Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Yikes not looking good...I guess I get my money back? I will be reaching out with the inquiry soon enough.
Hope is still alive for your Sunday game ..Guelph survived a 3rd period comeback from Sarnia to win 5-4 ..next game tomorrow ....if they win you get your Sunday afternoon fun! Poitras looked good, like Dom says he battles for pucks hard in the offensive zone for a guy his size ..runs out of gas though on the back check.....which can lead to odd man rushes from what I've seen. Again ..Mast is big

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hope is still alive for your Sunday game ..Guelph survived a 3rd period comeback from Sarnia to win 5-4 ..next game tomorrow ....if they win you get your Sunday afternoon fun! Poitras looked good, like Dom says he battles for pucks hard in the offensive zone for a guy his size ..runs out of gas though on the back check.....which can lead to odd man rushes from what I've seen. Again ..Mast is big
Good stuff...happy for you G B, good to hear Poitras looking good. Do you see Mast having NHL upside (yes to early).

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Good stuff...happy for you G B, good to hear Poitras looking good. Do you see Mast having NHL upside (yes to early).
I don't see why not ..he's got the size and he's poised in his own zone, makes good crisp outlet passes, seems to like to activate himself in the offensive zone so he's got some instincts plus he's wearing an A so he's got some leadership skills. Doesn't seem to have a mean streak though. Maybe comparable is a 5/6/ Forbert like trajectory?

Reactions: Blowfish

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Thursday Night Recap

Harrison and Windsor get swept
4 shots -1 5-1 loss, see you in Providence kid

Gallagher's season ends as well,6-2 loss to Minnesota, the official stat line was zeros across the board but with 4 minutes in penalties, he did have 2 shots on net and I thought he played pretty well,Minnesota clearly the better team
Anyways he should stay at BU for another year and we'll reassess then

London and Edward gets the sweep, 5-0 win
1 shot 4 minutes in penalties

Mast v Poitras, Guelph survives till Saturday, 5-4 win
Mast 2 shots -1
Poitras 1 shot +1

On Wednesday Maine beat Worcester 4-2
DiPietro 35 saves and the W

Also on Wednesday Brunet and his Tigres lost another one to go down 3 games to 1
Brunet 1 shot -2 in a 2-1 loss

Myrenberg and team down 3-0 after losing in OT 3-2, our guy had 1 assist -1 , 23:27 of ice time

Mantykivi down 2 games to 1 after losing 3-2
3 shots, 16:18 TOI

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
What if locmelis is one of Latvias better players in the exhibition games?
Okay, so I wanted to reply, but only after I checked how much 19 year olds previosly played for the adult team (spoiler - not a lot), then I had some personal things to do instead of posting, then I was just lazy.
Long story short, while I procrastinated and prepared to smash you with arguments, Locmelis scored in his first, I believe, game for the adult Latvian team in a 2-0 win over Poland.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Okay, so I wanted to reply, but only after I checked how much 19 year olds previosly played for the adult team (spoiler - not a lot), then I had some personal things to do instead of posting, then I was just lazy.
Long story short, while I procrastinated and prepared to smash you with arguments, Locmelis scored in his first, I believe, game for the adult Latvian team in a 2-0 win over Poland.

He didn't play in yesterday's game which was a 5-3 Poland win.

This morning he scored 35 seconds into the third period to make it 2-0 Latvia and that's how the game ended.

Reactions: Raleighfern

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Perfect. How did he look playing against grown men(outside of the goal)? Was he on the right side of the puck? And was he strong enough?

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Perfect. How did he look playing against grown men(outside of the goal)? Was he on the right side of the puck? And was he strong enough?
I missed the game so the best there is for both of us is this video of his goal.

Admittedly, he is a center, which is a big bonus for him. Latvia lacks centers. If VGK goes on a deep PO run, we have only one top quality natural center. And if our coach is brave enough, he might put a youngster to center the second line. Or third. But our coach is rather conservative. Most likely he will put a winger with some center experience on the second line, and put low scoring grinders to center bottom lines. In this case, the best bet for Locmelis is to be taken as a 13th forward (which is possible) and hope that something is not working so they start shuffling players.
Once again, I havent seen him play. I base this assumption on my general knowledge of Latvian team, players, coaches and past tournaments. No one will be happier than me if Locmelis suddenly proves me wrong and tears up the WC.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I missed the game so the best there is for both of us is this video of his goal.

Admittedly, he is a center, which is a big bonus for him. Latvia lacks centers. If VGK goes on a deep PO run, we have only one top quality natural center. And if our coach is brave enough, he might put a youngster to center the second line. Or third. But our coach is rather conservative. Most likely he will put a winger with some center experience on the second line, and put low scoring grinders to center bottom lines. In this case, the best bet for Locmelis is to be taken as a 13th forward (which is possible) and hope that something is not working so they start shuffling players.
Once again, I havent seen him play. I base this assumption on my general knowledge of Latvian team, players, coaches and past tournaments. No one will be happier than me if Locmelis suddenly proves me wrong and tears up the WC.

Thanks !

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Box office emailed me and I got centre ice tickets for me and the kid ..if you want to say hello let's meet up at at 1st or 2nd intermission ...or before the game if you get there early

Reactions: Blowfish

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Poitras must have grown. When I watch these highlights I see a guy who is at least 6ft. He also appears quite strong on the puck. I no longer view him as an undersized center at all.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Poitras lives to fight another day beating Mast and Sarnia 3-1, series is now 3-2
Poitras 1 assist +1
Mast 1 shot -1

In the Q Victoriaville Tigres won't be down for breakfast as they lost 4-2
Brunet 1 assist 5 shots -2 2nd Star 🌟
No doubt Brunet gets signed to something, the bigger question is where does he play next year?

Maine lost 4-1, DiPietro the backup

No sign of Reid Dyck, that of course could change or he just needs a break and we'll see him in late July

As @DominicT reported our guy Dustyn McFaul is doing the Grad year (5th year) thing,Clarkson should be more competitive next season

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Poitras lives to fight another day beating Mast and Sarnia 3-1, series is now 3-2
Poitras 1 assist +1
Mast 1 shot -1

No doubt Brunet gets signed to something, the bigger question is where does he play next year?

No sign of Reid Dyck, that of course could change or he just needs a break and we'll see him in late July

As @DominicT reported our guy Dustyn McFaul is doing the Grad year (5th year) thing,Clarkson should be more competitive next season
I talked to Dyck either Tuesday or Wednesday and he said there have been no discussions about joining Providence or Maine for the remainder of the season but things could have changed since then.

I would imagine Keyser will get the Black Ace duty simply because of experience and they ride Bussi through the playoffs with DiPietro backing him up. So, I guess they could use another warm body.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Poitras 1 assist +1
Mast 1 shot -1

Dom informed me a few weeks back on this thread that Brunet can’t go the NCAA route

Would be cool to see him go off the map and play some Swiss hockey since he speaks French and English.

We’ve got a lot of folks ready to graduate from juniors + NCAA, I wonder what Prov looks like next year

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don't know if everyone will play, but still good for them to get there, practice, show what they can do.

And maybe they'll play
The whole back end about to get a facelift it seems. I’m sure they will give games to them all.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The whole back end about to get a facelift it seems. I’m sure they will give games to them all.
I remember asking @Saxon Eric who he felt was the most pressing addition they needed to make of all these kids and he said Ryan Mast and I assumed it was because he is the right shot defenceman they could use. I wanted to see Poitras but Eric changed my opinion. Poitras just turned 19 less than a month ago so his time will come so I hope Poitras can come back and knock Mast out of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad