Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I think you'll have a tough time finding any team that has had zero impact NHLers for the draft years since 2018.

It's not that all first rounders hit. Or that it's a not yet. It's that not a single player has had any impact.

I'm almost positive most teams get lucky with some mid to late round player who's playing right now. I could be wrong but I'm confident.
I think there is probably a shorter list of teams that have found impact players. Maybe some of the horrible teams that have top 10 picks.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Interesting Lysell gets a 7 for skating. obviously Barclay Parneta would disagree.

In a new profile of Lysell from The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler , Parneta says that in his 30 years working in hockey -- mostly in the WHL, but also for seven years as an NHL scout -- he has only seen two other players who can skate like Lysell: Pavel Bure and Connor McDavid.
“It’s just so pretty and fun to watch him,” Parneta told The Athletic. “No matter who you are, you’re going to recognize, ‘Wow, this guy is incredibly fast.’ If he’s not the best skater I’ve ever seen, he’s certainly one of them.”

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
2016- CM, Frederic, Steen, Koppanen, LINDGREN, STEEN
2017- Vaak, Studnicka, Sway
2018- Lauko
2019- Beecher?
2020- Lohrei, Kuntar, DURAN
2021- Lysell, Harrison, Mast, Gallagher, JELLVIK, GASSEAU, SVEDEBACK
2022- Poitras, Brunet, LOCMELIS, EDWARD
2023- PELOSI, HENDRICKSON

Filled in the guys you asked about.

Reactions: ODAAT

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Some strange prospect rankings of late
Hockey News doesn't have Merkulov in the top 10
Eliteprospects.com with Lauko before Merkulov and DiPietro before Bussi
Perhaps they are using an age cap... Bussi doesn't fit in a lot of publications "prospect" category.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Interesting Lysell gets a 7 for skating. obviously Barclay Parneta would disagree.

In a new profile of Lysell from The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler , Parneta says that in his 30 years working in hockey -- mostly in the WHL, but also for seven years as an NHL scout -- he has only seen two other players who can skate like Lysell: Pavel Bure and Connor McDavid.
“It’s just so pretty and fun to watch him,” Parneta told The Athletic. “No matter who you are, you’re going to recognize, ‘Wow, this guy is incredibly fast.’ If he’s not the best skater I’ve ever seen, he’s certainly one of them.”

What???

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Regarding the B's prospect pool, we really need to get a grip. No "Can't miss" but a few Lysell, Lohrei, Poitras, Locmelis "Could hit". Merkulov could be the closest, best release on a shot since Tommy Fergus, can he fill in the rest of his game in the big time the big question. Duran, Gallagher, Mast, Beecher, a few others good core of foot soldiers. Wild cards Brunet, Farinacci and Svede the Swede in goal. But who knows? Like I said we need to get a "Gryp".

1693435327741.png

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Last edited:
Reactions: Kegs

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Some of this stuff really doesn't make much sense but certainly fun to look at ....but you tell me, how much of a hockey difference is there in any of the categories for example being between being a 5 and 7 hockey sense.

I say anything is possible for any of these players. The rating point difference between players is insignificant, it's ridiculous. This is the kind of thing I hope AI takes over moving forward lol.
I mean…this is how scouts do it. Are you suggesting AI take the place of scouts?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

Great read. Thanks for posting Wally. Thanks for all the updates on Bruin prospects and all the info you bring to this site Dom. It is much appreciated

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom I found it interesting you had Locmelis as NHL but not with Bruins.....can you expand on that?
I think he has NHL talent. However, he is just starting what could be 4 years of NCAA hockey. If he continues to play down the middle, Merkulov, Poitras and Faranacci are ahead of him as of now.

Things will change over 4 years if he goes the distance. So, I try and take everything into consideration and that's where I see it today.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I think he has NHL talent. However, he is just starting what could be 4 years of NCAA hockey. If he continues to play down the middle, Merkulov, Poitras and Faranacci are ahead of him as of now.

Things will change over 4 years if he goes the distance. So, I try and take everything into consideration and that's where I see it today.
chance he moves to wing?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Great info

Donny Doer has been attacking the center spot subtly for 2-3 years while trying to win

Zacha is a steal and reminds me of Freddy Stanfield one of my all time favorites

Love a handful of kids

When you are a dominant team you aren’t picking where Columbus, Chicago, Philadelphia, and LA are year after year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad