Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
Terrible news about the injury to Frank Vatrano. I feel really bad for Frank and it's not making things better for the Bruins. He'll be back, but, will be missed. He was going to break out this year. I was pretty sure of that. Now we have to wait a few more months.

Other guys has to step up and there are a few who could. Danton Heinen I'm sure will be ahead of the rest. If you are a good skater like Zach Senyshyn, it's easier to catch up in the pace of game and he seems to keep a good attitude so I'm not very worried about him.

One thing I don't understand is why the name of Kyle Connor keeps popping up everywhere. He isn't part of the organization or drafted as a prospect so why bother. I am more interested in seeing or hearing about our own kids.

Thank you all for sharing your points and views. So good to hear from you guys who are actually attending the Bruins training camp. Come on with all you have time for.

There will always be second-guessers who wanna say they knew more than the gm. I agree lets see where the B's prospects are and hopefully where they are going.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
There will always be second-guessers who wanna say they knew more than the gm. I agree lets see where the B's prospects are and hopefully where they are going.

Bruins wanted to get a RH & LH goal scorer in the draft and for whatever reason went with DeBrusk. DeBrusk is no Dave Pasin or Rob Cimetta. He knows his way around the offensive zone. His skating grades good to me and his offensive instincts adding in hands and passing - plus.

We will see but he's been anything but a stiff to when I've seen him and we know he's mentally tough

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Bruins wanted to get a RH & LH goal scorer in the draft and for whatever reason went with DeBrusk. DeBrusk is no Dave Pasin or Rob Cimetta. He knows his way around the offensive zone. His skating grades good to me and his offensive instincts adding in hands and passing - plus.

We will see but he's been anything but a stiff to when I've seen him and we know he's mentally tough

reality is they missed on connor. it happens. not sure why people feel the need to keep rehashing it, but such is life. debrusk looks like a decent player, could be a high-end 3rd liner...perhaps a 2nd liner from what i've seen. like his compete, nice hands, good offensive IQ and skating is good.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
reality is they missed on connor. it happens. not sure why people feel the need to keep rehashing it, but such is life. debrusk looks like a decent player, could be a high-end 3rd liner...perhaps a 2nd liner from what i've seen. like his compete, nice hands, good offensive IQ and skating is good.

I must catch DeBrusk at the right time because I watched him on the NHL network play the WHL playoffs and then the Memorial Cup and 3 of 4 he picked up stars. The only game he was quiet was that London blowout game.

Last DC he didn't look good but we were sitting in the bleachers and the parent of the kid he was hanging with said that Jake told her he hadn't put on skates since the season ended until camp. That was bizarre and looked it.

Anyways, in DC and the two times I watched him this weekend (Friday and yesterday) was like night and day.

I'm going tonight and Wednesday so I'm going to watch him closely if he is playing.

the way I look at DeBrusk is this

1. his skating seems pretty good
2. he goes to the net and looks extremely comfortable in 'O' zone
3. his hands are sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
4. that injury he sustained and came back with me tells me he's got the mindset

so why not....hate to be all in on the prospects but I am a fan of this kid and a fan

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
so did jfk do anything bruins related? Seems weird to me that he didn't do anything with the team.

ncaa

THE "OTHER" AGREEMENT

Another element in this convoluted equation is the NCAA, the United States' college organization (Canadian universities don't fall under this umbrella). College players can turn pro whenever they want; the caveat being as soon as they sign even a tryout agreement or play a single game for pay, they're immediately ineligible to play in the NCAA.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2012/8/1/3213217/bruins-nhl-chl-ahl-agreement-CBA-talks-2012

Last edited:

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Cave looks good.

Aside from Frankie, Czarnik's main competition is Colby Cave.

Cave was very good. He made this one nice play coming out of his own zone where i was like "who the heck was that", until Jack said his name.

Colby Cave played a lot bigger than he is. Impressed and rooting for him to get a long look.

colby cave looks good on PK.

Very nice (and not surprising at all) to see the accolades for Colby Cave on here lately. An absolutely under-rated and under-appreciated player in my opinion, who was a real treat to watch develop over the last half decade. He's the consummate team player, a warrior, a leader and exceptional in the room. And yes, he can play. A Bruin through-and-through.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I'd be pretty happy if DeBrusk turned into a Marco Sturm type ( good third liner, solid second liner in his prime ) who can put up 20+ goals and play hard two way hockey. Like you, this is the one pick I wish they could have back out of the three and get Connor; I hope DeBrusk proves us all wrong.

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
Weren't there rumors the bruins interview with Connor didn't go well? And potentially he didn't want to play for the bruins? Honestly I'll take a lower tier player 's a higher end one that is going to be disgruntled and force a trade in 3 years. I'm happy to have debrusk as a bruin

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Forward Sean Kuraly will play his game to earn a job with Bruins

Kuraly does understand what he must do.

“I’ve just got to be responsible. I’m not going to be flashy,” he said. “You’re not going to see me make highlight-reel plays. I’m out there for consistency, to make the smart play, take the percentages, make the smart play and live to fight another day. I think the best part of my game will come over time, with being consistent and responsible.

“There’s got to be a (physical) edge in my play. I like to get in on the forecheck and get under the skin of other guys. If I’m competing at a high level, I’m playing well, I’m in the game. I’ve got to be doing that to play at this level.”

What about being labeled a grinder?

“You can call me whatever you want,” he said with a laugh. “If I’m put in a spot and I’m playing a role, it’s my job to be the best that I can, be proud of it and do a good job at whatever I’m asked to do.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._will_play_his_game_to_earn_a_job_with_bruins

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Forward Sean Kuraly will play his game to earn a job with Bruins

Kuraly does understand what he must do.

“I’ve just got to be responsible. I’m not going to be flashy,†he said. “You’re not going to see me make highlight-reel plays. I’m out there for consistency, to make the smart play, take the percentages, make the smart play and live to fight another day. I think the best part of my game will come over time, with being consistent and responsible.

“There’s got to be a (physical) edge in my play. I like to get in on the forecheck and get under the skin of other guys. If I’m competing at a high level, I’m playing well, I’m in the game. I’ve got to be doing that to play at this level.â€

What about being labeled a grinder?

“You can call me whatever you want,†he said with a laugh. “If I’m put in a spot and I’m playing a role, it’s my job to be the best that I can, be proud of it and do a good job at whatever I’m asked to do.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._will_play_his_game_to_earn_a_job_with_bruins

Love those quotes and like the game he brought in his first NHL preseason game. Hoping he pushes for a role on the 4th line wing. Good utility player with solid speed and a north south game.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Love those quotes and like the game he brought in his first NHL preseason game. Hoping he pushes for a role on the 4th line wing. Good utility player with solid speed and a north south game.

I would rather see a younger, hungry, faster guy then a used to be scrub on his last legs. It shows the prospects they are in the plans of the organization.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I would rather see a younger, hungry, faster guy then a used to be scrub on his last legs. It shows the prospects they are in the plans of the organization.

If he can quickly gain Julien's trust defensively, he has a shot at that 4th LW job, which to me is wide open for a defensively sound, penalty killer, grinder-type.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'd be pretty happy if DeBrusk turned into a Marco Sturm type ( good third liner, solid second liner in his prime ) who can put up 20+ goals and play hard two way hockey. Like you, this is the one pick I wish they could have back out of the three and get Connor; I hope DeBrusk proves us all wrong.

i like comparisons - i know some folks aren't into it...but debrusk reminds me a little of chris kunitz.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The prospects who played tonight aren't anywhere near making the team.

Grizz and Gabrielle are keepers but they need to seriously add some muscle. Too small for the AHL. Lower immediate expectations on both and take a look in 2 years if/when they get stronger. Good instincts but they are both far away. Grizz had a flawless game too but hes just not close hes not stout and stocky like Krug.

Lauzen was brutal. Will be terrible if he plays in Providence this year. He needs to go back to JR and get traded to an OHL or WHL team. Noone will want to believe me but hes extremely far away. Good frame no need to get rid though you can part with him in a trade and not think twice. Jus not even close and he will be bad in Providence this year.

Senny...yikes. WTF did anyone see? No accelleration at all in his skating. He looks like he is 12 though so its OK to be patient. But the kid wouldn't be playing on BU or BC's top lines this year if he was in college. Really really far away.

Czarnik was at least good enough that I think he will help the Providence Bruins. Not much from anyone else I guess its good Arnesson was anonymous thats kind of the book on him is quiet and effective.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
The prospects who played tonight aren't anywhere near making the team.

Grizz and Gabrielle are keepers but they need to seriously add some muscle. Too small for the AHL. Lower immediate expectations on both and take a look in 2 years if/when they get stronger. Good instincts but they are both far away. Grizz had a flawless game too but hes just not close hes not stout and stocky like Krug.

Lauzen was brutal. Will be terrible if he plays in Providence this year. He needs to go back to JR and get traded to an OHL or WHL team. Noone will want to believe me but hes extremely far away. Good frame no need to get rid though you can part with him in a trade and not think twice. Jus not even close and he will be bad in Providence this year.

Senny...yikes. WTF did anyone see? No accelleration at all in his skating. He looks like he is 12 though so its OK to be patient. But the kid wouldn't be playing on BU or BC's top lines this year if he was in college. Really really far away.

Czarnik was at least good enough that I think he will help the Providence Bruins. Not much from anyone else I guess its good Arnesson was anonymous thats kind of the book on him is quiet and effective.

Lauzon was decent, Senyshyn made plays with his speed and going to the net. Gabreille did not do much and I think all those guys have to go back to Junior, no AHL for them this year too young. Grizz looks fast and smooth with the puck not as big as Krug but a better skater. Meuller should be released and McQuaid is just not a good deeman anymore, his style is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad