh? What would that trade+ look like?

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
More than what we should pay.

This is the team that traded Scott Gomez and got McDonagh. I don't want the Bruins to be trading partners with those magicians.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I'd be perfectly happy with Ryan Donato as our only playoff addition (while hanging on to all our picks & prospects)!

I'd be okay with them doing nothing as well.

At the same time, Sweeney has to take a hard look at the current roster and the number of prospects that are knocking on the door. We are loaded with left shot wingers and left shot defenseman. There simply is not enough room for all of them to play no matter how much everyone here loves prospects and wants them all to make it.

This team can win now with the right additions. If Sweeney can identify which guys he envisions being here long term I wouldn't mind seeing him trade any prospect for the right return. Obviously it is a hard decision to make but Sweeney put us in a good spot by stock piling good prospects.

Reactions: Bergyesque

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If PHI falls out of the playoff picture, I really wonder what they would need for Wayne Simmonds. He has been painfully underpaid for his whole career. I know he isn't having the best season this year, but he fits the bill for Krejci's RW like a glove. Even if Simmons takes a noise dive next season...he's making less than $4m and then he is a UFA.

Reactions: Strafer

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
If PHI falls out of the playoff picture, I really wonder what they would need for Wayne Simmonds. He has been painfully underpaid for his whole career. I know he isn't having the best season this year, but he fits the bill for Krejci's RW like a glove. Even if Simmons takes a noise dive next season...he's making less than $4m and then he is a UFA.
I absolutely get everyone's fascination with Wayne Simmonds. He's a good player. Has a lot of good tools. Generally good at everything and has the toughness and swagger that all hockey fans like.

However, he's 29 and has had lingering hip issues. It's *all* down hill from here. Not to mention he's gonna cost quite a bit. I'd rather spend more assets to find the *next* Wayne Simmonds instead of the declining one.

Lastly, I get that everyone thinks Krejci needs a power forward on his wing(s) because that's what worked with Horton and Lucic, but they tried Krejci and Backes to death last year and it didn't work. Perhaps Krejci doesn't need a power forward, but just a legit top-six player?

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
Not much chance of it happenin
This is right on the money Tazz. OEL (although he has flaws as well) would be a great LD fit to partner with McAvoy on a #1 pair. A Chara-Carlo 2nd pairing would be the start of a good transition. Krug is only 26 with no terms (NMC, NTC etc) to hold back a trade and a salary dump. But, beyond OEL - who I don't know if

To me the right shot RW for Krejci is the tricky one. I get lost trying to figure that one out.
Not sure it's possible and it would take some significant cap space going their way but would love to see DS make one trade and land both BRODIN and COYLE from the Wild while keeping our core intact. BRODIN brings that minute muncher, safe game that I think would really vault the Bruins into one of, if not the best, D groups in the league. I suspect he could pair with either CARLO or MCAVOY while CHARA teams up with the other. COYLE may be a really nice fit as KRECJI's RW as well and if the Bruins are going to make some playoff noise, thinking KREJCI's line needs to be producing on a consistent basis.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
A quick peak over at the PHI board shows that they (HF folks) would expect a 1st round pick and a high quality forward prospect for Wayne Simmonds.

If push came to shove, would you give up Bjork and the BOS 2018 1st?

Simmonds is signed next year for <$4m. I might go for this.

My only concern is that Senyshyn becomes our only RW prospect with possible top 6 potential. Hence, I would also ask for Wade Allison.

To BOS: Simmonds and Wade Allison
To PHL: Spooner, Bjork and BOS 2018 1st (do we need to add? Allison is GOOD.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I absolutely get everyone's fascination with Wayne Simmonds. He's a good player. Has a lot of good tools. Generally good at everything and has the toughness and swagger that all hockey fans like.

However, he's 29 and has had lingering hip issues. It's *all* down hill from here. Not to mention he's gonna cost quite a bit. I'd rather spend more assets to find the *next* Wayne Simmonds instead of the declining one.

Lastly, I get that everyone thinks Krejci needs a power forward on his wing(s) because that's what worked with Horton and Lucic, but they tried Krejci and Backes to death last year and it didn't work. Perhaps Krejci doesn't need a power forward, but just a legit top-six player?

Who is the next Wayne Simmonds? Maybe Alex Tuch? Josh Anderson? Their respective teams are not going to give up either of those players. The reality is that Krejci needs help right now. The Buins look good otherwise. If Simmonds was 32 and still productive, I would still look at him. The fact that he is still only 29 and has an affordable year left on his contract is actually quite attractive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad