Bruins injury thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Folks upset about the chara news are definitely glass half empty thinkers

I was worried he’d be out until the spring at best

I’d scratch Bergy tonight and get Frederic on a plane if I was Sweeney/Cassidy

Guy has to have holes in vital organs to sit out

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Folks upset about the chara news are definitely glass half empty thinkers

I was worried he’d be out until the spring at best

I’d scratch Bergy tonight and get Frederic on a plane if I was Sweeney/Cassidy

Guy has to have holes in vital organs to sit out

Frederick is still out in Providence. Hasn’t played in a couple of weeks. Cave is the next guy up I would hope.

Reactions: FanSince72

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What the heck happened to them??? I miss one road trip and everyone is injured.
Bergeron got hit into the boards and hurt his shoulder or collarbone, looks like. Pasta was acting like his wrist hurt although I didn't see what caused it.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
What???? This is the first I ever heard of the sentiment. I think you are on an island here.
Go back a couple of years before he was re signed. I wasn’t alone. Even if I had been, it wouldn’t mean I was wrong. Anyhoo, Z’s a great human specimen but he IS over 40. Just like you can’t fix stupid, you can’t fix old. I’m older than Z, and Craig Janney, and I can remember being 41. Barely. No matter how fit you are at that age, your body is still 41. I was shocked he didn’t get injured last season. Not at all surprised he is this season.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Go back a couple of years before he was re signed. I wasn’t alone. Even if I had been, it wouldn’t mean I was wrong. Anyhoo, Z’s a great human specimen but he IS over 40. Just like you can’t fix stupid, you can’t fix old. I’m older than Z, and Craig Janney, and I can remember being 41. Barely. No matter how fit you are at that age, your body is still 41. I was shocked he didn’t get injured last season. Not at all surprised he is this season.
Don’t you know 40’s the new 20!? :)

Reactions: DKH

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If Chara is back in two months that will be close to a best case scenario.

Gonna get a real good look at our kids and how the B's D corp will look like in the post Chara era.

Loving being able to see guys like Lauzon, Clifton, and Zboril play. Wish they could be brought along slowly and not thrown in the deep end, but thems the breaks(literally.)

Reactions: TCB

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I do not think Chara is outta the woods til they check out in a month. Maybe waiting for the swelling to go down. Lets hope it is good news at that point in time.

Is that the same knee he damaged when he ran onto Tavares the same way?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I do not think Chara is outta the woods til they check out in a month. Maybe waiting for the swelling to go down. Lets hope it is good news at that point in time.

Is that the same knee he damaged when he ran onto Tavares the same way?
Not sure if it’s same knee or not,I think they give it 4 weeks to see if it can heal on its own,or if the knee will require surgery Is my guess.Not trying to be a Doctor,but have had a lot of knee issues .Some required surgery some haven’t.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
The news that Patrice Bergeron (upper body) and John Moore (lower body) are both returning to Boston to be evaluated by the medical staff ....anybody have anymore

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Not sure if it’s same knee or not,I think they give it 4 weeks to see if it can heal on its own,or if the knee will require surgery Is my guess.Not trying to be a Doctor,but have had a lot of knee issues .Some required surgery some haven’t.

I do not know if it a good thing it is the same knee or not. They basically had to put it back together. If it is the other knee then the same thing may happen as last time. It looked exactly like the hit on Tavares. It buckled back weirdly, at first I was cheering as he hit him hard but then the replay. Horrible thing to happen, he was playing good this year and at 41 and that size its not good. I hate knee injuries. Had my knee taken out as I tried to get around a big guy and he stuck out his knee. Doc said if I had pro money we could fix it properly. Basically no cartilage in both knees now, take up another hobby. Photography, lol.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I do not know if it a good thing it is the same knee or not. They basically had to put it back together. If it is the other knee then the same thing may happen as last time. It looked exactly like the hit on Tavares. It buckled back weirdly, at first I was cheering as he hit him hard but then the replay. Horrible thing to happen, he was playing good this year and at 41 and that size its not good. I hate knee injuries. Had my knee taken out as I tried to get around a big guy and he stuck out his knee. Doc said if I had pro money we could fix it properly. Basically no cartilage in both knees now, take up another hobby. Photography, lol.

It was his left knee in 2014:

Zdeno Chara Working His Way Back from Knee Injury

Same knee :madfire:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
4-6 weeks for his return has to be the best we could have all hoped for, man I was thinking this was potentially a season ending injury

Reactions: HustleB

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

You said Chara was done about 5y ago.

You were more than wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad