Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't want to make excuses for Knight or tull tales out of school but I know he had multiple concussions his final year that put him out of part of the OHL playoffs he comes back likely still dinged gets in a fight with Rychel and gets a high ankle sprain and then another concussion. I was in London at my friends house and he played and his GS is in OHL now. Water under bridge - I hope Ferlin is ok because I watched him when he came back and this camp and he looks off like Knight did - and Eriksson, Bergeron, Savard, Camera and many others

If Czarnik got a concussion I'm worried because quick thinking and reaction is his game without it he's screwed- I've seen my kids friends get them in hockey and soccer and it's bad they have come back and our shells of themselves on ice or field even months later due to protocol

Speaking of Knight, he and another former OHLer, Ryan Martindale are leading the Esbjerg Energy (Danish Metal Ligaen) in scoring (4 pts in 5 games).

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Knew it was going to be a quieter year watching Bruin prospects in the WHL but didn't really sink in till this past week. Just a pair of games, but they were exciting to watch, as Bruins prospect Jesse Gabrielle made his 2016-17 Junior Hockey debut. Last year he led a very young team that barely made the playoffs, but this year he is leading a much more veteran cast with higher expectations and neither he nor his team dissapointed.

Gabrielle made an immediate impact, showing his shot is even better this year than last year (scary thought for WHL goalies). Not just flexing his elite hockey IQ, but showing off the skills to execute as well, both as a shooter and playmaker.

In game one, with his team down 2-0, he put them on his back, setting up the first goal, then tying the game and scoring the winner en route to first star honours.

The first goal in the comeback came off a rebound of his shot that Kubic couldn't handle. Then he tied the game on sensational one timer (1:08 of the hi-lights) , contorting his body on a pass that was in front of him with a lightning release. Then he notches the game winner off a Hurculean effort short-handed, (remember, he led the WHL in short-handed goals last year), strips Tyler Benson of the puck and uses his explosive first strides to create separation, and streak down the wing, putting a bullet on Kubic, (1:51 of the hi-lights) the rebound squirts all the way out past top of right circle to a team mate who gives it right back to him in the high slot and he shovels it home.

Game 1 Hi-lights;
http://pgcougars.com/video/highlights-cougars-5-giants-2-oct-7

In game two he once again ties the game for his team (1:03 of hi-lights) with a slap-shot from the very high slot that he gets off with power on just half a backswing and once again times the pass perect, so no catch and release is required. He sets up the winner as well (2:45 of hi-lights) off a sick play. He just knows where everyone on the ice is at all times, so when the defender takes away his shooting lane here he simply finds a streaking team mate cutting towards the net and then executes an amazing saucer pass right over his stick and right on the tape for an easy re-direct home.

Game 2 hi-lights
http://pgcougars.com/video/highlights-cougars-5-giants-4

So a pretty decent weekend, spear-heading 2 comebacks, with 3 goals and a pair of assists in two games, including clutch game tie-ing goals in both games, the game winner on Friday and a beautiful setup of the game winner on Saturday. Scary to see his shot at a whole new level, needing no time at all to get it off with both power and accuracy. And once again, he does it with passion and energy, electrifying the home crowd in the process. And of course, all the while he's in the face and in the ears of the opponents.

The two big wins keep his Cougars 8-0 and now #1 ranked in the entire CHL. He should have no trouble repeating as the Bruins highest scoring amateur prospect again this season, but this could be a special year for him and his Cougars. If he puts in a full season of what he did this weekend, he'll lead more than just the Bruins prospects.

Last edited:

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Knew it was going to be a quieter year watching Bruin prospects in the WHL but didn't really sink in till this past week. Just a pair of games, but they were exciting to watch, as Bruins prospect Jesse Gabrielle made his 2016-17 Junior Hockey debut. Last year he led a very young team that barely made the playoffs, but this year he is leading a much more veteran cast with higher expectations and neither he nor his team dissapointed.

Gabrielle made an immediate impact, showing his shot is even better this year than last year (scary thought for WHL goalies). Not just flexing his elite hockey IQ, but showing off the skills to execute as well, both as a shooter and playmaker.

In game one, with his team down 2-0, he put them on his back, setting up the first goal, then tying the game and scoring the winner en route to first star honours.

The first goal in the comeback came off a rebound of his shot that Kubic couldn't handle. Then he tied the game on sensational one timer (1:08 of the hi-lights) , contorting his body on a pass that was in front of him with a lightning release. Then he notches the game winner off a Hurculean effort short-handed, (remember, he led the WHL in short-handed goals last year), strips Tyler Benson of the puck and uses his explosive first strides to create separation, and streak down the wing, putting a bullet on Kubic, (1:51 of the hi-lights) the rebound squirts all the way out past top of right circle to a team mate who gives it right back to him in the high slot and he shovels it home.

Game 1 Hi-lights;

In game two he once again ties the game for his team (1:03 of hi-lights) with a slap-shot from the very high slot that he gets off with power on just half a backswing and once again times the pass perect, so no catch and release is required. He sets up the winner as well (2:45 of hi-lights) off a sick play. He just knows where everyone on the ice is at all times, so when the defender takes away his shooting lane here he simply finds a streaking team mate cutting towards the net and then executes an amazing saucer pass right over his stick and right on the tape for an easy re-direct home.

Game 2 hi-lights

So a pretty decent weekend, spear-heading 2 comebacks, with 3 goals and a pair of assists in two games, including clutch game tie-ing goals in both games, the game winner on Friday and a beautiful setup of the game winner on Saturday. Scary to see his shot at a whole new level, needing no time at all to get it off with both power and accuracy. And once again, he does it with passion and energy, electrifying the home crowd in the process. And of course, all the while he's in the face and in the ears of the opponents.

The two big wins keep his Cougars 8-0 and now #1 ranked in the entire CHL. He should have no trouble repeating as the Bruins highest scoring amateur prospect again this season, but this could be a special year for him and his Cougars. If he puts in a full season of what he did this weekend, he'll lead more than just the Bruins prospects.

Posts like these are a huge reason why I visit this site regularly. Thanks! :handclap:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Game 1 Hi-lights;

Game 2 hi-lights

I was at the game he played in Boston and although he didn't stick out he didn't look out of place either. I was surprised by his size at TC - he's compared to Marchand but he's noticibly bigger

Thanks for the updates on him

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
So after this week end:

McAvoy Pj1 G0 A1 Pts1 +1 NCAA
Frederic Pj2 G1 A1 Pts2 0 NCAA
Lindgren Pj2 G0 A0 Pts0 +3 NCAA
Koppanen Pj11 G7 A9 Pts16 +5 Jr A
Clarke Pj3 G0 A0 Pts0 -3 NCAA
Steen Pj6 G1 A0 Pts1 0 SHL
Zboril Pj3 G1 A3 Pts4 +3 CHL
Senyshyn Pj2 G0 A0 Pts0 -4 CHL
JFK Pj1 G1 A0 Pts1 +2 NCAA
Lauzon Pj2 G1 A2 Pts3 +1 CHL
Gabrielle Pj2 G3 A2 Pts5 0 CHL
Hugues Pj2 G0 A2 Pts2 -3 NCAA
Becker Pj5 G1 A0 Pts1 -4 USHL
Bjork Pj2 G4 A3 Pts7 +2 NCAA
Johanssen Pj6 G0 A2 Pts2 -3 SHL
Fitzgerald Pj2 G0 A1 Pts1 +1 NCAA

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
So after this week end:

McAvoy Pj1 G0 A1 Pts1 +1 NCAA
Frederic Pj2 G1 A1 Pts2 0 NCAA
Lindgren Pj2 G0 A0 Pts0 +3 NCAA
Koppanen Pj11 G7 A9 Pts16 +5 Jr A
Clarke Pj3 G0 A0 Pts0 -3 NCAA
Steen Pj6 G1 A0 Pts1 0 SHL
Zboril Pj3 G1 A3 Pts4 +3 CHL
Senyshyn Pj2 G0 A0 Pts0 -4 CHL
JFK Pj1 G1 A0 Pts1 +2 NCAA
Lauzon Pj2 G1 A2 Pts3 +1 CHL
Gabrielle Pj2 G3 A2 Pts5 0 CHL
Hugues Pj2 G0 A2 Pts2 -3 NCAA
Becker Pj5 G1 A0 Pts1 -4 USHL
Bjork Pj2 G4 A3 Pts7 +2 NCAA
Johanssen Pj6 G0 A2 Pts2 -3 SHL
Fitzgerald Pj2 G0 A1 Pts1 +1 NCAA

Thank you for posting. Bjork and Koppanen!!! :handclap: Very Early for Seny however his team is supposed to make noise this year.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Koppanen Pj11 G7 A9 Pts16 +5 Jr A, kid is 6'5". They need to get him to a higher level and challenge him. He may well have a higher ceiling then just a reach in the draft. Good stats on Bjork, I thought he played a real buzz saw type of game and Gabrielle is another I hope can transition to pro nest year in the AHL.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
To pump the brakes a bit on Koppanen, he's playing in a U20 junior league so he probably should be putting big numbers after being drafted. That said, it's still positive development for a 5th round pick. Nice to see him almost reaching his last season's goal total already.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To pump the brakes a bit on Koppanen, he's playing in a U20 junior league so he probably should be putting big numbers after being drafted. That said, it's still positive development for a 5th round pick. Nice to see him almost reaching his last season's goal total already.

Agreed, very positive sign for the kid. The most you can ask from a kid at this point is to get better, and it seems he has.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

No need for brakes yet, the car is not even on the HWY. I checked his stats out and what league he played in to get those pts. That's why I said they need to challenge him with that size and see what he has. Best idea would be to get him to NA and get him in a Junior league for now. I imagine he is a man among boys there.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Just a guess at Friday's lines. Not an ideal lineup but I hope to be surprised.

DeBrusk-Cave-Mueller (assuming he signs)
Hargrove-Kuraly-Randell
Blidh-Naclerio-Hickman
Rinaldo-Bakker-Simpson
White

inj: Cehlarik

Arnesson-Cross
Casto-Roach
Grzelcyk-Grant

inj: Breen

Edit: Actual lines, per Mark Divver...not sure why Hargrove is out.

DeBrusk-Cave-Mueller
Rinaldo-Szwarz-Simpson
Blidh-Kuraly-Hickman
White-Naclerio-Randell

Cross-Casto
Grzelcyk-Grant
Bartkowski-Arnesson

Last edited:

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Just a guess at Friday's lines. Not an ideal lineup but I hope to be surprised.

DeBrusk-Cave-Mueller (assuming he signs)
Hargrove-Kuraly-Randell
Blidh-Naclerio-Hickman
Rinaldo-Bakker-Simpson
White

inj: Cehlarik

Arnesson-Cross
Casto-Roach
Grzelcyk-Grant

inj: Breen

Ouch.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Koko...

GP 9 G 3 A 4 PTS 7 +/- 7

Doesn't the khl play on big ice? That kind of fits kokos style more so than NHL rinks. He has more time and space in the khl to use his plus vision, creativity. In the nhl he had no time and space to do anything. He's at his best with the puck on his stick and he couldn't keep it there very long when the game sped up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad