Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He can only sign an ATO and he has to go back to the OHL next year. He's allowed to play because his season in Guelph is over.

Well he can sign an entry level contract as well at any point, and almost certainly will before the next season starts.

But next year he can only be in the NHL or in Juniors, and almost certainly Juniors

And to answer the initial question was it expected, yes. the vast majority of Juniors who are draft picks find their way to the AHL at the end of their season assuming their season ends before the AHL season ends

Reactions: rocketdan9

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Interesting, I know OHL has some different rules for contracts to make the jump, just always figured ATO worked the same way as it does in NCAA.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They both follow me on Twitter. They let me know of I say something they like, but in particular if I say something they don't like.

Mantykivi is in an elimination game in 12 minutes.

As for agents, I meet them in a rink somewhere.
oh interesting, thank you

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So, I wondered why the Canucks gave up "one of their better prospects" and their "best right hand shot defenceman prospect" in the trade for Jack Studnicka. I was actually quite confused and it took some time to get an answer.

It had to do with the NHL/Swedish Hockey Federation transfer agreement. Since Myrenberg was drafted outside the first round, the agreement stated that he had to be returned to Sweden until he turns 21 years of age (Under the new agreement signed last year, that is now 24 years of age for players drafted in 2022 or later) Unless the NHL team can get permission for the player's release from his Swedish team.

The Canucks wanted Myrenberg in the AHL in 2021 and again in 2022 but were denied by Myrenberg's team in Sweden.

It appears someone misinterpreted the transfer agreement and thought it was retroactive (it is not) and thought they had to wait 5 more years to bring him over.

Talk about a Mickey Mouse Operation.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So, I wondered why the Canucks gave up "one of their better prospects" and their "best right hand shot defenceman prospect" in the trade for Jack Studnicka. I was actually quite confused and it took some time to get an answer.

It had to do with the NHL/Swedish Hockey Federation transfer agreement. Since Myrenberg was drafted outside the first round, the agreement stated that he had to be returned to Sweden until he turns 21 years of age (Under the new agreement signed last year, that is now 24 years of age for players drafted in 2022 or later) Unless the NHL team can get permission for the player's release from his Swedish team.

The Canucks wanted Myrenberg in the AHL in 2021 and again in 2022 but were denied by Myrenberg's team in Sweden.

It appears someone misinterpreted the transfer agreement and thought it was retroactive (it is not) and thought they had to wait 5 more years to bring him over.

This pleases me

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

This is what happens when you don't employ smart people for non-hockey related decisions. Really well run franchises employ a certain number of boy/girl-genius Harvard law school types to advise on regulations and salary cap issues. You can't have former jocks and cronies in those positions or you pay a steep price.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

Wait what? So Vancouver gave up one of their best prospects for a throw away player? Vancouver is a poop show.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine

Can you elaborate more on Jonathan and his situation with the bruins.

Reactions: Kegs

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Can you elaborate more on Jonathan and his situation with the bruins.
Well, according to Mark Divver, he is suppose to join Providence on an ATO - he's allowed to do that because his season is over, but they still haven't listed him on their roster.

As it stands right now, he will be at development camp in the summer.

He is under contract to Linkoping in the SHL next season so he could play pro in Sweden or be loaned to HockeyAllsvenskan next season.

After next season, he is free and clear to come to North America. If the Bruins wanted him here next year, they could buyout his contract and pay the transfer fees to get him here sooner.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Sunday's wrap

London lost 6-1 ,Edward 1 shot +1, up 2-1

Sarnia won 2-1 ,Mast 4 shots -1 up 2-0

In the ECHL it was a pad your stats kind of weekend
On Saturday Maine won 7-2
Filipe 1 goal 1 shot +1
DiPietro 35 saves

On Sunday Maine won 10-2
Filipe 2 assist 2 shots +3
DiPietro the backup
They start playoffs Friday vs Reading

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The good news is both London and Sarnia won last night
The bad is neither our guys played

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The good news is both London and Sarnia won last night
The bad is neither our guys played
I think it's a concussion for Edward. Took a hit to the head the previous game.

The bug is going through the Sarnia room. They aren't saying if it's related to it or healthy scratch for Mast.

You should also post this in the draft thread.

Reactions: Kegs and TCB

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think it's a concussion for Edward. Took a hit to the head the previous game.

The bug is going through the Sarnia room. They aren't saying if it's related to it or healthy scratch for Mast.

You should also post this in the draft thread.
Dom, Edwards through a massive hit on Motew of the Rangers missed and banged head first into the boards. Blood all over the ice. Went off with help. Love the way Hunter has Edwards playing as a Bruin fan. Just not against the Rangers. They won't be around long anyway.;)

Reactions: CDJ and DominicT

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The week in review

London without Edward wrapped up their series with a 4-0 win

Mast did the same 4-0 win, 1 assist +1

Mantykivi had 1 goal 1 assist 1 shot +2 14:27 TOI
They win the 3rd place game 3-2
Hopefully Boston signs him

Maine lost game one 2-1
Curtis Hall 1 goal 2 shots
DiPietro 31 saves

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

astounding yet not surprising to hear that franchise being operated by incompetent mouth breathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad