Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Yeah I'm actually a little surprised he's not getting more time. He's made quite a few good defensive zone and forechecking plays so far, which is what usually keeps skilled offensive guys like him off the ice, but hasn't had any time to really play offense...though admittedly he's whiffed on a few plays where he probably would have had an opportunity to create some offense.

Can't blame him for the Too-Many-Men penalty though, shouldn't have been called at all. Very surprised he doesn't appear to be part of the power-play too.

His line was already on the ice, so someone from the bench jumped on too early or his line-mate was too slow getting off, not his fault. Funny play the Finns iced it and the keeper came out and threw the puck at him. At least give the 2 minutes to one of the slackers who caused the call. He got on the score sheet though, lol.

Canada looked bad all game, dee all trying to do too much and forwards were caught flat footed, no one played good. Such a boring game, imagine the Bruins worst games the last 2 years and this is what it was. Thank God I kept tabs on the Canada/Australia Olympic soccer game, none of those kids today can match Christine Sinclair's passion and skill.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
McAvoy and Lindgren look solid together. Charlie really pushes the pace when he's out there. Exactly the type of D that we need.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
McAvoy and Lindgren look solid together. Charlie really pushes the pace when he's out there. Exactly the type of D that we need.

Agreed, the US is rotating 7 D regularly but they seem to like that McAvoy/Lindgren pairing as they've been together a bunch already.

McAvoy laid a huge hit a few minutes ago that perked up the Detroit scouts in the stands, it definitely would have made B's fans everywhere happy.

McAvoy looks as advertised -- quick, great vision/breakout ability, solid in the offensive zone, but has had a few bad turnovers. He's actually starting to look a bit like Letang to me.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Agreed, the US is rotating 7 D regularly but they seem to like that McAvoy/Lindgren pairing as they've been together a bunch already.

McAvoy laid a huge hit a few minutes ago that perked up the Detroit scouts in the stands, it definitely would have made B's fans everywhere happy.

McAvoy looks as advertised -- quick, great vision/breakout ability, solid in the offensive zone, but has had a few bad turnovers. He's actually starting to look a bit like Letang to me.

Letang is a good comparison as he is more physical then I remembered, till I watched him in the playoffs. Man I would be happy with that. McAvoy is turning heads and on TSN, Button was gushing over him and liked Lindgren too.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Be nice if it were a package deal; Leach to Pro, Kathryn to between period host (hostess?) on NESN, her old job. Sorry Dale, but you've still got your radio gig.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I second everything being said.

McAvoy - Lindgren is going to be our Keith - Seabrook. They're just crazy good together. I like the Letang comparisons but I still see some PK Subban in McAvoy. The long legs and the guts to try plays... he's impressive. Has some of the biggest hits in the game but also several good breakouts and defensive plays. Lindgren too, moving well, making some good plays in his own right. Not as dynamic or flashy as McAvoy but the same take charge attitude. Love it!

OT: Steen has a lot of Marchand in him. He low bridged McAvoy n the corner. Pulled the helmet off Lindgren when he dropped him on a dump in. He's a real pia out there.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Again, very Subban-like. I think he put that exact same hit on Marchand a few years back.

I hope I see you at a few BU games this year to check out McAvoy and JFK and all those first rounders. Living and or working near Merrimack and U Mass Lowell will put them close by as well as not a far ride to the city,

McAvoy is giving the feel he can be special. Boston has a huge advantage as Matt Grzelcyk is there to give the skinny to Sweeney and the staff. Youngest player in hockey last year could be the best player on the best team this year.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I hope I see you at a few BU games this year to check out McAvoy and JFK and all those first rounders. Living and or working near Merrimack and U Mass Lowell will put them close by as well as not a far ride to the city,

McAvoy is giving the feel he can be special. Boston has a huge advantage as Matt Grzelcyk is there to give the skinny to Sweeney and the staff. Youngest player in hockey last year could be the best player on the best team this year.

Yeah, I've got season tix to BU this year so I'm looking forward to watching him, JFK and all the incoming drafted freshmen. Should be a fun year!

stanjon

Aug 3, 2005
BU Hockey

I love that David Quinn is telling talented 18 year old kids that they can come to BU and play. Its not quite Jack Parker in the 80's grabbing kids from CM or Medford High, but I like it better than the 20 year old freshmen garbage college hockey has become over the last 20+ years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I love that David Quinn is telling talented 18 year old kids that they can come to BU and play. Its not quite Jack Parker in the 80's grabbing kids from CM or Medford High, but I like it better than the 20 year old freshmen garbage college hockey has become over the last 20+ years.

I'm not a huge fan of 24 year olds playing college hockey, but to be fair, not every school has the cache to go out and grab a bunch of 18 year olds that are capable of playing at that level like BU does.

How many incoming 1st round picks did they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad