Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Senyshyn is not playing today they gave his number to Strome. Lauzon is #14 hard to carve out a spot in limited time with so many players. They need to stand out or get lost in the shuffle.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I'm not a huge fan of 24 year olds playing college hockey, but to be fair, not every school has the cache to go out and grab a bunch of 18 year olds that are capable of playing at that level like BU does.

How many incoming 1st round picks did they have?

This. I don't think it's a matter of telling 18 year olds they can come in and play, I think it's convincing the good ones to come there in there first place. Realistically, only the big schools (BU, BC, Denver, Michigan, etc...the legendary ones) have the ability to bring those types of kids in, otherwise they just go play CHL. For comparison, Lowell won back-to-back Hockey East championships and have been to 4 straight over teams like BU/BC/Providence and they still can't get drafted guys into the organization...hell Jack Eichel grew up 5 minutes away and still chose BU the year after Lowell's back-to-back championships.

Also, I have no idea if your question was rhetorical or not, but the answer is 3 (Bellows, Fabbro and Keller) along with a 2nd rounder (Krys) and a couple draft eligible guys (Oettinger projected 2017 first rounder)

For those interested in the WJC summer games, Canada/Sweden is on right now -- Lauzon is playing, Senyshyn is not, and I haven't seen Steen yet today. US/Finland is at 4, no idea on rosters yet but I'd guess all 3 Bruins guys will be in (McAvoy/Lindgren is practically their top pair, and since he didn't get in Wednesday, I think Frederic will draw in today).

Senyshyn is not playing today they gave his number to Strome. Lauzon is #14 hard to carve out a spot in limited time with so many players. They need to stand out or get lost in the shuffle.

Lauzon is #3, realistically he was a starter and they're evenly rotating all 7D, so not super worried about him...also good catch on Strome having 19, I didn't even think of that being Senyshyn's number from the other day. Have to imagine Senyshyn will have to change numbers now that Strome is here, right?

Last edited:

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
This. I don't think it's a matter of telling 18 year olds they can come in and play, I think it's convincing the good ones to come there in there first place. Realistically, only the big schools (BU, BC, Denver, Michigan, etc...the legendary ones) have the ability to bring those types of kids in, otherwise they just go play CHL. For comparison, Lowell won back-to-back Hockey East championships and have been to 4 straight over teams like BU/BC/Providence and they still can't get drafted guys into the organization...hell Jack Eichel grew up 5 minutes away and still chose BU the year after Lowell's back-to-back championships.

Also, I have no idea if your question was rhetorical or not, but the answer is 3 (Bellows, Fabbro and Keller) along with a 2nd rounder (Krys) and a couple draft eligible guys (Oettinger projected 2017 first rounder)

For those interested in the WJC summer games, Canada/Sweden is on right now -- Lauzon is playing, Senyshyn is not, and I haven't seen Steen yet today. US/Finland is at 4, no idea on rosters yet but I'd guess all 3 Bruins guys will be in (McAvoy/Lindgren is practically their top pair, and since he didn't get in Wednesday, I think Frederic will draw in today).

Lauzon is #3, realistically he was a starter and they're evenly rotating all 7D, so not super worried about him...also good catch on Strome having 19, I didn't even think of that being Senyshyn's number from the other day. Have to imagine Senyshyn will have to change numbers now that Strome is here, right?

I was just about to fix that, hard to tell during the game. The TSN crew are spending all game chit chatting instead of covering the game, driving me nuts. I got confused he is listed as the 14th player on the roster on the USA Hockey site. Just caught his name on the jersey with a lower number. Sweden does not have nameplates. Well marner looks small and he is doing nothing. Steen is playing #29 but he is not more then a 4th liner and small.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I was just about to fix that, hard to tell during the game. The TSN crew are spending all game chit chatting instead of covering the game, driving me nuts. I got confused he is listed as the 14th player on the roster on the USA Hockey site. Just caught his name on the jersey with a lower number. Sweden does not have nameplates. Well marner looks small and he is doing nothing. Steen is playing #29 but he is not more then a 4th liner and small.

Agreed, so much unnecessary talk / rambling during the games and not nearly enough play call...the only reason I even knew Lauzon's number was because I went and looked it up in the first because they didn't mention him once. I did hear them mention Steen a couple times towards the end of the second, but that was about it.

Also looks like I was wrong, only Frederic is playing for the US today. I will say it took exactly 1 shift to see why the B's liked him, his forechecking was excellent, I hope he keeps it up.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Agreed, so much unnecessary talk / rambling during the games and not nearly enough play call...the only reason I even knew Lauzon's number was because I went and looked it up in the first because they didn't mention him once. I did hear them mention Steen a couple times towards the end of the second, but that was about it.

Also looks like I was wrong, only Frederic is playing for the US today. I will say it took exactly 1 shift to see why the B's liked him, his forechecking was excellent, I hope he keeps it up.

Yup, finally get my first hand view of some of these guys. Frederic looks big and is using his size. USA passes the puck really well, very fluid no puck hogs, nice to watch. Funny on one site they had him as #18 but he is #28. What makes it worse is there is not enough close ups to see for yourself who is who. I like him as a pick and adding Backes his hero is going be great for him.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Thoughts on Frederic from today's game, though I'm by no means really qualified to judge anyone:

It was just one game, but I could definitely see both sides of people's arguments on Frederic. On the one hand, his hitting, forechecking and tenacity were noticeable. He was good at going out there and getting the puck, be it forcing a turnover or winning a one-on-one battle along the boards. He seemed to know what he was doing in the defensive zone, and his backcheck coverage looked good from what I could tell...his play in the neutral zone was solid as well.

On the other hand, people's knocks on him were warranted -- he had absolutely no offense. He was okay getting rid of the puck once he got it, but there were quite a few times he whiffed on plays that would have created some offense. I don't think he really got a single shot, nor did he seem to contribute in any way offensively other than hitting/forechecking. He was clearly playing as a 3rd liner, so he might have just been playing a specific role out there, but he definitely needs to up his offensive play if he wants to make the NHL. He did have a goal in his last game, and the US did struggle as a whole offensively today, so obviously take that review with a grain of salt in that it really was just one game.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Thoughts on Frederic from today's game, though I'm by no means really qualified to judge anyone:

It was just one game, but I could definitely see both sides of people's arguments on Frederic. On the one hand, his hitting, forechecking and tenacity were noticeable. He was good at going out there and getting the puck, be it forcing a turnover or winning a one-on-one battle along the boards. He seemed to know what he was doing in the defensive zone, and his backcheck coverage looked good from what I could tell...his play in the neutral zone was solid as well.

On the other hand, people's knocks on him were warranted -- he had absolutely no offense. He was okay getting rid of the puck once he got it, but there were quite a few times he whiffed on plays that would have created some offense. I don't think he really got a single shot, nor did he seem to contribute in any way offensively other than hitting/forechecking. He was clearly playing as a 3rd liner, so he might have just been playing a specific role out there, but he definitely needs to up his offensive play if he wants to make the NHL. He did have a goal in his last game, and the US did struggle as a whole offensively today, so obviously take that review with a grain of salt in that it really was just one game.

I was trying to notice him also...would've liked to see him win a draw or two. Although the US seemed to lose every draw all game long.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

Yeah of all the players we have to watch he is like watching Steen for any hi-lites. Actually Steen may through a marchand hip check in or a cross check. Frederic is a bigger Kelly basically, wait and see I guess. Third line checking center maybe as high as 2nd with some major development, meh. Julien would love him another Kemp pain in our eyes, worst case scenario.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

Yep. That drives me nuts too. They're trying to show how much they know. I worked with a guy like that once. Ask him a simple question and you get a complete history on the subject. So much BS that you don't even know if he answered your question.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Yep. That drives me nuts too. They're trying to show how much they know. I worked with a guy like that once. Ask him a simple question and you get a complete history on the subject. So much BS that you don't even know if he answered your question.

It makes it hard to follow our Bruin players and the numbers change per game on Canada. Sweden does not have name plates and not many close ups. I do not care who wins, this means nothing. I want to see our guys not listen to then rant about cottages. I cannot believe they actually missed one goal during the Sweden/USA game. Its like Drunk history.

We have 6 guys, so if we can share who is playing per game and what number. I am pretty sure Steen is # 29, he does not play much. Frederic was #28, Lindgren #5, McAvoy#23. Senyshyn was #19 then they gave it to Strome who was not better and Lauzon #3. If that is wrong please correct it and if we know who is playing today, that would be great too.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I was trying to notice him also...would've liked to see him win a draw or two. Although the US seemed to lose every draw all game long.

I saw part of second and he took one draw in defensive zone to goalies left and won it text book so he must have been pretty bad rest - going to be interesting to see what Granato and staff can do

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Rumor has it Jay Leach may be Kevin Dean's assistant in Providence.

I'm very happy with Whitfield and Leach joining Dean,imo the best staff on paper since Scott Gordon's group, now if they could only get out of the first round....

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My hope is Lauzon has already accomplished enough that his spot in the December camp is already locked up, and that is why he isn't playing tonight.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Lineup for tonights game are up.

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports

No surprise McAvoy and Lindgren will be there.
I had some hope for Lauzon, but none of the other 3 Bruins prospect are in.

Anyway, with our two US defensman + Girard, there's still enough thing to look at.

no Senyshyn today? After the last game no one was good on Canada other then Cirelli. Thats includes Strome, Dubois, Fabbro, Jost and Marner, they all were average. The number of 1st round picks in the tourney is 30, Canada has 18, no excuse for this so far.

Last edited:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
My hope is Lauzon has already accomplished enough that his spot in the December camp is already locked up, and that is why he isn't playing tonight.

Could be it, sadly I haven't seen enough of the previous two game to judge.He was ok the time I saw him, but hard to tell if his play bring him ahead of the pack enough to not even play the last game.

On a side note Senyshyn now will have to have a hell of an amazing year to receive an invite for the december camp.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
no Senyshyn today? After the last game no one was good on Canada other then Cirelli. Thats includes Strome, Dubois, Fabbro, Jost and Marner, they all were average. The number of 1st round picks in the tourney is 30, Canada has 18, no excuse for this so far.

Kinda agree, but even if those guys weren't good they still show things here and there, even if they can do better for sure.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

This has always been the case for Gord Miller of TSN....constant non-stop trivia throughout the game and doesn't do much pbp...it's extremely irritating

And Button doesn't stop either...his title is TSN, Director of Scouting....Lame:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad