Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I spoke with his father and uncle today. That's what they told me and Langenbrunner told Matias they like him very much.

I will talk to Matias after the playoffs. I don't want to bother him while they are still playing.

Interesting. Seems odd. i would figure PJ and a couple of the euro scouts would have swung by a few times to watch him live, but i really know nothing. I also don't really know what the contact rules are

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Interesting. Seems odd. i would figure PJ and a couple of the euro scouts would have swung by a few times to watch him live, but i really know nothing. I also don't really know what the contact rules are
Its complicated. They can't sign him until May 1 when his current contract expires. But he has an extension with Ilves that takes effect May 1. That Liiga contract comes with an NHL out clause. It also comes with the standard IIHF out clause until June 15. Bruins only hold his right until June 1.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Enjoyed 2 periods in Guelph today. Nice meeting Guelph Bruin. Thanks so much for the beer. Beer and wings on me Buffalo prospects game this September.

Poitras was quick, smart with the puck (hockey IQ thing evident), beautiful snipe for the first goal, agree with Guelph Bruin fan he isn't playing defensive hockey but that could be by design.

I was impressed with Mast. Big, strong, and decent wheels for a big dude.

Was hoping to see Mast/Poitras rumble ... only time that came close was on the pp.

Guelph is beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed Guinness at McCabe's...Good recommendation Guelph Bruin!

Poitras should stay in OHL for 1 more year. Needs to add some bulk. He didn't shy away from physical stuff but still needs some strenght/heavy.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Trying to learn more about Providence College goalie Philip Svedeback but don't see a thread for him even though he was drafted by the Bruins in 2021 (4th-117 overall).

In looking at his stats they are respectable and he played 34 games for the Friars as a freshman.

Is there more to know?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Trying to learn more about Providence College goalie Philip Svedeback but don't see a thread for him even though he was drafted by the Bruins in 2021 (4th-117 overall).

In looking at his stats they are respectable and he played 34 games for the Friars as a freshman.

Is there more to know?
He's starter material, if you're able to watch him he will remind you of a young Tuukka Rask, same mechanics, same technique, improved mentally by leaps and bounds from his USHL days,PC asked a lot of him this year and he delivered

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I spoke with his father and uncle today. That's what they told me and Langenbrunner told Matias they like him very much.

I will talk to Matias after the playoffs. I don't want to bother him while they are still playing.
Dom, asking out of pure curiosity but for someone like yourself who has his finger on the pulse of the game, how did you go about speaking to his father and uncle? Do you contact his agent for an example? And if so, how the hell do you get his agents number? Simply through the connections you have?

Always interested to hear about how things like this work behind the scenes, thanks

Reactions: HustleB

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, asking out of pure curiosity but for someone like yourself who has his finger on the pulse of the game, how did you go about speaking to his father and uncle? Do you contact his agent for an example? And if so, how the hell do you get his agents number? Simply through the connections you have?

Always interested to hear about how things like this work behind the scenes, thanks
They both follow me on Twitter. They let me know of I say something they like, but in particular if I say something they don't like.

Mantykivi is in an elimination game in 12 minutes.

As for agents, I meet them in a rink somewhere.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Edward and London tune up Kitchener 5-1
Zeros across the board for our guy

Mast plays tonight

Mantykivi's team lost , season is over ,now we wait...

On Wednesday Maine lost 5-2
DiPietro the backup
Filipe 4 shots -1

Reactions: CDJ and Raleighfern
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad