Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Watching Myrenberg right now and I can't understand why the Canucks let him go. I hope that it's not because he doesn't want to come to North America. He has got to be one of PJ's projects. He is great in his own zone and I think there is a lot of untapped offensive potential there. He can make plays. Unfortunately, the stats don't show that.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Another assist for Lohrei. 6-0

The assist on the 6th goal was absolute beast mode, with him taking it from deep in his zone and leading the rush.

Announcers were basically saying he could help Boston now. I thought it would take have a season in Providence next year, but now I think he is in the opening night roster

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
The assist on the 6th goal was absolute beast mode, with him taking it from deep in his zone and leading the rush.

Announcers were basically saying he could help Boston now. I thought it would take have a season in Providence next year, but now I think he is in the opening night roster
I’m on board with him being ready at any point next season honestly. That’d be a huge win.

Reactions: PastaBaked and Kegs

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Screenshot_20230324_184658_Chrome.jpg

Can we callup Poitras to help with the Bruins PP struggles?? 😔

In all seriousness...nice to know Poitras has a good chance to be part of a future PP unit

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Still mesmerized by these highlights. Glad he progressed(college hockey) in the last 2 seasons.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Watching Myrenberg right now and I can't understand why the Canucks let him go. I hope that it's not because he doesn't want to come to North America. He has got to be one of PJ's projects. He is great in his own zone and I think there is a lot of untapped offensive potential there. He can make plays. Unfortunately, the stats don't show that.
One hopes he is like Chris Tanev, or a few other defensemen, whose puck moving and passing skills translate better to the defensive end of the ice. How is his shot?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
One hopes he is like Chris Tanev, or a few other defensemen, whose puck moving and passing skills translate better to the defensive end of the ice. How is his shot?

Myrenberg's shot isn't overpowering, but it's accurate. But he has a very good wrister. What I like is that he can make subtle little moves to change the lane and create an opening for himself to get it through. He's more of a shoot with a purpose player than trying to beat a goaltender with it. And that's fine.

He's 6'3" and 200 pounds. I think he has a bit more bulk to add to his frame and with that hopefully more power to his shot.

I've watched as many of his games as I could since the trade. He looks to have enough of a skill set that he can play in the NHL, but the Allsvenskan is a tough league to judge sometimes. He turns 20 next month and will spend a year in the SHL and we'll see how he does there next season.

He attended the Canucks development camp last summer and according to his dad who I spoke too, he will be at Boston's camp this summer.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Poitras has more than doubled his ppg year over year. That's impressive for an offensive minded forward drafted in the second round. After nearly 20 years, could we finally have our Krejci replacement?
I think what I like about him is how good he is in tight through traffic and his ability to come away with the puck when opponents are being physical along the wall with him. It's really unbelievable how he comes away with the puck all the time. And he is so durable. He will take a big hit and just bounce right back up. I can recall two big hits on him this season (one by Jackson Edward) and I was left wondering how the hell he got up.

In two full seasons he has missed just 4 games and they were due to 2 X 2 game suspensions.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday Night Wrap

First we start Thursday as BU took out Western Michigan 5-1 ,Gallagher 1 shot +2, he was calm back there

On Friday it was the battle of the Mason's
Lorhei 1 goal 2 assists 4 shots +4
Langenbrunner -1
Lorhei was outstanding,the ESPN broadcast was a little over-the-top in their Lorhei praise but it was fun to listen to

Maine roars back from a 3-0 hole and wins 4-3
DiPietro the backup and old friend Alex Olivier Voyer scored his 18th and 19th goals

Brunet -2 7-1 loss

Dyck 30 saves 3-1 win ,Swift Current is 1 point out of the last playoff spot, win tonight and they're in

Harrison beats Edward 6-3
Harrison 1 assist 3 shots
Edward Zeros

Mast 1 shot -1 4-1 win

Poitras 3 assists 4 shots +2 3-0 win and NO STAR?

Myrenberg 2 shots 3-2 loss series tied 2-2

Locmelis 2 goals 2 assists +4 7-2 win series tied 1-1

Mantykivi 5 shots 16:41 TOI 4-1 win, they're up 3-1

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It looks like 2 of our prospects will have to go head-to-head in the opening round which is a shame because they are on the 4 best teams since trade deadline.

Harrison and Windsor a virtually guaranteed to meet Owen Sound.

Edward and London will face Poitras and Guelph or Kitchener

Sarnia will face whoever London doesn't face.

My question for @Saxon Eric is which one do we want in Providence?

OHL Standings.PNG

Friday Night Wrap

First we start Thursday as BU took out Western Michigan 5-1 ,Gallagher 1 shot +2, he was calm back there

On Friday it was the battle of the Mason's
Lorhei 1 goal 2 assists 4 shots +4
Langenbrunner -1
Lorhei was outstanding,the ESPN broadcast was a little over-the-top in their Lorhei praise but it was fun to listen to

Maine roars back from a 3-0 hole and wins 4-3
DiPietro the backup and old friend Alex Olivier Voyer scored his 18th and 19th goals

Brunet -2 7-1 loss

Dyck 30 saves 3-1 win ,Swift Current is 1 point out of the last playoff spot, win tonight and they're in

Harrison beats Edward 6-3
Harrison 1 assist 3 shots
Edward Zeros

Mast 1 shot -1 4-1 win

Poitras 3 assists 4 shots +2 3-0 win and NO STAR?

Myrenberg 2 shots 3-2 loss series tied 2-2

Locmelis 2 goals 2 assists +4 7-2 win series tied 1-1

Mantykivi 5 shots 16:41 TOI 4-1 win, they're up 3-1

Guelph said good-bye to their 3 overagers last night. They had 3 - first stars instead of 3 stars and they went to the three overagers. It's a regular thing in the OHL in the last home game of the season.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I think what I like about him is how good he is in tight through traffic and his ability to come away with the puck when opponents are being physical along the wall with him. It's really unbelievable how he comes away with the puck all the time. And he is so durable. He will take a big hit and just bounce right back up. I can recall two big hits on him this season (one by Jackson Edward) and I was left wondering how the hell he got up.

In two full seasons he has missed just 4 games and they were due to 2 X 2 game suspensions.

Great info. Definitely the Bergeron/Krejci mold by what you are describing. Long and uncertain road to get there, but at least the style is similar. That translates better to the NHL than the Ryan Spooner style of great skating but total perimeter play.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
It looks like 2 of our prospects will have to go head-to-head in the opening round which is a shame because they are on the 4 best teams since trade deadline.

Harrison and Windsor a virtually guaranteed to meet Owen Sound.

Edward and London will face Poitras and Guelph or Kitchener

Sarnia will face whoever London doesn't face.

My question for @Saxon Eric is which one do we want in Providence?

View attachment 675495

Guelph said good-bye to their 3 overagers last night. They had 3 - first stars instead of 3 stars and they went to the three overagers. It's a regular thing in the OHL in the last home game of the season.
I'd like Mast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad