Bruins injury thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Trust me, hurts like hell... In all honesty, I find shoulder and clavicle injuries the most debilitating (not counting concussions).

For sure. One of the guys I work with plays basketball and he got hauled down from behind and it did some serious damage to his shoulder. He had surgery to reattach everything and he's now about 6 weeks out where he's out of the sling and into rehab. He still can't lift his arm above his stomach to his chest. He has to type with a wireless keyboard on his lap too. He said the injury was way much less painful than trying to sleep after it happened and before he had surgery. Awful

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
For sure. One of the guys I work with plays basketball and he got hauled down from behind and it did some serious damage to his shoulder. He had surgery to reattach everything and he's now about 6 weeks out where he's out of the sling and into rehab. He still can't lift his arm above his stomach to his chest. He has to type with a wireless keyboard on his lap too. He said the injury was way much less painful than trying to sleep after it happened and before he had surgery. Awful

True. First couple of days after surgery are, let's say, unpleasant.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins will get Kevan Miller back Wednesday at Detroit - The Boston Globe

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Help for the Bruins’ battered blue line is on the way.
Kevan Miller is expected to return to the lineup Wednesday at Detroit, more than a month after a shot busted his right hand Oct. 18 in Edmonton.
Additionally, Charlie McAvoy and Urho Vaakanainen are well enough to rejoin practice, both close to emerging from the cave of postconcussion symptoms.
Neither McAvoy nor Vaakanainen will play Wednesday, coach Bruce Cassidy said before two buses took the Bruins from their sun-splashed luxury hotel at the base of Camelback Mountain to a charter flight bound for the chilly Motor City. For both, he said, “Even the weekend is questionable at best, I would think.”

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Hope the kids can hold serve & remain in a playoff position until the New Year. Tough trip to Canada coming up in a few days.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Bad news about Bergy. I guess the silver lining is, he won't be burnt out come springtime from carrying the team ALL season. Oy.

But I hope Cassidy doesn't dick around with moving a 3rd-4th line centre into his place. Krejci needs to move up. It's gotta be:

Marchand - Krejci - Pasta/DeBrusk

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Bruins will get Kevan Miller back Wednesday at Detroit - The Boston Globe

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Help for the Bruins’ battered blue line is on the way.
Kevan Miller is expected to return to the lineup Wednesday at Detroit, more than a month after a shot busted his right hand Oct. 18 in Edmonton.
Additionally, Charlie McAvoy and Urho Vaakanainen are well enough to rejoin practice, both close to emerging from the cave of postconcussion symptoms.
Neither McAvoy nor Vaakanainen will play Wednesday, coach Bruce Cassidy said before two buses took the Bruins from their sun-splashed luxury hotel at the base of Camelback Mountain to a charter flight bound for the chilly Motor City. For both, he said, “Even the weekend is questionable at best, I would think.”
From the Globe are confusing quotes from Cassidy on Vaakanainen. This is from yesterday.
Good news: McAvoy went 2 for 2 this week, practicing Tuesday and morning-skating Wednesday, neither of which involved much more contact than the playful shoves he received from his happy-to-see-ya teammates.
When will Chuckie check in for game duty? TBD. Cassidy, a straight shooter with reporters on most topics, said he wishes he could say more. The club is usually tight-lipped about those concussed.
Cassidy also keeps it zipped about Urho Vaakanainen, who went 1 for 2 in on-ice attendance the last two days. The word on him, from Cassidy: “Not even close to playing.”
Follow Matt Porter on Twitter at @mattyports.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Looks like McAvoy, Vaakanainen, and Carlo will play next Thursday at the earliest.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Miller again?

iu

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad