Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Chapin what's your thoughts on Nilsson?

I like him. He came up with Mora and Frolunda, covincingly staying ahead of the grade and earning himself a spot as a #5/6 Dman at each station. U18 and U20 WJCs under his belt, both successful. I knew he wasn't going to be much of an offensive player cause he makes the simple, safe first pass and then keeps an eye on his own zone. Yep, he just keeps things simple, but is safe and sound. Is moving towards becoming a regular plus player. Has a righty shot and reads the game well with sound positioning. I wouldn't expect him to be a point-getter, but in a year or two, he may be a much better option than Strait as a #7 who helps out.

There is upside.

Let's see how he and Finn fit in here in BPort. Nice additions to Carkner, Pelech, Burroughs, Grahame, and Czuczman, much less Pulock and Mayfield, at least one of which will likely be in the AHL to begin. Probably both.

But yep, the team really shored up on BPort and ECHL guys at the beginning of the UFA period and it'll now be fun to see how things end up working out with respect to ice time.

I have to think Nilsson will be a regular for the Soundtigers.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Williams to the ECHL if I had to guess, but no idea. Maybe Poulin gets moved somewhere else.

Williams is too good for the ECHL. He showed no signs of struggling in the AHL, with great stats on a bad team.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
Williams is too good for the ECHL. He showed no signs of struggling in the AHL, with great stats on a bad team.

I don't disagree, was merely going by age/tenure. Gibson was the Marlies starter last year, and Poulin was/is penciled in as the starter or at least a 1a/1b situation. So I sent Williams to the ECHL by default. I'd rather give the young Williams and his upside more of the workload, it'll be mildly interesting to see how they work this out.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
I like him. He came up with Mora and Frolunda, covincingly staying ahead of the grade and earning himself a spot as a #5/6 Dman at each station. U18 and U20 WJCs under his belt, both successful. I knew he wasn't going to be much of an offensive player cause he makes the simple, safe first pass and then keeps an eye on his own zone. Yep, he just keeps things simple, but is safe and sound. Is moving towards becoming a regular plus player. Has a righty shot and reads the game well with sound positioning. I wouldn't expect him to be a point-getter, but in a year or two, he may be a much better option than Strait as a #7 who helps out.

There is upside.

Let's see how he and Finn fit in here in BPort. Nice additions to Carkner, Pelech, Burroughs, Grahame, and Czuczman, much less Pulock and Mayfield, at least one of which will likely be in the AHL to begin. Probably both.

But yep, the team really shored up on BPort and ECHL guys at the beginning of the UFA period and it'll now be fun to see how things end up working out with respect to ice time.

Sounds like Pokka.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

There is upside.

Thanks as always!! Yeah, nothing wrong with being a defensive defenseman. Got to keep pucks out of the net. I like that he's young so there is room for his game to improve and still develop.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pulock
Mayfield
Pelech
Carkner
Graham
Czuczman
Burroughs
Finn
Nilsson
Leduc

Bridgeport is going to get crowded on the backend again this year.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Here is the large mix of eligible players for Bridgeport.

Forwards on NHL deals

Wright
Whitney
B. Holmstrom
Vaive
Kearns
Florek
Leblanc
Collberg
Quine
Johnston
Halmo
Verhaeghe
Beck ( if clears waivers)

AHL deals
Barnes
Gomes
Markison
Root
Rowe
J. Holmstrom
Sylvestre

Defense on NHL deal
Mayfield
Pulock
Pelech
Graham
Czuchman
Nilsson
Burroughs
Finn
Leduc

Defense on AHL deals
Carkner
Aneloski
Ludwig
LaFranchise

Goalies on NHL deals
Poulin
Williams
Gibson

Goalie AHL deal
Milner

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
It would be amazing to see this team make a championship run and see Dal Colle, Ho-Sang, Barzal and Beauvillier added to the roster after their junior seasons were thru.

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011
It would be amazing to see this team make a championship run and see Dal Colle, Ho-Sang, Barzal and Beauvillier added to the roster after their junior seasons were thru.

That would be great but more likely than not most of those guys (JHS and Beauvillier for sure, Barzal maybe, and MDC if he gets traded) will be in their own playoff run. Would be cool to see a third straight Islander 1st overall pick win the memorial cup though.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Pulock
Mayfield
Pelech
Carkner
Graham
Czuczman
Burroughs
Finn
Nilsson
Leduc

Bridgeport is going to get crowded on the backend again this year.

One of Pulock and Mayfield will be gone...

Carkner will play half the games, and get lots of rest I'm sure, even when healthy

Still leaves eight yeah...

Sign that Snow wants a more competitive farm club too, not just in Brooklyn.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Easy to forget about Louis LeBlanc signing - LOTS of highly touted prospects with something to prove in Bridgeport. Hard to hate that.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Here is the large mix of eligible players for Bridgeport.

Forwards on NHL deals

Wright
Whitney
B. Holmstrom
Vaive
Kearns
Florek
Leblanc
Collberg
Quine
Johnston
Halmo
Verhaeghe
Beck ( if clears waivers)

AHL deals
Barnes
Gomes
Markison
Root
Rowe
J. Holmstrom
Sylvestre

Defense on NHL deal
Mayfield
Pulock
Pelech
Graham
Czuchman
Nilsson
Burroughs
Finn
Leduc

Defense on AHL deals
Carkner
Aneloski
Ludwig
LaFranchise

Goalies on NHL deals
Poulin
Williams
Gibson

Goalie AHL deal
Milner

Whoa. That's plenty of depth.

Anyone who dare to guess what the line up will look like?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm not going to try and do a lineup, but there is a serious lack of balance of handedness on the backend. Pelech, Czuczman, and Finn are your only LHD on NHL deals. I know there's no shot of it ever happening, but they could really use Strait down there for the top pairing.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Defense on NHL deal
Mayfield
Pulock
Pelech
Graham
Czuchman
Nilsson
Burroughs
Finn
Leduc

Defense on AHL deals
Carkner
Aneloski
Ludwig
LaFranchise

If Pulock makes the team, my best guess is:

Pelech - Mayfield
Czuczman - Carkner
Finn - Nilsson

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
If Pulock makes the team, my best guess is:

Pelech - Mayfield
Czuczman - Carkner
Finn - Nilsson

Can't wait to hear about Mayfield, Carkner, and Nilsson throwing their weight around.

Something tells me that Burroughs may outplay someone - likely Pelech or Czuczman.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Can't wait to hear about Mayfield, Carkner, and Nilsson throwing their weight around.

Something tells me that Burroughs may outplay someone - likely Pelech or Czuczman.

I'd be surprised if it was Pelech. He was Mayfield's regular partner and Thomspon said some really good things about him late last season.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
With the Isles now at the 50 contract limit and bunch of other players on AHL deals, I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two lost to waivers, or someone traded shortly. the Tirgers have gor possibly four goalies lining up for two sports so something must be done there.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Just a hunch that Finn, Leduc, Burroughs and Verhaeghe will start the season in the ECHL.

On defense you have

Pulock-Mayfield
Pelech-Czurczman
Carkner-Graham-Nilsson (Rotating)

Forwards

Whitney-Quine-Beck
Halmo-Kearns-Collberg
Florek-Wright-Vaive
Johnston-Holmstrom-Gomes
Barnes

Gibson
Williams

Should be interesting if Pulock is sent down and where to pencil in Leblanc if he clears waivers.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Carkner, Parker and Barnes were released from their PTO's on Saturday. so, this then?

Pulock-Mayfield
Pelech-Czurczman
Graham-Nilsson-Finn (Rotating)

Forwards

Whitney-Quine-Beck
Halmo-Kearns-Collberg
Florek-Wright-Vaive
Johnston-Holmstrom-Gomes
Verhaeghe

Gibson
Williams

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Carkner, Parker and Barnes were released from their PTO's on Saturday. so, this then?

Pulock-Mayfield
Pelech-Czurczman
Graham-Nilsson-Finn (Rotating)

Forwards

Whitney-Quine-Beck
Halmo-Kearns-Collberg
Florek-Wright-Vaive
Johnston-Holmstrom-Gomes
Verhaeghe

Gibson
Williams

Those guys were cut from their NHL training camp tryouts and assigned to Bridgeport.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Those guys were cut from their NHL training camp tryouts and assigned to Bridgeport.

not that it's a big deal or anything. all other players, except those three, were either assigned to BP, or placed on waivers for the purpose of being placed on BP. do these three have some sort of different status? do they have to sign PTO's for BP before attending BP camp? just curious...

Justin Vaive (LW) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Adam Pelech (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Scott Mayfield (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
SEP 26, 2015
Carter Verhaeghe (C) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Alan Quine (C) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Tom Nilsson (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Loic Leduc (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Ross Johnston (LW) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Jesse Graham (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Christopher Gibson (G) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Matthew Finn (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Kevin Czuczman (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Sebastian Collberg (RW) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Parker Milner (G) Released from training camp by the New York Islanders.
Matt Carkner (D) Released from training camp by the New York Islanders.
Tyler Barnes (RW) Released from training camp by the New York Islanders.

James Wright (LW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Joe Whitney (LW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Kevin Poulin (G) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Bracken Kearns (C) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Ben Holmstrom (RW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Mike Halmo (RW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Justin Florek (LW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Taylor Beck (RW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
not that it's a big deal or anything. all other players, except those three, were either assigned to BP, or placed on waivers for the purpose of being placed on BP. do these three have some sort of different status? do they have to sign PTO's for BP before attending BP camp? just curious...

Justin Vaive (LW) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Adam Pelech (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Scott Mayfield (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
SEP 26, 2015
Carter Verhaeghe (C) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Alan Quine (C) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Tom Nilsson (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Loic Leduc (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Ross Johnston (LW) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Jesse Graham (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Christopher Gibson (G) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Matthew Finn (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Kevin Czuczman (D) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Sebastian Collberg (RW) Assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Parker Milner (G) Released from training camp by the New York Islanders.
Matt Carkner (D) Released from training camp by the New York Islanders.
Tyler Barnes (RW) Released from training camp by the New York Islanders.

James Wright (LW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Joe Whitney (LW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Kevin Poulin (G) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Bracken Kearns (C) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Ben Holmstrom (RW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Mike Halmo (RW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Justin Florek (LW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).
Taylor Beck (RW) Placed on waivers by the New York Islanders for the purpose of being assigned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL).

The three ( Milner, Barnes and Carkner) were already signed to AHL deals, but got NHL camp invites whereas there is about a half dozen others who are on AHL deals that did not get a NHL camp invite.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
With Petrov in Bridgeport, I think that leaves 36 players.

Mostly everyone that played in the 2 preseason games were on AHL contracts or tryouts. The only Islander prospects that really played were Graham, Collberg, Leduc, Nilsson, Finn and Verherghae.

I still have a strong feeling that Finn, Verherghae and Leduc are heading to Missouri to start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad