Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Personally, I would not touch Kane. He's played for two teams and been a locker room cancer at both places. Winnipeg has been so much better since he left. The 'problems' with Eichel are new at Buffalo based on his history on other teams. It is a pretty easy guess they are directly related to Kane.

You can talk about 'your' leaders stepping up to deal with him all you want, but the leadership camaraderie of the Bruins had been deficient from Boychuck/Thornton leaving up until this year. Backes (and I'm guessing McAvoy based on reports from his other teams) have filled that void this year. Why would you mess that up and have to find a way to dump $5m somewhere first just to acquire him?

When you have prospects waiting to fill in at every position except goalie and you are the hottest team in the league, you can sit back and not mess with a good thing.

Nice post!
Are goalie situation in the near future might just be OK though with Swayman and Keyser

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
A quick peak over at the PHI board shows that they (HF folks) would expect a 1st round pick and a high quality forward prospect for Wayne Simmonds.

If push came to shove, would you give up Bjork and the BOS 2018 1st?

Simmonds is signed next year for <$4m. I might go for this.

My only concern is that Senyshyn becomes our only RW prospect with possible top 6 potential. Hence, I would also ask for Wade Allison.

To BOS: Simmonds and Wade Allison
To PHL: Spooner, Bjork and BOS 2018 1st (do we need to add? Allison is GOOD.
Simmonds for Spooner and Bjork I'd do

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Who is the next Wayne Simmonds? Maybe Alex Tuch? Josh Anderson? Their respective teams are not going to give up either of those players. The reality is that Krejci needs help right now. The Buins look good otherwise. If Simmonds was 32 and still productive, I would still look at him. The fact that he is still only 29 and has an affordable year left on his contract is actually quite attractive to me.

I think you underrate how old 29 is for a power forward with injury concerns. Again, I think Simmonds is a really good player and it would be fun to see him on the Bruins, just not at the price he's going to command. Your follow-up post about getting Wade Allison in addition to Simmonds is much closer to what the Bruins should be doing. Sure, you can patch a "hole" right now, but there also has to be consideration about the future as well.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I think you underrate how old 29 is for a power forward with injury concerns. Again, I think Simmonds is a really good player and it would be fun to see him on the Bruins, just not at the price he's going to command. Your follow-up post about getting Wade Allison in addition to Simmonds is much closer to what the Bruins should be doing. Sure, you can patch a "hole" right now, but there also has to be consideration about the future as well.

Thank you, but I do not underrate Simmonds age. In fact, I have little interest in resigning him after his contract is up in 2018-19. It's simple. The Bruins are better with him at RW in place of Ryan Spooner. He is signed through next year, which gives the Bruins another solid option within the current window.

Allison could be the next Simmonds as well. PHI likely knows this. It's probably why they drafted him. So I doubt they let him go without an over-payment.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Thank you, but I do not underrate Simmonds age. In fact, I have little interest in resigning him after his contract is up in 2018-19. It's simple. The Bruins are better with him at RW in place of Ryan Spooner. He is signed through next year, which gives the Bruins another solid option within the current window.

Allison could be the next Simmonds as well. PHI likely knows this. It's probably why they drafted him. So I doubt they let him go without an over-payment.
It's unquestionable that Simmonds would be an improvement over Spooner at RW. The issue is the tangible cost to acquire him as well as the opportunity cost of those assets being used for something more substantial than 1 1/4 seasons of Simmonds.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I'd be perfectly happy with Ryan Donato as our only playoff addition (while hanging on to all our picks & prospects)!

Well get ready for a second round knock out then. I doubt Donato even plays with the big club this year, he'll be a great addition to Providence if he signs.

If you buy the team is really building and believe in all of Sweeney's wonder prospects this is the right attitude, leave it alone and let them mature and add in the off season.

Someone mentioned ot would cost a first and Bjork for Simmonds, I would drive Bjork to Philly for that deal and I really like this years draft. Even if you think Simmonds is declining you would only have him for another year when the kids should have taken the extra step towards being contenders. Do you wait for the off season to try to acquire him when he might cost less or make the move now. I think a lot will be based on what Buffalo actually gets for Kane, if they get their asking price Simmonds would probably not be a realistic move, if they do not get what they are looking for and it only costs Bjork and a first I would do it right away.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
A quick peak over at the PHI board shows that they (HF folks) would expect a 1st round pick and a high quality forward prospect for Wayne Simmonds.

If push came to shove, would you give up Bjork and the BOS 2018 1st?

Simmonds is signed next year for p>

My only concern is that Senyshyn becomes our only RW prospect with possible top 6 potential. Hence, I would also ask for Wade Allison.

To BOS: Simmonds and Wade Allison
To PHL: Spooner, Bjork and BOS 2018 1st (do we need to add? Allison is GOOD.

I wouldn't. I'm not convinced Bjork in 1-2 years can't produce to Simmond's level or more. On top of that, I don't think his toughness is worth the additional 1st round pick.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
It's unquestionable that Simmonds would be an improvement over Spooner at RW. The issue is the tangible cost to acquire him as well as the opportunity cost of those assets being used for something more substantial than 1 1/4 seasons of Simmonds.

If they are as deep with prospects as many claim you can afford to lose one and a 1st for two years of a truly missing ingredient at forward. A big, skilled top 6 forward who is physical and shows leadership. You aren't getting him cheap. When do you move from up and coming to contenders? Now you have McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk and Heinen on ELC's, the same for next year. This is the time to add a piece like Simmonds when you have space to make the move. When his contact is up you will have Siedenberg and Hayes off the books and be past Beleskeys one really bad buyout year if you are looking to resign Simmonds, if not you have a great addition at forward for two playoffs.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
If they are as deep with prospects as many claim you can afford to lose one and a 1st for two years of a truly missing ingredient at forward. A big, skilled top 6 forward who is physical and shows leadership. You aren't getting him cheap. When do you move from up and coming to contenders? Now you have McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk and Heinen on ELC's, the same for next year. This is the time to add a piece like Simmonds when you have space to make the move. When his contact is up you will have Siedenberg and Hayes off the books and be past Beleskeys one really bad buyout year if you are looking to resign Simmonds, if not you have a great addition at forward for two playoffs.
My argument is not that they shouldn't move prospects, it's that they should avoid moving prospects solely for short-term help.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

Agreed. Marchy Bergeron Pasta Rask Krejci all at or near their peak. All the kids looking good. Who knows what the vets look like in 2+ years? Gotta make a serious run now.

Reactions: Strafer

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'm not opposed to the Bruins getting Simmonds. I'm not opposed to the Bruins trading Bjork. I am opposed to the Bruins trading a prospect like Bjork who has the potential to be better than DeBrusk and Heinen and a 1st in the upcoming draft, that is said to be deep, for a player that will be with the team for 1 1/2 more years at the minimum, has hip problems, is a power-forward nearing 30, and who has scored 45% of his points on the powerplay the last 4 seasons (11pts out of 26pts so far on the PP this season). The Bruins could use a physical forward like Simmonds, but if the Bruins use Bjork to get a top 6RW, I would prefer that RWer being younger than Simmonds, under contract/control longer, and has high scoring potential.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm not opposed to the Bruins getting Simmonds. I'm not opposed to the Bruins trading Bjork. I am opposed to the Bruins trading a prospect like Bjork who has the potential to be better than DeBrusk and Heinen and a 1st in the upcoming draft, that is said to be deep, for a player that will be with the team for 1 1/2 more years at the minimum, has hip problems, is a power-forward nearing 30, and who has scored 45% of his points on the powerplay the last 4 seasons (11pts out of 26pts so far on the PP this season). The Bruins could use a physical forward like Simmonds, but if the Bruins use Bjork to get a top 6RW, I would prefer that RWer being younger than Simmonds, under contract/control longer, and has high scoring potential.
Yeah, but would we really be able to grab an impact player with the 31st pick?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'm with you, I don't touch a trade of Bjork for Simmonds. And I like Simmonds.

The 1st rounder I can live with, likely to be a sub-20ish pick.

The Bruins have plenty of young quality assets that are further away from the NHL than Bjork is. If they can't use those to entice Philly to trade Simmonds to them, they shouldn't do it.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If the Bruins can leverage Simmonds without sending Bjork - I am a happy man. I just don't think PHI are interested in waiting for a prospect who is 2-3 years away. They are not that far off from being a relevant team. They will want whichever player BOS sends to contribute as soon as this season.

Did anyone see my addition of Wade Allison to my trade proposal. Do you know who he is and why the Bruins should want him?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Simmonds is a devaluing asset. I’m guessing the price will be high. I’m okay acquiring him at a reasonable price considering he is signed through next season and at a reasonable cap hit. I’d hate to be the team who gives him that next contract.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, but would we really be able to grab an impact player with the 31st pick?
Well played. If I am honest, based on how this team has been drafting lately and given how deep that draft is, I wouldn't put it against the Bruins finding a great player in this year's draft so much so it will open up the Bruins to potentially use a prospect or two they wouldn't have considered to move but now will for that top 6 RW or top 4 LD.
If the Bruins can leverage Simmonds without sending Bjork - I am a happy man. I just don't think PHI are interested in waiting for a prospect who is 2-3 years away. They are not that far off from being a relevant team. They will want whichever player BOS sends to contribute as soon as this season.

Did anyone see my addition of Wade Allison to my trade proposal. Do you know who he is and why the Bruins should want him?
Even though I wouldn't want the Bruins to, I do think there will be a team out there willing to trade a prospect like Bjork + 1st for Simmonds. I would love Allison on the Bruins, but I think Philly would rather prefer to get a prospect like Bjork + 1st in return for Simmonds and keep Allison especially if they want to go on a mini-rebuild/retool much like the Bruins have the last few years.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Well played. If I am honest, based on how this team has been drafting lately and given how deep that draft is, I wouldn't put it against the Bruins finding a great player in this year's draft so much so it will open up the Bruins to potentially use a prospect or two they wouldn't have considered to move but now will for that top 6 RW or top 4 LD.

Even though I wouldn't want the Bruins to, I do think there will be a team out there willing to trade a prospect like Bjork + 1st for Simmonds. I would love Allison on the Bruins, but I think Philly would rather prefer to get a prospect like Bjork + 1st in return for Simmonds and keep Allison especially if they want to go on a mini-rebuild/retool much like the Bruins have the last few years.

Allison is definitely wishful thinking on my part. :)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
as Anthony declair is traded this week and now chiarelli has told everyone that anton slepshykov is available... I'm reminded again about the danger of fans overvaluing talented prospects after they have a good stretch of games

for every success story where a kid just improves and improves and improves and you get surprised how good the kid becomes {brad marchand... Patrice Bergeron} you get a lot of cases where the guy never really does become much better than he showed you that first handful of games {steve heinze... bob Sweeney}

one constant remains when I look at our embarrassing rich stockpile of kids... no successful team wants the wrong mix of kids and veterns in their lineup. most successful teams want an abundance of vets.

a lot of our kids are simply too good to be denied nhl jobs. but there wont be enough nhl jobs on our own team to fit all of them. at some point some of the kids will need to be moved for some more vets.

is wayne simmons the right vet? honestly I think Patrick maroon probably makes more sense when you add up all the factors. but someone like this would add value to the team imho. we should definitely at least kick the tires.

would I give up any of debrusk, Bjork, heinen for one of these guys or kane or patches? I don't know... id have to get input from my team's scouts and brain trust. its a tough call for me at this point

but at some point some kids will have to be moved. that's an inescapable reality staring us in the face

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I'm with you, I don't touch a trade of Bjork for Simmonds. And I like Simmonds.

The 1st rounder I can live with, likely to be a sub-20ish pick.

The Bruins have plenty of young quality assets that are further away from the NHL than Bjork is. If they can't use those to entice Philly to trade Simmonds to them, they shouldn't do it.

I agree. Bjork should not be dealt for anyone as his ceiling is really high to me. Kind of reminds me of William Nylander (but should be better) when he first came to the AHL/ NHL. Think some time in Providence will really help Bjork moving forward and really develop his game.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I am very curious why one would prefer Patrick Maroon over Wayne Simmonds...aside from potential cost to the Bruins.

Not only does he have cement feet (a common complaint of EDM fans), but he plays LW, where I THINK Bruins are set with Jake DeBrusk.

Simmonds can do all that Maroon does, while also being able to skate and drive the play. It's the RW slot on Krejci's line where I think the need is more obvious.

I await your reply. :)

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I think Simmonds only signed for 1.5 years is part of the attraction for some. With Cehlarik nipping at the door, Donato and Frederic probably turning pro end of this year, and JFK about to ripen next year, it's about the right amount of time to hold another top 9 winger spot. BUT, if they could move Spooner and a lower prospect than Bjork, I'd be okay with that too, or Spooner in a separate deal to recoup the draft pick. Bjork may be really good. But I do like DeBrusk and Heinen a lot, and think their ceiling is not that much below Bjork, but they both have a much higher floor. I think Donato would make Bjork expendable anyways. I think he will be the best of all of them (and think he will be a winger for sure in the show).

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Well get ready for a second round knock out then. I doubt Donato even plays with the big club this year, he'll be a great addition to Providence if he signs.

If you buy the team is really building and believe in all of Sweeney's wonder prospects this is the right attitude, leave it alone and let them mature and add in the off season.

Someone mentioned ot would cost a first and Bjork for Simmonds, I would drive Bjork to Philly for that deal and I really like this years draft. Even if you think Simmonds is declining you would only have him for another year when the kids should have taken the extra step towards being contenders. Do you wait for the off season to try to acquire him when he might cost less or make the move now. I think a lot will be based on what Buffalo actually gets for Kane, if they get their asking price Simmonds would probably not be a realistic move, if they do not get what they are looking for and it only costs Bjork and a first I would do it right away.

I wouldnt even look at my car for that package. Bjork for me still has the most upside of all that forward prospects. Just when you thought that people will learn that these kind of prospects should be given some time and we should be patient, the next one is packed in every trade proposal. Same with Heinen last and in the beginning of this year. Look where he is now

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
as Anthony declair is traded this week and now chiarelli has told everyone that anton slepshykov is available... I'm reminded again about the danger of fans overvaluing talented prospects after they have a good stretch of games

for every success story where a kid just improves and improves and improves and you get surprised how good the kid becomes {brad marchand... Patrice Bergeron} you get a lot of cases where the guy never really does become much better than he showed you that first handful of games {steve heinze... bob Sweeney}

one constant remains when I look at our embarrassing rich stockpile of kids... no successful team wants the wrong mix of kids and veterns in their lineup. most successful teams want an abundance of vets.

a lot of our kids are simply too good to be denied nhl jobs. but there wont be enough nhl jobs on our own team to fit all of them. at some point some of the kids will need to be moved for some more vets.

is wayne simmons the right vet? honestly I think Patrick maroon probably makes more sense when you add up all the factors. but someone like this would add value to the team imho. we should definitely at least kick the tires.

would I give up any of debrusk, Bjork, heinen for one of these guys or kane or patches? I don't know... id have to get input from my team's scouts and brain trust. its a tough call for me at this point

but at some point some kids will have to be moved. that's an inescapable reality staring us in the face
I would take Simmonds ten times out of ten over Maroon. Maroon is the type of player that needs other to do the heavy lifting for him then he will score, Simmonds on the other hand does his own lifting, he would be awesome with Krejci. Send a first and Bjork tomorrow, would do that deal in a heartbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad