Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That's always been my stance. Krug should be dealt if they're getting an upgrade on LHD back. So even if you agree with someone on one thing, you can't debate with them on other points they make? LOL

Not going to find an upgrade on Krug in my opinion.Teams are all wanting to add help this time of year.If I am Bruins management I am very careful not to mess to much with this roster unless 2nd half big collapse

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
All the leadership in the world isn't going to help a *****ebag like Kane. **** that guy; let him rot in Buffalo. He's exactly where he should be.

But he fills our huge hole at LW and is hungry to play in Playoffs. He’s also going to get here and fall in line after watching a series of highlights of guys like Neely, Horton, and O’Reilly.

I read that stuff here so it must be true.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
All the leadership in the world isn't going to help a *****ebag like Kane. **** that guy; let him rot in Buffalo. He's exactly where he should be.

But he feels our huge hole at LW and is hungry to play in Playoffs. He’s also going to get here and fall in line after watching a series of highlights of guys like Neely, Horton, and O’Reilly.

I read that stuff here so it must be true.

Anyone who honestly thinks that a d-bag like Evander Kane is going to walk into Boston under the learning tree of Chara/Bergeron/Backes and suddenly become something resembling a good teammate, really doesn't have a clue about anything really, hockey or otherwise.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
If DS makes a deal or two it will be for a right shooting RW that would ideally compliment KREJCI and for a left shooting D-man that can log 20 mins of solid D a game and he's probably thinking would compliment CARLO as his partner. I said it at the first of the season, CARLO and KRUG are not a great fit with one another, not at this point in CARLO's career.

Reactions: TCB and wintersej

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
This team doesn't have a scoring problem (yet) or a hole at left wing, but it does lack size up front. It's a shame Kane is terribly overrated and an awful team mate.

As veddar said, let him rot in buffalo ...or let someone like Toronto give up a good piece for him.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Is Mark Stone and Vincent Trocheck untouchable?

If not I'd really overpay for either guy.

Spooner + Zboril + Senyshen + 2018 1st and 2019 2nd

for

either Stone or Trocheck

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

for

either Stone or Trocheck

Stone is untouchable as far as I know from reports and Dom hinted that it wasn’t really worth discussing his name.

Trocheck seems like a huge part of FLA and didn’t they just re-sign him? Not sure why’d they move him.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
If DS makes a deal or two it will be for a right shooting RW that would ideally compliment KREJCI and for a left shooting D-man that can log 20 mins of solid D a game and he's probably thinking would compliment CARLO as his partner. I said it at the first of the season, CARLO and KRUG are not a great fit with one another, not at this point in CARLO's career.

This is right on the money Tazz. OEL (although he has flaws as well) would be a great LD fit to partner with McAvoy on a #1 pair. A Chara-Carlo 2nd pairing would be the start of a good transition. Krug is only 26 with no terms (NMC, NTC etc) to hold back a trade and a salary dump. But, beyond OEL - who I don't know if

To me the right shot RW for Krejci is the tricky one. I get lost trying to figure that one out.

gvkmedia

Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca

for

either Stone or Trocheck

Stone is untouchable as far as I know from reports and Dom hinted that it wasn’t really worth discussing his name.

Trocheck seems like a huge part of FLA and didn’t they just re-sign him? Not sure why’d they move him.

These are 2 good options - but it is true that Trocheck just signed for 5 years at 4,75M - so a good price. Too good. Not likely to move.

Stone would be the best option but the price to get him would likely be even higher. Add one of our blue chippers - JFK or Lindgren (edit: took our Donato) to the mix. I would still do it.

Last edited:

gvkmedia

Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Just to clarify - by stating "add to the mix" - I didn't mean to add them to the deal stated.
I would go: Spooner, Zboril & JFK for Stone.
Or Spooner, JFK and a 1st for Stone. Something along those lines. A deep package but not one that rips our prospect pool apart.

I would keep Ryan Donato out of it. At 6'0", right shot centre or rw - he is just too valuable to let go. If no move is made for a winger or Dman - he is our best bet to crack the lineup for the playoffs after the Olympics and may be the rw for Krejci sooner rather than later.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
good lord, still on the Evander Kane, the guy had teammates like Mark Stuart, Wheeler, Buff in Winnipeg as veterans who are likely part of their leadership group and Kane did his own thing.

He`s played not one playoff game and I have no idea why I believe I don`t think it makes a lick of a difference to him. The impression I get from that guy is as long as he gets paid, he`s good

Reactions: Strafer and Iceage

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just to clarify - by stating "add to the mix" - I didn't mean to add them to the deal stated.
Or Spooner, JFK and a 1st for Stone. Something along those lines. A deep package but not one that rips our prospect pool apart.

I would keep Ryan Donato out of it. At 6'0", right shot centre or rw - he is just too valuable to let go. If no move is made for a winger or Dman - he is our best bet to crack the lineup for the playoffs after the Olympics and may be the rw for Krejci sooner rather than later.

Donato shoots left.

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

every picture ive seen of ryan donato shows him with a left shot. but as we are seeing with heinen and Bjork maybe the shot matters less and less with this new generation of players. for years a lot of the big name europeons seem to prefer to play their off wing

what you give up along the boards you increase your shooting angle for one timers.

I'm a traditionalist. I still like proper shot on proper side but if the kids can play as well as Bjork and heinen I guess I'm going to have to adjust my thinking.

as for your trade suggestion. if I'm an Ottawa fan I throw up a bit in my mouth. if I see my team trade away its best forward I want more

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
good lord, still on the Evander Kane, the guy had teammates like Mark Stuart, Wheeler, Buff in Winnipeg as veterans who are likely part of their leadership group and Kane did his own thing.

He`s played not one playoff game and I have no idea why I believe I don`t think it makes a lick of a difference to him. The impression I get from that guy is as long as he gets paid, he`s good

This team has zero need for more natural LWers, and despite all the negative Kane brings to the table, folks here still clamor for him.

I heard the other day (and I'm not sure where to look this up) that Kane leads the league in shot attempts (as it stands he's 4th in shots on net). Which one could interpret that he likes to shoot.....a lot. And I would wager to guess not all of those are high % scoring chances.

I know if I was a line-mate or teammate of Kane, guys who shoot every single chance they get, regardless of it's really a scoring opportunity, are frustrating to play with. And often times low % shots lead to loss of possession or stoppages in play. Plenty of one-and-done when Kane is on the ice.

Buffalo can keep this guy and find some other sucker GM to take him on. I wouldn't touch him if I'm Sweeney. And I seriously doubt he does.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
every picture ive seen of ryan donato shows him with a left shot. but as we are seeing with heinen and Bjork maybe the shot matters less and less with this new generation of players. for years a lot of the big name europeons seem to prefer to play their off wing

what you give up along the boards you increase your shooting angle for one timers.

I'm a traditionalist. I still like proper shot on proper side but if the kids can play as well as Bjork and heinen I guess I'm going to have to adjust my thinking.

as for your trade suggestion. if I'm an Ottawa fan I throw up a bit in my mouth. if I see my team trade away its best forward I want more

I would say the opposite is true, with the increased speed of the game, coaches are less and less inclined to play guy on their off-wing. Fact is, most rosters are skewed towards left-shot forwards and have little choice but to play guys on their off-side, so they find out which guys are most comfortable with it, and which guys can't do it. Having guys on the off-wing makes breaking out of your own zone along the wall harder, and passing the puck through the neutral zone. Seems like it's mostly the very high end skill guys like Kane, OV, Kucherov, Ovechkin, who play their off-side.

Once they enter the zone, it really doesn't matter now whose LW and whose RW, the 3 forwards are all over the zone, constantly rotating as they cycle the puck. But your right in the sense that teams as they cycle are trying to set up one-timer opportunities, the days of skating down the ice and blasting away slappers from their natural wing seem to be over. The pure slap-shot in general (as oppose to one-timers) seems to be fading from the game.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
As a Bruins fan, I've seen some trade proposals on your end that have made me want to do the same.

and you've seen plenty of real trades made that cause you to do the same... I don't blame you. like most fans you want the best for your team. but in the real world so does the other side. its normal for fans to never feel they are getting enough. that's what fans do

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Anyone know Kevin Fiala's worth to Nashville? He's young and has some offensive flair.

Doesn't Fiala play in their top 6? Nashville is sitting in a playoff spot, not really sure why they'd move one of their top young players. He's on pace for 20 goals, 56 points in his first full NHL season. You're not getting him for anything less than a huge over-payment.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
He's been cold for 10 games or so and noticed a season low in minutes the other night. Just wondering if anyone knew how high they were on him. I've watched a few of their games and he's quite talented.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Anyone who honestly thinks that a d-bag like Evander Kane is going to walk into Boston under the learning tree of Chara/Bergeron/Backes and suddenly become something resembling a good teammate, really doesn't have a clue about anything really, hockey or otherwise.
I'm pretty sure BFS94 was being facetious.
I wan't nothing to do with Kane.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad