Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
The prospects who played tonight aren't anywhere near making the team.

Grizz and Gabrielle are keepers but they need to seriously add some muscle. Too small for the AHL. Lower immediate expectations on both and take a look in 2 years if/when they get stronger. Good instincts but they are both far away. Grizz had a flawless game too but hes just not close hes not stout and stocky like Krug.

Lauzen was brutal. Will be terrible if he plays in Providence this year. He needs to go back to JR and get traded to an OHL or WHL team. Noone will want to believe me but hes extremely far away. Good frame no need to get rid though you can part with him in a trade and not think twice. Jus not even close and he will be bad in Providence this year.

Senny...yikes. WTF did anyone see? No accelleration at all in his skating. He looks like he is 12 though so its OK to be patient. But the kid wouldn't be playing on BU or BC's top lines this year if he was in college. Really really far away.

Czarnik was at least good enough that I think he will help the Providence Bruins. Not much from anyone else I guess its good Arnesson was anonymous thats kind of the book on him is quiet and effective.

He had his appendix taken out two weeks ago, do you really expect him to be flying around the ice?

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Grizz and Gabrielle are keepers but they need to seriously add some muscle. Too small for the AHL. Lower immediate expectations on both and take a look in 2 years if/when they get stronger. Good instincts but they are both far away. Grizz had a flawless game too but hes just not close hes not stout and stocky like Krug..

I agree with you on Gabrielle that he is 2 years away. heck, the kid was in high school 3 months ago (played in the American Hockey League while he was in high school), but I'm not sure what you mean about size. He is just over 6' tall and 205 pounds. Set 3 NHL combine recors. One in strength. One in stamina. One in power. I don't think you want too much more muscle on him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Grizz and Gabrielle are keepers but they need to seriously add some muscle. Too small for the AHL. Lower immediate expectations on both and take a look in 2 years if/when they get stronger. Good instincts but they are both far away. Grizz had a flawless game too but hes just not close hes not stout and stocky like Krug.

Lauzen was brutal. Will be terrible if he plays in Providence this year. He needs to go back to JR and get traded to an OHL or WHL team. Noone will want to believe me but hes extremely far away. Good frame no need to get rid though you can part with him in a trade and not think twice. Jus not even close and he will be bad in Providence this year.

Senny...yikes. WTF did anyone see? No accelleration at all in his skating. He looks like he is 12 though so its OK to be patient. But the kid wouldn't be playing on BU or BC's top lines this year if he was in college. Really really far away.

Czarnik was at least good enough that I think he will help the Providence Bruins. Not much from anyone else I guess its good Arnesson was anonymous thats kind of the book on him is quiet and effective.

Kid had mono then appendectomy surgery what? 2 weeks ago, for this fan, pleasantly surprised he`s playing this quickly. If he had all summer to work out, arrived healthy and ready to go, then I`d perhaps take your post more seriously

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Really? I thought Senyshyn looked great out there. He's got a big frame, skated like the wind and made some good things happen. Are you expecting him to dominate?

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Kid had mono then appendectomy surgery what? 2 weeks ago, for this fan, pleasantly surprised he`s playing this quickly. If he had all summer to work out, arrived healthy and ready to go, then I`d perhaps take your post more seriously

:laugh::handclap:

Reacting like this :scared: after a bunch of 19 year olds got it handed to them in the second preseason game is not advisable.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Two weeks out from appendectomy is not unreasonable. The surgery is not invasive the way it used to be. Appendix is removed with three small incisions and done robotically. Minimum recovery time.

The mono, however, could still be lingering, but he seemed to have some jump in his stride.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I like this

Agree I'm with you

Senyshyn has no jump and I'm not sure if he could make Salem State or College

Lauzon looks short - did he shrink

I want Hamhuis!!!!! I'd give up all the prospects for him all !!!!

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Two weeks out from appendectomy is not unreasonable. The surgery is not invasive the way it used to be. Appendix is removed with three small incisions and done robotically. Minimum recovery time.

The mono, however, could still be lingering, but he seemed to have some jump in his stride.

Yeah Roethlisberger played QB in an NFL game less than 2 weeks after his appendectomy, and my understanding is his was pretty much an emergency case

But the Mono combined with the appendectomy probably means he trained very little this summer, and is no where close to 100% physically

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

No clue about this.

Lets hope he has a decent game before he goes back to Windsor and a good camp next year.:yo:

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Lauzen also coming off a bad injury.
Everyone needs to be patient.
This is an evaluation process, so management can understand where each player is at for development.
To expect any player under 20 to "dominate" and make our team this year is not realistic.
We lucked out with Pasty and there are no more McDavids / Eichel's / Matthew's out there.
I liked what I saw from all prospects, think that Czarnik and Carlo are the two closest to making the team so far.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Kuraly play so well, has a good skating stride and will get a longer look.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
:laugh::handclap:

Reacting like this :scared: after a bunch of 19 year olds got it handed to them in the second preseason game is not advisable.

c`mon Mike really, can`t start laying the tag of 'draft bust' on these kids yet? 120 mins of pre-season hockey preceded by 2-3 days of camp is plenty for me to assess:sarcasm:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins coaches: Czarnik a ‘Belichick-type hockey player’
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-coaches-czarnik-belichick-type-hockey-player

“As far as being a player goes, he would be, to me, that [Bill] Belichick-type player that you could use in a lot of different situations,†said Cassidy, in clear reference to intelligent utility guys Troy Brown, Danny Woodhead, Julian Edelman and others that all filled different roles in their time with New England.

“He’s got a very, very high IQ, he’s a quick learner and very coachable,†Cassidy said. “So, he’s a guy you can move around, and he can play with different players. He can play on the penalty kill, he’s good on the power play and especially on the point.

“So there are a lot of different things. I think from night-to-night if you wanted to, you could move him around in your lineup and he could be effective for you. I know he’s a center, but it would be interesting to see if he could play the wing and be effective. That’s something we haven’t really seen. Is that something we maybe attempt down the road? I don’t know. I don’t want to speak out of turn, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he could handle it. He even played for us 6-on-5 as a defenseman with the goalie out. He’s just a smart player,and he understands the game very, very well.â€

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
With injury in his past, Malcolm Subban is looking toward future
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/injury-his-past-malcolm-subban-looking-toward-future

BOSTON – It’s not really ever a banner day for any red-blooded, red-light hating goalie when he surrenders four goals in a game.

But perhaps that bottom line is softened a little bit considering when it’s also the first game of the preseason. It may also be drastically mitigated by the fact, in this case, that it was the first time Malcolm Subban guarded the space between the pipes since taking a puck to the throat that fractured his larynx last February.

That traumatic injury left Subban unable to speak for days and gasping for air while being rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.

It was a tiny victory simply for the Bruins goalie prospect to be back on the ice at all and a much bigger one once Subban had made 31 saves while largely under siege in a 5-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings at TD Garden on Wednesday night.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
i like comparisons - i know some folks aren't into it...but debrusk reminds me a little of chris kunitz.

I can see that. DeBrusk needs to just get a bit bigger and stronger through normal maturation, get experience at the AHL pace which is faster than the CHL and be ready for the final level. He's got plus plus hands to use a baseball term describing a trait, and his compete level is there. He has the offensive mindset. I read somewhere about the Ferraro comparison but I don't see it in the offensive zone- this guy is looking to make things happen the second he crosses the offensive zone or his team gets possession.

I do think the AHL will do wonders for him in the long run.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
i like comparisons - i know some folks aren't into it...but debrusk reminds me a little of chris kunitz.

I was actually thinking Michael Ryder. Good first stride, works hard, isn't afraid of the dirty areas but can find the seam in the defence, nice release, and responsible defensively.
I mean that as a compliment.

From what I've seen I'm actually more excited about DeBrusk (and Zboril) than most anyone. Both have a lot of skill and are learning to play what I consider an NHL style game.

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Jack Becker is spending another season in the USHL and is scheduled to attend Univ of Wisconsin next year as 20 year old freshmen. Not surprising considering he only managed 22 points in 58 games in the USHL last year. He is scoreless through 3 games this season. It would have been interesting to have 3 prospects on one team but looking like there is just not much to see here. Still like the kind of pick philosophically for the 7th round...6'3 190 lb HS kid who is scheduled to go to a major program but has limited exposure outside of HS hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad