Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/ncaa-preview-the-top-75-players-to-watch

Six B's prospects in the top 40, interesting comment on Frederic. I wonder if Fitzgerald signs with the B's or goes the FA route. Local kid but dad is Asst.GM with Pittsburgh.

6. Charlie McAvoy, BU (BOS) – Team USA’s top defenseman for this year’s world juniors will also be key for the Terriers.
7. Ryan Fitzgerald, BC (BOS) – Makes magic with Colin White. Expect Fitzgerald to put up big numbers, maybe even challenge for the Hobey Baker.
14. Trent Frederic, Wisconsin (BOS) – Excellent two-way center was dragged down unfairly by descriptions at draft. Badgers could have a David Backes on their hands.
31. Ryan Lindgren, Minnesota (BOS) – Character kid and two-way blueliner comes from a hockey family. Wants to be a leader.
34. Ryan Donato, Harvard (BOS) – The coach’s son has never needed special treatment; Ryan has dangerous hands and will get more looks with Jimmy Vesey gone.
40. Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Boston U (BOS) – Two-way center will play a big role as a sophomore on an offense studded with new recruits.
60. Cameron Clarke, Ferris State (BOS) – Converted forward brings nice vision and, obviously, offense, to the Bulldogs’ blueline.
66. Anders Bjork, Notre Dame (BOS) – Point-per-gamer as a sophomore also had nice world juniors for USA. Brings speed and grit to the lineup.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is the most interested to watch list for what it is worth.

Would think Bjork in particular would rank higher on a best players list, and Frederick lower

Agreed about Bjork. Hard to believe they have Clarke above him?

I liked how Frederic looked at DC, but I would have expected him to be lower than 14. I think by the time he leaves Wisconsin people will have a different perception about him and his all around game.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Lauzon named captain for Royun-Naranda

Looks like Chabot sticking with Sens. Bigger role for Zboril

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That strawman joke definitely never gets old.

Looking forward to hearing it every time Senyshyn scores a goal this year, too.

I want those two wingers drafted in the first round to be good for the Bruins, their families, me to terrorize HF Boards

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I think my favorite new annual tradition is seeing the same scouting experts who call the Bruins picks reaches then call them top ranked prospects just a few months later.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think my favorite new annual tradition is seeing the same scouting experts who call the Bruins picks reaches then call them top ranked prospects just a few months later.

Although I'm rightfully considered an elite Internet GM I would consider my scouting only very good not expert. I am also going to do this and make it a new tradition. Good idea.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Watched BU play the USNTDP team tonight.

JFK was really strong with 3 more assists and rock solid 3zone play.

McAvoy looks like a man among boys, even on his own team. He's so mobile and aggressive. If he were a forward he'd be compared to Ovechkin, he has that look like he's going to jump out of the gym, and he's an absolute rover on the PP. As a dman I like the Subban comparisons. Wants the puck, great hands, great vision.

That said, it looked like they were limiting McAvoy's ice tonight. Early in the game, he played the full 2mins of the PP, the first minute on his off-side, the second minute on his strong side as the lone QB at the top of the umbrella. When they got a big lead they gave that ice time to other guys.

I could see the hype with Fabbro. Very heady player, calm under pressure. Scored tonight. Also had a bad turnover on the PP that led to a shorty against but all-in-all he's going to be a good player. Not the athletic specimen McAvoy is, but smart and skilled nonetheless.

The US goalie, Cyr made some great saves and looks like a young Marty Brodeur with his puck moving abilities. Iced the puck himself on several PK's. Made breakout passes. Drew a forechecker towards him in the corner and then saucered a pass to the D in the opposite corner. 1 turnover out at the Nzone but his puck skills were impressive.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

McAvoy looks like a man among boys, even on his own team. He's so mobile and aggressive. If he were a forward he'd be compared to Ovechkin, he has that look like he's going to jump out of the gym, and he's an absolute rover on the PP. As a dman I like the Subban comparisons. Wants the puck, great hands, great vision.

That said, it looked like they were limiting McAvoy's ice tonight. Early in the game, he played the full 2mins of the PP, the first minute on his off-side, the second minute on his strong side as the lone QB at the top of the umbrella. When they got a big lead they gave that ice time to other guys.

I could see the hype with Fabbro. Very heady player, calm under pressure. Scored tonight. Also had a bad turnover on the PP that led to a shorty against but all-in-all he's going to be a good player. Not the athletic specimen McAvoy is, but smart and skilled nonetheless.

The US goalie, Cyr made some great saves and looks like a young Marty Brodeur with his puck moving abilities. Iced the puck himself on several PK's. Made breakout passes. Drew a forechecker towards him in the corner and then saucered a pass to the D in the opposite corner. 1 turnover out at the Nzone but his puck skills were impressive.

I'm all in on the McAvoy train. Do you like the Doughty comparisons? Could we see him next year?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He's a guy I jump up and down for at every development camp but nobody seems to notice.

I think he's a lock to make it to the NHL, with #3 potential.

I'm not quite as high on him as you are, but I thought he looked very good at DC. His problem, like a lot of young players, seems to be consistency. If he can play the way he did in the playoffs all the time, he would be a nice surprise.

Even though he was a 7th round pick, a couple of scouting services had him as a 3rd/4th round pick, and Craig Button had him ranked 60th in his Top 100 heading into the draft.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

This is an interesting comparison...I like!:nod:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He's a guy I jump up and down for at every development camp but nobody seems to notice.

What type of player is he? Would say a Niklas Hjalmarsson be a comparable in terms of his skill-set and style?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Let's hope so. As I documented this summer his play (and reports of his play) have been all over the place from Sweden, stretches where he looks like the best guy on the ice for a few weeks, and then long stretches where he looks like the worst guy on the ice. (yes I know he is young, but he takes inconsistency to a new level)

It would be nice to hear about him having a strong consistent season in the SEL

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What type of player is he? Would say a Niklas Hjalmarsson be a comparable in terms of his skill-set and style?

No.

He's more of a PMD. Ok size, but can really skate. I believe when he was drafted Kirk said he was a tools guy, but fell because of the toolbox. Bill can probably give you more detail on him.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
soon "haggs" will pick it up and run with it.

"that mcavoy kid could be the next ovechkin"...

thanks for the update, bill.

Yah that was really good

McAvoy has some cowboy to him like Doughty which I personally love but as he showed in WJC he can put a lid on it

JFK and Heinen at some point are going to get matched up and Claude is going to think he died and went to heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad