Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — What happened to Harvard’s hockey team on the way down from Cambridge? Did they get waylaid by Yalies while coming through New Haven? Whatever the reason, this wasn’t the same varsity that won two dozen games and came into the NCAA tournament with Frozen Four aspirations.

‘We picked a tough game to have a really poor performance,” coach Ted Donato said Friday after third-seeded Ohio State demolished the second-seeded Crimson, 8-1, at Total Mortgage Arena. “Give them [OSU] all the credit but we certainly would have liked to play a lot better.”

The Buckeyes (21-15-3) advanced to Sunday’s regional final against top seed Quinnipiac (31-4-3), which blanked fourth-seeded Merrimack (23-14-1), 5-0, in the nightcap.

Five more followed in the second period from Gustaf Westlund (playing his first game since October) and Thiesing six seconds apart, then from Mason Lohrei, Joe Dunlap and McWard on the power play. “They just kept going in for us,” said co-captain Jake Wise.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That’s a smart pass. Wins face off and taps it to the open guy. Does he dominate the face off circle ?
57.3% on the dot, 6th in the league among centers with more than 700 faceoffs. He will get better as he gots stronger too.

He will get some votes for league MVP. I get a vote on that and I'm not sure I can give him the vote. It's not like the Hart Trophy in the NHL - different criteria so I can't in good faith give him my vote. That said, I spoke with several people that also get a vote and a few of them said if it was the same criteria as the Hart, he'd get their vote. But first, we have to wait for teams to nominate their MVP.

Anyway, they have a tough task in the first round going up against Ryan Mast and Sarnia. I will be doing a playoff preview in the coming days with my predictions.

Poitras will return to the OHL next season and he will win a scoring championship.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday's Wrap

Gallagher 2 shots +2 , he was excellent shutting down Cornell 2-1 win

DiPietro pulled after 4 goals on 10 shots,they lost 7-3

Dyck 26 saves 4-3 loss and looks like Swift Current doesn't make the playoffs, maybe we see him in Providence later in the week

Brunet 1 assist 3 shots -3 5-4 loss

Mast 1 shot 5-2 loss

Edward beats Harrison 6-3
Edward 1 goal 1 shot +3
Harrison 1 goal 1 shot -1

Poitras 2 assists +2 7-3 win

Locmelis 1 goal 4 shots +1 3-1 win

I've got nothing new to report on Olson, McFaul or Kuntar other than I know Olson and Mcfaul aren't in the transfer portal

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Don Sweeney on the clock now, let's see if Lohrei can be playing in Providence by next weekend.

He’s at the game, hopefully he catches Lohrei walking out and signs him immediately and hands him a plane ticket.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Dom...I just purchased my tickets for the Sunday at home Guelph game April 9th...Section 104 row 11 seat 110!

Will be nice to watch two bruins going head to head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad