Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
PP goal for Frederic has Wisconsin up late in the 3rd on Northern Michigan.

Jesse Gabrielle's got a goal early on, but Prince George trails Vancouver 4-3 at the end of the first(!!!) period of play.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
that's pretty high praise for a guy who's basically a development camp warrior. i'll go on record saying he's either a bottom pairing nobody or never plays in the NHL. of course where he was picked, doesn't matter if he busts...if he makes it as a #6, that's a big win.

Hold me to it.

Fwiw, I don't think he's "just" a development camp warrior. I think he's been 18/19 playing in a pro league. Big playoff last year, now he's playing big minutes, and still just 20.

others may disagree, but i'm not too high on fitzgerald as a pro player. feel like he'll be one of those tweeners.

I agree. He's got a Griffith quality about him. Really smart, but no stand-out skill. He's not that fast, he's not that big, he's not that strong... they just don't jump off the page. Maybe with expansion they'll find spots.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Love Bjork. He was right there with Heinen at development camp. Slick, fast. Reeaaaally hope he doesn't go UFA.

Is Bjork primarily a left winger? It might come down to a numbers game and he and his agent might look at the long list of prospects/pros ahead of him on the depth chart and elect to go elsewhere.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Why am I being singled out? This whole page is people updating the stats from today's games from prospects?

Your a good evaluator I told you that before

I went last night sit behind goal judge and isolate on OGara and don't see his stride like you do. I watch Senyshyn same live and don't see what you see. I coached and watched my kids for years and thought I was pretty good at evaluation but there are always better. As you said you got me on Knight and lead 1-0 so if you go by track record I will defer to you because you are paying attention and maybe have that innate ability. I watched Sobotka and Marchand many times in the AHL and ended up having their NHL career production backwards

Senyshyn ends up a bust you da man. I watch him like he was my kid looking to criticize any area that looked weak and as I was taught early on 'you learn most from their play away or without the puck' and I like what ZS showed

You may have that eye I don't or maybe I just see what I want to see in Senyshyn and OGara - I try and separate personal feelings but subconsciously maybe I'm being influenced

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It probably pisses people off to see Lauzon as the "C" ;)

good NHL size
Plus skater
Plus plus compete
Plus character
Physical crease clearer - stick/body as John Lennon would say 'whatever gets you through the night' Lauzon approach to unwanted forwards near the front of the net

Needs Reps situations experiences....looks like a really good second pair/leader character guy on a strong team

I drafted him in the SIM last year and was ecstatic day 2 when Bruins drafted him

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure if it's anywhere but lauzon is wearing the C in the Q, 1 goal 1 assist tonight.

Senyshyn 0 points -3

Senyshyn was on ice for EN goal so as George Bush would say it's kinda sorta fuzzy math

Basically -2 to me 3 shots 4 pim

Not a bust yet

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
soon but not yet:sarcasm:

I'm on the Senyshyn train but my favorite prospect in that draft was Konecney so it was great to sit by the glass and watch him like a hawk.

I'm in love. I know he's not ours but I am a fan of that game. Flyers are building a nice team

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I watch him like he was my kid

This is a problem all of us suffer with from time to time, because we don't always pick up on the faults of our kids.

Trying to look at it without any Bruins' bias is also a problem.

I always ask myself one question with Bruins' prospects: If he was a Hab, would I be worried?

He's not a guy I want on the ice for them in a game seven overtime.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This is a problem all of us suffer with from time to time, because we don't always pick up on the faults of our kids.

Trying to look at it without any Bruins' bias is also a problem.

I always ask myself one question with Bruins' prospects: If he was a Hab, would I be worried?

He's not a guy I want on the ice for them in a game seven overtime.

Yes

I ask you and others in and around the game, friends I respect on this just to make sure:laugh:

It's why when I watched him live I really didn't care about his shot I wanted to see if he was a blinder wearing rod hockey player or a guy making good decisions albeit simple ones and finding good areas on the ice

Heinen last night was amazing at this - I'm thinking Krejci was his center he might have had 3 A+ chances

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm on the Senyshyn train but my favorite prospect in that draft was Konecney so it was great to sit by the glass and watch him like a hawk.

I'm in love. I know he's not ours but I am a fan of that game. Flyers are building a nice team

DK I'm on the Seny train as well please don't jinxKnight him....lmao (just kidding).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is Bjork primarily a left winger? It might come down to a numbers game and he and his agent might look at the long list of prospects/pros ahead of him on the depth chart and elect to go elsewhere.

I believe Bjork can play the off wing? I could be wrong, but I thought he did it in the WJC's last year with the injuries and him getting moved up a line?

The other thing about Bjork is that he's a true junior (not like Benning) and does not have the NCAA out clause from playing an extra year in a junior league. B's will have exclusive rights after the college season and I expect them to make every effort to sign him.

I like Fitz, but not as much as Bjork, and I wouldn't be surprised if he went the FA route. Although, for as bad a rap as Clode gets, under Sweeney, the young guys (Vatrano, Acciari, Heinen, Czarnik) seem to be getting legit shots at playing, which could factor into his decision making.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I hear ya, probably don`t remember but last year I was yakking on and on about a man crush I developed on the kid when I returned home to Ottawa for a visit with the family.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Notre Dame's RW1 to open the year with the Edina guys: Malmquist-Hurley-Bjork.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Your a good evaluator I told you that before

I went last night sit behind goal judge and isolate on OGara and don't see his stride like you do. I watch Senyshyn same live and don't see what you see. I coached and watched my kids for years and thought I was pretty good at evaluation but there are always better. As you said you got me on Knight and lead 1-0 so if you go by track record I will defer to you because you are paying attention and maybe have that innate ability. I watched Sobotka and Marchand many times in the AHL and ended up having their NHL career production backwards

Senyshyn ends up a bust you da man. I watch him like he was my kid looking to criticize any area that looked weak and as I was taught early on 'you learn most from their play away or without the puck' and I like what ZS showed

You may have that eye I don't or maybe I just see what I want to see in Senyshyn and OGara - I try and separate personal feelings but subconsciously maybe I'm being influenced

O'garas stride is definitely choppy. Not sure how it impacts his actual skating but when he's moving I feel like he should be going faster because of it. Reminds me of my stride actually.

And play-away-from-puck is important to determine a players overall game and positioning, but play WITH the puck determines whether or not they'll be in the NHL. They can always be in the right position but if they can't handle the puck, pass the puck, or shoot the puck, hound the puck, they won't make it. That's why i get so angry when people say senyshyn had a good game because he made smart dump ins. Smart dump ins are so insignificant to a players NHL prospects compared to the ability to score goals and skate the puck and pass. I would have wanted him to show what he could do, it's preseason and he was getting sent down anyway. Take a chance to wow your team. Don't jus dump and change.

-2, -3 whatever. Tough game for senyshyn last night

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
O'garas stride is definitely choppy. Not sure how it impacts his actual skating but when he's moving I feel like he should be going faster because of it. Reminds me of my stride actually.

And play-away-from-puck is important to determine a players overall game and positioning, but play WITH the puck determines whether or not they'll be in the NHL. They can always be in the right position but if they can't handle the puck, pass the puck, or shoot the puck, hound the puck, they won't make it. That's why i get so angry when people say senyshyn had a good game because he made smart dump ins. Smart dump ins are so insignificant to a players NHL prospects compared to the ability to score goals and skate the puck and pass. I would have wanted him to show what he could do, it's preseason and he was getting sent down anyway. Take a chance to wow your team. Don't jus dump and change.

The thing is in the Bruins system dumping it in is what they want you to do. Go outside that box and loose the puck and you are a hot dog, risky player Pasta lives with this stigma because he actually carries it. Sometimes you can't win or show what you can do depending on the system. Leaf fans rave about Reilly but I watch the games too and he is a good river boat gambler. They ignore all the giveaways and see only the one rush were he sets up a goal. A lot like the Subban's style. Right or wrong we do not know what they were saying in the room. Play it smart show you are not a liability, stay away from mistakes. In the Pens system he may be told to go out and skate and carry it a lot. Bruins, Kings and other dee first teams frown on that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

If you watch Seguin's stride, he is very staccato and choppy...doesn't seem to hurt his speed too much :laugh: Think it all depends on the player, but I think O'Gara will be fine.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
DK I'm on the Seny train as well please don't jinxKnight him....lmao (just kidding).

I don't want to make excuses for Knight or tull tales out of school but I know he had multiple concussions his final year that put him out of part of the OHL playoffs he comes back likely still dinged gets in a fight with Rychel and gets a high ankle sprain and then another concussion. I was in London at my friends house and he played and his GS is in OHL now. Water under bridge - I hope Ferlin is ok because I watched him when he came back and this camp and he looks off like Knight did - and Eriksson, Bergeron, Savard, Camera and many others

If Czarnik got a concussion I'm worried because quick thinking and reaction is his game without it he's screwed- I've seen my kids friends get them in hockey and soccer and it's bad they have come back and our shells of themselves on ice or field even months later due to protocol

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't want to make excuses for Knight or tull tales out of school but I know he had multiple concussions his final year that put him out of part of the OHL playoffs he comes back likely still dinged gets in a fight with Rychel and gets a high ankle sprain and then another concussion. I was in London at my friends house and he played and his GS is in OHL now. Water under bridge - I hope Ferlin is ok because I watched him when he came back and this camp and he looks off like Knight did - and Eriksson, Bergeron, Savard, Camera and many others

If Czarnik got a concussion I'm worried because quick thinking and reaction is his game without it he's screwed- I've seen my kids friends get them in hockey and soccer and it's bad they have come back and our shells of themselves on ice or field even months later due to protocol

Yet after a bad concussion you don't believe it has had any impact on McQuaid. :shakehead

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

Notre Dame's RW1 to open the year with the Edina guys: Malmquist-Hurley-Bjork.

Reminds me a bit of Reilly Smith. Maybe faster, but creative and smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad