Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Perhaps Finn should get a stint in the ECHL to help out with his confidence? Remember AMac was sent down early on in his career and it worked well for him.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Perhaps Finn should get a stint in the ECHL to help out with his confidence? Remember AMac was sent down early on in his career and it worked well for him.

Perhaps it can help Jesse Graham and Czuchman who had stints last season.

Bridgeport always starts off great in October, then it falls apart quickly. I am more confident in this group then I have in years past. The experience is there that has been absent for quite some time.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Not gonna lie. When I first saw this team put together I was hoping NOT to get last place but theres more talent here than I thought. I reminds me of the 08-09 team, which if I recall correctly, worked out pretty nicely.

I think I've been saying it for a while now, Devil fans had great things to say about Whitney and once Beck went through I was like whoa, we got some potential here for 3 guys getting over 65 points if you add Quine.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I think I've been saying it for a while now, Devil fans had great things to say about Whitney and once Beck went through I was like whoa, we got some potential here for 3 guys getting over 65 points if you add Quine.

The difference from last year is not having to count on ECHL caliber players such as Langkow and Scooter Vaughan. As exciting as he was to watch fight, this team is a lot better off without Gallant. There's more of a balance of grit with this club, more willing combatants. There are currently no rookies on the back end. Last season you had Reinhart, Pulock, Pelech, Graham and Czuchman, which explained a lot of the struggles.

mk21

Sep 20, 2015
How has Petrov looked?

Never mind I saw previous page mention.

Last edited:

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I just finished watching the game. This team is really improved from last year. The offense is hugely upgraded and the defense seems to be developing well.

Mayfield just physically dominates along the boards and in front of the net. If he can just clean up his passing a bit he has a bright future.

Petrov played on the second line with Quine. He looked good but wasn't outstanding or anything. He seems like he's still getting adjusted. He looked good on the powerplay though, very comfortable with the puck.

Czuczman is just way too offensively aggressive for my liking. Carkner looks his age.

BPT has a line who are all 6'4'' and taller. Wright-Florek-Vaive. Crazy big.

I thought Finn played well. Very solid in his own end and skated well. Didn't people say his skating wasn't very good? I didn't see that. One game though.

Gibson looked very solid. Good rebound control and he was challenging the shooter well.

One negative is that BPT wasn't very disciplined. Lots of bad penalties. Overall though this team is much better than last year and should be fun to follow.

Thanks, Charlie!

Taz62

Oct 9, 2015
Ontario
Tonights LineUP versus SPRINGFIELD

BRIDGEPORT

F: Whitney-Kearns-Beck
Halmo (A)-Quine-Petrov
Vaive-Wright-Florek
Johnston-Gomes-Holmstrom (C)

D: Pelech-Mayfield
Czuczman-Pulock
Carkner (A)-Graham
(Finn-scratch)

G: Gibson
Williams

SPRINGFIELD

F: H.Samuelsson-Jeffrey-Szwarz (A)
Plachta-Shinnimin-Cunningham (C)
Lessio-Dauphin-Selleck
Mauermann-Gaudet-Lane

D: Smith-Potter (A)
P.Samuelsson-Grant
Hache-Delisle

G: Beskorowany
Domingue

http://blog.ctnews.com/fornabaio/2015/10/13/welcome-back-pulock-springfield-pregame/

Last edited:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The difference from last year is not having to count on ECHL caliber players such as Langkow and Scooter Vaughan. As exciting as he was to watch fight, this team is a lot better off without Gallant. There's more of a balance of grit with this club, more willing combatants. There are currently no rookies on the back end. Last season you had Reinhart, Pulock, Pelech, Graham and Czuchman, which explained a lot of the struggles.

Yeah vets are huge, I used to be excited if I saw a Watkins or Frischmonn added. How sad.

Very happy for Bridgeport fans!

But don't mention Gallant, I loved watching him fight.

Taz62

Oct 9, 2015
Ontario
Is the Bridgeport game streamed any where on the net ?

Is the Bridgeport game streamed any where on the net ?

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
End of 1st period:
BPT up 1 - 0
Shots 9 - 8
Czuczman goal on the PP, assist from Pulock and Whitney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad