Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Saxon Eric what do you think of the chances Merkulov makes the team and we see something like this down the middle...
1 Zacha
2 Merkulov
3 Coyle
I'm not Eric, but I'd say it's slim that he's the 2C.

Coyle is an actual NHL C. He's good defensively and he'll get 45-50 pts this year. He's a known quantity. I don't see a reason why a coach would play a question mark over him unless the front office tells him that they aren't looking to contend, that it's a rebuilding year, and that the coach's job is safe.

Also, they signed Geekie and told him he'd have a bigger role. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be at C, but I do believe that's the plan.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Coyle is an actual NHL C. He's good defensively and he'll get 45-50 pts this year. He's a known quantity. I don't see a reason why a coach would play a question mark over him unless the front office tells him that they aren't looking to contend, that it's a rebuilding year, and that the coach's job is safe.

Also, they signed Geekie and told him he'd have a bigger role. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be at C, but I do believe that's the plan.
Bingo

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Not sure how anyone can think the B's should have a quality farm system.
They have been in the upper echelon of the NHL since 2009 , with a slight dip
for a year or two in there. So basically their 1st round picks are much closer to the
2nd round, and based on the stats below only 17 % of 2nd round picks play
more than 100 nhl games. Which probably translates to 40 to 50 games by the
team that drafted them, and then the remained by other teams that are hoping
they can turn them around.

1694449190396.png

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not sure how anyone can think the B's should have a quality farm system.
They have been in the upper echelon of the NHL since 2009 , with a slight dip
for a year or two in there. So basically their 1st round picks are much closer to the
2nd round, and based on the stats below only 17 % of 2nd round picks play
more than 100 nhl games. Which probably translates to 40 to 50 games by the
team that drafted them, and then the remained by other teams that are hoping
they can turn them around.

View attachment 742281

Get out of here with that shit. We all know its because Sweeney sucks balls at drafting and tries to be too clever by half. He should have found a Bergeron or Krejci in the late 1st, or second round every year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
@Alicat

I think NESN needs an editor. I can't read anymore

View attachment 742352
Someone needs to learn how to use commas and be more concise especially if you're writing short summaries of the prospects.

Frederic Brunet - Played for the Victoriaville Tigres in the Quebect Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) last season. Before joining the Providence Bruins, Brunet played 30 games putting up career highs in goals (10) and points (38). In his lone appearance for the P-Bruins, the 20-year old tallied two assists, He is eligible to return to the QMJHL but his development would benefit from remaining in Providence full time.

Still not great but at least it has punctuation and is more concise.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Someone needs to learn how to use commas and be more concise especially if you're writing short summaries of the prospects.

Frederic Brunet - Played for the Victoriaville Tigres in the Quebect Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) last season. Before joining the Providence Bruins, Brunet played 30 games putting up career highs in goals (10) and points (38). In his lone appearance for the P-Bruins, the 20-year old tallied two assists, He is eligible to return to the QMJHL but his development would benefit from remaining in Providence full time.

Still not great but at least it has punctuation and is more concise.
Not only that, but he played 66 games between Victoriaville and Rimouski and scored 16 goals and 73 points. The 10 goals and 38 points they mentioned were not career highs lol.

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Speaking of Frederic Brunet. Any word on any contract. NHL Bruins or AHL Bruins. The Bruins have 45/50 NHL contracts......

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

What I been saying about Poitras

Between Merk & Poit the Bruins have the third center they need sooner rather then later

Bruins have little need for prospects for the foreseeable future - a handful over the next 2-3 years and they are all in the system now

Last 15 years most wins second most playoff wins

That bothers you go root for Chicago or LA we need less traffic here

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think these list compilers are complete fakes. There are over 1,000 prospects tied to NHL teams, this guy would have to watch 5 games a day, every day for 9 months just to see each of them play once. And once is not enough. All they do is regurgitate and recycle other people's opinions (which were BS to start with) as their own. IMO, their lists should be printed on toilet paper because that's about all they're good for.

Fwiw, I don't doubt that our prospect pool isn't great, but what people seem to ignore is that we do still manage to develop players who contribute. Swayman, Frederic, Clifton, Lauzon, Kuhlman, Zboril, Blidh... even guys like Donato and Vaak served a purpose (Coyle, Lindholm). All those guys came out of our "crappy" prospect pool. And every one of those names was a rookie who cracked the roster since Lauko was drafted.

So, not only do I think the "lists" are fake, I do believe this team adds youth. In the drafts since Lauko we've added some intriguing guys who I think will contribute. Lysell, Lohrei, Poitras, Merkulov, Locmelis, Brunet, Duran, Harrison, Mast, Gasseau, Gallagher... a couple have the potential to be top half contributors and considering we only had 2 first round picks in the last 5 drafts that's not bad. This team is also able to supplement their drafts with their ability to trade (Zacha 6th overall in 2015 for a UFA) and attract free agents (Farinacci, McLaughlin, Boqvist, Geekie).
They are sitting with one of if not the best G/D group in the league and a top prospect at both positions

They need a 2RW, 2C, and 4C

That’s pretty much it

Not many openings

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

This is the likely outcome
However Merkulov should get a long look to win the 2nd line Center spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad