Bruins injury thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Was it this?

That's it. Surprising that he would throw down after finally returning from a concussion and surprising a lot of people he's a lefty. Bergeron won't jump somebody and throw down but he did try to get Faksa to go later in the game but Faksa was too much of a pu**y that he was afraid to fight a one armed man.

Hopefully he's back after Thanksgiving.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Nice to see Miller back but better yet looks as if McAvoy and Urho are close to recovering from their concussions.

Bruins Injuries: Bruce Cassidy Gives Update On Patrice Bergeron, Charlie McAvoy

Kevan Miller, who’s been sidelined with an upper-body injury since Oct. 19, is expected to return to the lineup Wednesday. This couldn’t come at a better time for the Bruins, with Zdeno Chara out at least a month with an MCL injury. Meanwhile, both Charlie McAvoy (concussion) and Urho Vaakanainen (concussion) will travel and practice with the B’s in Detroit.
Cassidy noted McAvoy and Vaakanainen won’t play Wednesday night and are questionable for the weekend games.

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would hope they would send Urho down to Providence to get back into game shape. I’d rather keep Lauzon and Clifton for now (Zboril down when Miller comes back) and let him build back to game shape in the AHL.

Clifton is an adventure in his own end from play to play, and I would probably send him down before Zboril. Beyond that, I’m guessing that the reason that UV and McAvoy are heading out to DET to practice is so they can get as much practice time with the team as possible and will be in NHL games right away.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Clifton is an adventure in his own end from play to play, and I would probably send him down before Zboril. Beyond that, I’m guessing that the reason that UV and McAvoy are heading out to DET to practice is so they can get as much practice time with the team as possible and will be in NHL games right away.
Clifton is up on an Emergency Loan so he is the 1st that has to be sent back. That said, the team can do some paper transactions and send him down, activate Miller, send another D down, then recall Clifton on a non-emergency basis if they want to keep him.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
4 weeks would be a mid - mild separated shoulder or anterior dislocation (did that in college, felt like the joint had no strength), MUCH better prognosis than a broken collarbone. Kind of the same thing as with Chara, looked like it could be a season ending injury but was more an extended absence thing.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins have the worst injury luck. I guess the silver lining is that they could all be healthy in the playoffs.

Still, you can't like the lineup they're icing right now. Any wins with what they have now are a bonus.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The Bruins have the worst injury luck. I guess the silver lining is that they could all be healthy in the playoffs.

Still, you can't like the lineup they're icing right now. Any wins with what they have now are a bonus.

If only it actually worked that way. Unfortunately we could enter the playoffs with this exact sort of mess, or even worse. Then again, so could every team we might play.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Well, it does suck. Maybe 2019 will begin with a healthy team who will roll when it matters. Let's hope they can tread water until then, at least the Bruins have the best tandem goalie team in the league.

Get well soon Bruins!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
This is one of the reasons why I question the “window closing” comments.

To me, it’s been closed. One injury to Bergeron or chara and we aren’t in the conversation let alone contenders. Those guys only serve to lead the team at this point, but if we’re winning a cup it’ll be with the young guys coming up. That’s why I don’t sell the farm to “win now” at this point.

Just have to see what you have in the cupboards that you’ve been stocking the last 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad