Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
He needs to fire his agent. Why would he go to a powerhouse team in russia and play the same kind of minutes he had here. Should have gone to another team or country.

SKA St. Petersburg owns his rights. He would have to report there if he is playing in the KHL. Perhaps his agent is working on a trade

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Koko update - only 3 games played KHL. It appears he's sitting. Perhaps my expectations and hopes were to high for Koko. My turn to eat crow.:laugh: Oh well hope he can turn his career around. That's it for me and Koko updates. Time to move on.

Scored his first two goals today in his teams win. Per Mark Divver

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Koko was very good in Providence st times outstanding. I like his game and I hope he's still Boston property when Claude's gone. I am putting this on Claude.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Koko was very good in Providence st times outstanding. I like his game and I hope he's still Boston property when Claude's gone. I am putting this on Claude. He had know use for him because it would be at the price of Kelly or Campbell

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Didn't Gabrielle go after Barzal also

He did. It stemmed from a nasty check from behind into the boards by Keegan Kolesar on Cougars captain San Ruopp during the playoffs last year. The hit knocked Ruopp out for the season, and for some reason went unpunished from the game officials. Kolesar declined several offers to fight from the Cougar players, including Gabrielle, who then decided to settle the score by going after the Thunderbird captain. Gabrielle got a one game suspension for going after Barzal. Barzal got a 2 minute slashing penalty for twice swinging his stick at Gabrielle's head and Kolesar got a pat on the back for his check from behind.

As it turned out, there wasn't much season left for Ruopp to miss, but it was a big loss at the time, being the first period of game 3 in what had been a pretty tightly contested series through the first 2 games (OT loss on the road in game 1). The Cougars were already missing another key defenseman (Anderson) and after losing Ruopp gave up some easy goals in game 3. Late in the game, when it was certain to be 0-3 and the rest of the series without Ruopp, that's when Gabrielle took the retribution for the season-ending hit put on his captain.

Last edited:

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
SKA St. Petersburg owns his rights. He would have to report there if he is playing in the KHL. Perhaps his agent is working on a trade

They owned his rights before he left the Bruins? I thought it was a mutual signing this year. Bruins had his rights but are they now out of the picture if he comes back or is it the same as SKA. I think we lost Chudinov when the time frame slipped away. If SKA retained his rights from years ago, then his agent should have went after any other route or trade in the NHL/AHL. Seems like the guy has no luck and is trapped on both sides of the water.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
They owned his rights before he left the Bruins? I thought it was a mutual signing this year. Bruins had his rights but are they now out of the picture if he comes back or is it the same as SKA. I think we lost Chudinov when the time frame slipped away. If SKA retained his rights from years ago, then his agent should have went after any other route or trade in the NHL/AHL. Seems like the guy has no luck and is trapped on both sides of the water.

His KHL rights were owned by Omsk, who traded those rights to SKA earlier this summer in exchange for a roster player (Yuri Alexandrov)

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
DeBrusk "looking forward to next step" after scoring binge at rookie camp

“The games and just they were being played, I felt way more comfortable and back to myself,†said DeBrusk, who was held to 21 goals in 61 junior games last season while battling through injury issues. “It felt nice to score some goals; that’s for sure. I got some really good passes. Pretty much both of them were identical, and I’ll always score those ones.

“I’m looking forward to the next step now, and just want to keep going. I [think I got to show] my game, my style and how hard I work from goal line to goal line. Being in and around the net and my goal-scoring touch, I think I did a good job of that over the weekend. I think a lot of [Bruins prospects] were able to show their worth. I was happy with how I played, and was able to show my style of hockey.â€

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/debrusk-looking-forward-next-step-after-scoring-binge-rookie-camp

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
DeBrusk "looking forward to next step" after scoring binge at rookie camp

“The games and just they were being played, I felt way more comfortable and back to myself,†said DeBrusk, who was held to 21 goals in 61 junior games last season while battling through injury issues. “It felt nice to score some goals; that’s for sure. I got some really good passes. Pretty much both of them were identical, and I’ll always score those ones.

“I’m looking forward to the next step now, and just want to keep going. I [think I got to show] my game, my style and how hard I work from goal line to goal line. Being in and around the net and my goal-scoring touch, I think I did a good job of that over the weekend. I think a lot of [Bruins prospects] were able to show their worth. I was happy with how I played, and was able to show my style of hockey.â€

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/debrusk-looking-forward-next-step-after-scoring-binge-rookie-camp

I really think he could surprise this year and end up being a contributor. His style of play means he could seamlessly fit into a 4th line role in Boston initially then work his way up.

I understand the need for his development, but if hes the best option hes the best option.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I really think he could surprise this year and end up being a contributor. His style of play means he could seamlessly fit into a 4th line role in Boston initially then work his way up.

I understand the need for his development, but if hes the best option hes the best option.

The fact that they brought up so much of the AHL coaching staff makes me wonder if we will be seeing more developing in Boston instead of Providence. Does DeBrusk have enough man strength at his age to effectively play his around the net game at the NHL level, though? Legit question, not some rhetorical question to disagree with you.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The fact that they brought up so much of the AHL coaching staff makes me wonder if we will be seeing more developing in Boston instead of Providence. Does DeBrusk have enough man strength at his age to effectively play his around the net game at the NHL level, though? Legit question, not some rhetorical question to disagree with you.

Jamie Langenbrunner Whitfield will be teaching him in AHL. He's in a great spot. Langenbrunner was an Olympic captain.

I love the Providence coaching staff from Dean on down.

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Terrible news about the injury to Frank Vatrano. I feel really bad for Frank and it's not making things better for the Bruins. He'll be back, but, will be missed. He was going to break out this year. I was pretty sure of that. Now we have to wait a few more months.

Other guys has to step up and there are a few who could. Danton Heinen I'm sure will be ahead of the rest. If you are a good skater like Zach Senyshyn, it's easier to catch up in the pace of game and he seems to keep a good attitude so I'm not very worried about him.

One thing I don't understand is why the name of Kyle Connor keeps popping up everywhere. He isn't part of the organization or drafted as a prospect so why bother. I am more interested in seeing or hearing about our own kids.

Thank you all for sharing your points and views. So good to hear from you guys who are actually attending the Bruins training camp. Come on with all you have time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad