Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Edward vs Mast Part 6
And the winner is London 5-1 and wins the series 4-2
Mast zeros across the board and most likely was playing hurt
Edward 1 shot +2
Edwards is a big tough stay at home defenseman. Mast is a good defenseman but just doesn't have the physical edge Edwards has had instilled in him by Dale Hunter. Hopefully they both turn into decent pros. Big jump up to pro hockey from the OHL. When you watch the NHL play offs and compare the speed to Major A it's incredible to see the difference. Also the physicality. Just don't see the massive hits in junior like we are seeing in the Stanley Cup runs.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Amazing to see the projected Providence lineup, considering center prospects are supposedly the big hole in the organization and the team is going to be in the basement for a decade because they haven't drafted or developed kids to replace centers in Boston.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Probably not. He might get a look in one or two exhibition games before the tournament, but he is still a few years ago from the big team. It is also a home tournament for Latvia, so the interest from proven players should be high enough. Locmelis is one of, if not the most promissing young forwards Latvia has, but with 0 pro hockey experience there is no way they let him center any line. Maybe next year, depending on how successful is his transition to NCAA.
Change of heart?
He's been one of their better players.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Change of heart?
He's been one of their better players.
Definitely. I was wrong. I did admit that I havent seen him play, but still shame on me for thinking that a kid from juniors is not mature enough.
He played in top lines, and while I did take with a grain of salt his earlier success against teams like Great Britain and Poland (once again, I shouldnt have - both teams got promoted to top tier last week so they're no punching bags either), he continued to look solid against stronger oponents in Switzerland and Denmark.
Our head coach spoke a little about him:
"He may be our best future prospect. Locmelis proved that he has high hockey IQ, he reads the game well and is fast. He lacks physicality currently, but we will see how it goes during the championship when he plays against more physical oponents, there will be more face-offs and match-ups, and he will have to cover his position. With his play and attitude, he deserved to be among the 25 named players."

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is there a chance that Kuntar could make the 4th line for the parent Bruins team next season?

I like his makeup.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Is there a chance that Kuntar could make the 4th line for the parent Bruins team next season?

I like his makeup.
Possible? Sure.
Likely? No.
Greer is a safe bet to be in the 4th line rotation.
Lauko and Steen will be waiver eligible so they'd likely get the first crack at the other wing.
McLaughlin and Beecher will also be in the mix.
Then IMO there's the high likelihood the B's sign a cheap vet to center the 4th line.
Kuntar, with no professional experience, would basically need to greatly outplay 3 or 4 players...which I don't see happening.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Edward +2 in a 3-0 victory over the Peterborough Petes, series 1-0 for London, next game tonight

Locmelis 1 shot -1 9:02 TOI 6-0 loss vs Canada

Reactions: Raleighfern

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Edward +2 in a 3-0 victory over the Peterborough Petes, series 1-0 for London, next game tonight

Locmelis 1 shot -1 9:02 TOI 6-0 loss vs Canada
And Wissmann zeroes across the board with 20:21 TOI (second only to Moritz Seider who had 30 seconds more) in a 1-0 loss to Sweden.

Wissmann did score today though in a 4-3 loss to Finland.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Edward 2 shots 5-3 loss, series tied 1-1
Next game Monday

Looks like Locmelis was a healthy scratch vs Slovakia, a 2-1 loss

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Edward 2 shots 5-3 loss, series tied 1-1
Next game Monday

Looks like Locmelis was a healthy scratch vs Slovakia, a 2-1 loss
Thoughts on Wissmann? Playing big minutes for Germany and playing very well (like he did a year ago). Your opinion on why he had such limited time with Providence.

And Locmelis did dress (one of their 20 skaters) just got no ice time.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Thoughts on Wissmann? Playing big minutes for Germany and playing very well (like he did a year ago). Your opinion on why he had such limited time with Providence.

And Locmelis did dress (one of their 20 skaters) just got no ice time.

Mougenel is why he didn't play
I'm not saying he would've developed into something but the kid barely played after putting together a decent run of games
I'd like to see a house cleaning down here and bring in a younger coaching group from the USHL and CHL
Kids have to play

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Mougenel is why he didn't play
I'm not saying he would've developed into something but the kid barely played after putting together a decent run of games
I'd like to see a house cleaning down here and bring in a younger coaching group from the USHL and CHL
Kids have to play
I would still love Marc Savard in the role in Providence but I guess I'm dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad