Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Lohrei was the worst D in +/- on OSU last year.

Patrice Bergeron had the worst +/- on the entire 2006-07 Bruins.

Lysell had by far the worst minus on his team last year in Providence. Would you say his impact on Providence was not positive?

I don't hold that against any of those guys.

It's really not a great stat.
Yes, I would say that.
Lohrei was the worst D in +/- on OSU last year.

Patrice Bergeron had the worst +/- on the entire 2006-07 Bruins.

Lysell had by far the worst minus on his team last year in Providence. Would you say his impact on Providence was not positive?

I don't hold that against any of those guys.

It's really not a great stat.

Addison played 63 games and was a healthy scratch for the rest. Didn't play at all in the playoffs. Was terrible defensively, bad 5 on 5 and reportedly had attitude problems.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Dunno how likely it is, but imagine our prospects just massively outperform? Like 3-4 of them are middle 6 and second pairing caliber guys? Man I'd LOVE that. Would make the rest of the NHL so mad.

I'm going to accept that a top 3 guy prooooobably isn't possible. But second line? I'll dream about that!

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Unhappy maybe. Actual concern seems like next season.
Agreed. Beecher is still at the point of probably being better served getting lots of ice time in Providence vs. ~10 minutes per night in the NHL. Add on top of that the fact he is waiver exempt and I'd be surprised if he isn't in the AHL to start the season.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Agreed. Beecher is still at the point of probably being better served getting lots of ice time in Providence vs. ~10 minutes per night in the NHL. Add on top of that the fact he is waiver exempt and I'd be surprised if he isn't in the AHL to start the season.
Beecher isn’t going to be the teams centre ice saviour anyways. I don’t know why anyone cares if he makes it or not.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
He is really big. Does he hit?

He uses his size well, but he's no Danton Heinen in the hitting department.

Funny thing:

HockeyDB: Kostadinski 6'3", 198 pounds - Nassen 6'3", 203 pounds

Elite prospects: Kostadinski 6'5", 214 pounds - Nassen 6'4", 205 pounds

NHL Central Scouting; Kostadinski 6'5", 213 pounds - Nassen 6'4", 205 pounds

Central scouting officially measured Kostadinski but not Nassen.

Frolunda's official stats: Kostadinski 6'3.5"; 198 pounds - Nassen 6'4" - 203 pounds.

Everyone talked about Kostadinski being a huge body out there, but Nassen is right there with him

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
He uses his size well, but he's no Danton Heinen in the hitting department.

Funny thing:

HockeyDB: Kostadinski 6'3", 198 pounds - Nassen 6'3", 203 pounds

Elite prospects: Kostadinski 6'5", 214 pounds - Nassen 6'4", 205 pounds

NHL Central Scouting; Kostadinski 6'5", 213 pounds - Nassen 6'4", 205 pounds

Central scouting officially measured Kostadinski but not Nassen.

Frolunda's official stats: Kostadinski 6'3.5"; 198 pounds - Nassen 6'4" - 203 pounds.

Everyone talked about Kostadinski being a huge body out there, but Nassen is right there with him
Nassen is a Moose but Kostadinski is a well fed Giraffe 🦒

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
September 7 wrap

Kostadinski 2 games so far
2 assist in 4-2 win
1 shot in a 2-1 win
Nassen 2 games
Zeros game 1
3 shots game 2
In case you didn't know,they play for the same team

Dyck plays tonight

On Sunday Poitras had 1 assist 5 shots -1 5-3 preseason win, next game is Friday

Edward and the Knights play their first preseason game Saturday

Pelosi and Hendrickson take on The Tri City Storm tomorrow at 230 on Flo Hockey as the USHL kicks off

I have 15 probables/definites and 1 ? for the Prospect Challenge
Dyck, Ritchie, Mast, Lohrei, Edward, Brunet, Poitras, Pederson, Lysell, Kuntar, Harrison, Farinacci, Rousseau, Halaburda, Nash
Blake Smith is the ?

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
23-24 keep all prospects in Providence to play in all special team situations !24-25 big team will need 6-7 players from them!

Reactions: JOKER 192

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
23-24 keep all prospects in Providence to play in all special team situations !24-25 big team will need 6-7 players from them!

100% , several of them look close but I think they could all use a little more seasoning. One more year in the AHL wouldn't hurt any of them.

With the present situation at C with the big club they're not winning anything anyway, why rush the prospects?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You guys are like Charlie Brown and those rankings are Lucy with the football.

They get you. Every. Time.
Lohrei was the only one to make Elite Prospects Top 100.
D71D4328-E6C9-4F37-81F0-20170BAC5CFF.gif

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You guys are like Charlie Brown and those rankings are Lucy with the football.

They get you. Every. Time.

I always find it interesting to look what others think around the league and compare it to bruins fans. I mean hell, if you listen to people around here gush about numerous prospects that never sniff the NHL and you’d think this team was producing borderline stars. Reality is they haven’t had anyone crack the roster since Lauko was drafted. On top of that there’s been a good amount of overhyped prospects around that have been fringe players in the league.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Swift Current won 7-2 in Pre Season action,unfortunately Dyck wasn't in the lineup

Pelosi and Hendrickson in action today unfortunately no TV as they start Pre Season games

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I always find it interesting to look what others think around the league and compare it to bruins fans. I mean hell, if you listen to people around here gush about numerous prospects that never sniff the NHL and you’d think this team was producing borderline stars. Reality is they haven’t had anyone crack the roster since Lauko was drafted. On top of that there’s been a good amount of overhyped prospects around that have been fringe players in the league.
I think these list compilers are complete fakes. There are over 1,000 prospects tied to NHL teams, this guy would have to watch 5 games a day, every day for 9 months just to see each of them play once. And once is not enough. All they do is regurgitate and recycle other people's opinions (which were BS to start with) as their own. IMO, their lists should be printed on toilet paper because that's about all they're good for.

Fwiw, I don't doubt that our prospect pool isn't great, but what people seem to ignore is that we do still manage to develop players who contribute. Swayman, Frederic, Clifton, Lauzon, Kuhlman, Zboril, Blidh... even guys like Donato and Vaak served a purpose (Coyle, Lindholm). All those guys came out of our "crappy" prospect pool. And every one of those names was a rookie who cracked the roster since Lauko was drafted.

So, not only do I think the "lists" are fake, I do believe this team adds youth. In the drafts since Lauko we've added some intriguing guys who I think will contribute. Lysell, Lohrei, Poitras, Merkulov, Locmelis, Brunet, Duran, Harrison, Mast, Gasseau, Gallagher... a couple have the potential to be top half contributors and considering we only had 2 first round picks in the last 5 drafts that's not bad. This team is also able to supplement their drafts with their ability to trade (Zacha 6th overall in 2015 for a UFA) and attract free agents (Farinacci, McLaughlin, Boqvist, Geekie).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm always amazed at the amount of energy here that people put into some dude's prospect pool ranking. All that matters at the end of all the BS is whether the Bruins ice a competitive line-up that can get into the playoffs at which point all bets are off. This they've managed to do pretty damn successfully for a long time.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I think these list compilers are complete fakes. There are over 1,000 prospects tied to NHL teams, this guy would have to watch 5 games a day, every day for 9 months just to see each of them play once. And once is not enough. All they do is regurgitate and recycle other people's opinions (which were BS to start with) as their own. IMO, their lists should be printed on toilet paper because that's about all they're good for.

Fwiw, I don't doubt that our prospect pool isn't great, but what people seem to ignore is that we do still manage to develop players who contribute. Swayman, Frederic, Clifton, Lauzon, Kuhlman, Zboril, Blidh... even guys like Donato and Vaak served a purpose (Coyle, Lindholm). All those guys came out of our "crappy" prospect pool. And every one of those names was a rookie who cracked the roster since Lauko was drafted.

So, not only do I think the "lists" are fake, I do believe this team adds youth. In the drafts since Lauko we've added some intriguing guys who I think will contribute. Lysell, Lohrei, Poitras, Merkulov, Locmelis, Brunet, Duran, Harrison, Mast, Gasseau, Gallagher... a couple have the potential to be top half contributors and considering we only had 2 first round picks in the last 5 drafts that's not bad. This team is also able to supplement their drafts with their ability to trade (Zacha 6th overall in 2015 for a UFA) and attract free agents (Farinacci, McLaughlin, Boqvist, Geekie).
This post summarizes the Bruins approach to team building accurately. Their success at drafting youngsters who contribute, trades that insert key players and the organization's attractiveness to free agents have produced the outstanding success of the franchise for the past 10+ years.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

The vast majority of guys you listed who “contribute” from our “crappy” prospect pool are in fact crappy themselves. Clifton, blidh, donato, zboril, kuhlman are all jags, Frederic is a borderline jag. Swayman was definitely a very good pick.

As much as you say these outsiders opinions should be printed on toilet. The same goes for the overwhelming majority of people (obviously including myself because I drank the tea many were spewing around here too) on this bruins forum. Outside of the ones you mentioned we’ve seen guys like spooner, studnicka, Vaak, Beecher and others get hyped to the heavens by what is viewed as prominent and established bruins guys on this forum. So in reality it’s all a crap shoot.

The opinions on this forum are no better than the outside sources. Hell I’d even argue the outside sources have been infinitely more accurate over the past 5 or so years than the ones here.

And yea there’s some prospects coming up that you mentioned. I guess if the bar of contributing is physically appearing in games then yes maybe so, but that’s a low bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad