Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Bridgeport is home today, 5:00 PM vs Saint John's.

Bridgeport is playing in Albany in a few weeks, if not too busy will go. Already have tickets for when Bridgeport plays at Utica in November.

I'll be at Bridgeport at Providence. Will report back.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I'll be at Bridgeport at Providence. Will report back.

That would be good Charlie, anyone who goes sees Bridgeport play can make a few comments. A poster above asked about Finn, want to get a look at him. Scott and I were hoping they would take Finn in the second round in 2012 (they did better with Pokka since he became Leddy). Things didn't go well for Finn in the minors last year, he was hurt some yet wonder about him.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Anyone know how Petrov looked? What about Pelech and Mayfield? Anyone else stand out good or bad? Thanks in advance.

I just finished watching the game. This team is really improved from last year. The offense is hugely upgraded and the defense seems to be developing well.

Mayfield just physically dominates along the boards and in front of the net. If he can just clean up his passing a bit he has a bright future.

Petrov played on the second line with Quine. He looked good but wasn't outstanding or anything. He seems like he's still getting adjusted. He looked good on the powerplay though, very comfortable with the puck.

Czuczman is just way too offensively aggressive for my liking. Carkner looks his age.

BPT has a line who are all 6'4'' and taller. Wright-Florek-Vaive. Crazy big.

I thought Finn played well. Very solid in his own end and skated well. Didn't people say his skating wasn't very good? I didn't see that. One game though.

Gibson looked very solid. Good rebound control and he was challenging the shooter well.

One negative is that BPT wasn't very disciplined. Lots of bad penalties. Overall though this team is much better than last year and should be fun to follow.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I just finished watching the game. This team is really improved from last year. The offense is hugely upgraded and the defense seems to be developing well.

Mayfield just physically dominates along the boards and in front of the net. If he can just clean up his passing a bit he has a bright future.

Petrov played on the second line with Quine. He looked good but wasn't outstanding or anything. He seems like he's still getting adjusted. He looked good on the powerplay though, very comfortable with the puck.

Czuczman is just way too offensively aggressive for my liking. Carkner looks his age.

BPT has a line who are all 6'4'' and taller. Wright-Florek-Vaive. Crazy big.

I thought Finn played well. Very solid in his own end and skated well. Didn't people say his skating wasn't very good? I didn't see that. One game though.

Gibson looked very solid. Good rebound control and he was challenging the shooter well.

One negative is that BPT wasn't very disciplined. Lots of bad penalties. Overall though this team is much better than last year and should be fun to follow.

Great report Charlie ! I think the Grabner trade really replenished Bridgeport with 4 solid prospects. I'm also excited to see how the Gibson/Williams duo does in net this year. Gibson got off to a good start. Much better talent in Bridgeport than in past years.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I realize its only 1 game and its with a new organization but if he doesn't get his head out of his ass, he'll be the next Brian Strait. It got so bad that every time he came out the fans were yelling at him to go back to the bench. He was AWFUL!

Is this sarcasm? I heard the opposite. I heard he was pretty solid.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Pretty wild game tonight. Line brawl in the second period after Pelech shoved someone into Williams (I guess they thought the Icecaps guy ran the goalie?). Then a penalty shot for the Icecaps when someone covered the puck in the crease.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Not sarcasm. Im a STH and he was god awful. Easily the worst player on the ice tonight.

Finn was awful in the Leafs camp and preseason as well. Matt Donovan was Bobby Orr by comparison - not even exaggerating.

Terrible decisions, nervous, hesitant - seemed to not think the game at all.

We will see what a season or two does.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Beck breakaway goal and bowls himself into the net. Pretty ugly but hey it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad