Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
BPT wins 5 - 3

Graham with the PP goal from Petrov and Quine. Nice pass by Quine there.

Graham was the first star.

Kinda funny, BPT scored two empty net goals.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
BPT wins 5 - 3

Graham with the PP goal from Petrov and Quine. Nice pass by Quine there.

Graham was the first star.

Kinda funny, BPT scored two empty net goals.

Bridgeport looks much more compeitive, last year they were so lame the last half of the season with that roster of mostly unknowns.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Leblanc is still yet to play! Depth is a terrific thing.

They should really consider sending down a defenseman, there is now 9! The extras are Finn, Leduc and Cullity.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
Happy they are winning and everything, but kind of bummed Collberg is sitting while older AHL journeymen are playing. Collberg looked good in training camp, and he's not going to improve by riding the pine...and improvement of the youth is ultimately what this farm team is for, no?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Happy they are winning and everything, but kind of bummed Collberg is sitting while older AHL journeymen are playing. Collberg looked good in training camp, and he's not going to improve by riding the pine...and improvement of the youth is ultimately what this farm team is for, no?

I'd send him and Finn to Missouri, who also has a fairly deep team with good coaching (Richard Matvichuk). I believe they will also be using our systems there also.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013

That's a fair point, but I also think fielding a winning team helps the development of the youth that does get to play. It's a bit of a give and take. I haven't been impressed with Collberg at all though, so if he has to be sacrificed for the greater good of the other prospects then I'm okay with it. Like ECK said, he can always hit the ECHL and come back to the Bridge later on.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
That's a fair point, but I also think fielding a winning team helps the development of the youth that does get to play. It's a bit of a give and take. I haven't been impressed with Collberg at all though, so if he has to be sacrificed for the greater good of the other prospects then I'm okay with it. Like ECK said, he can always hit the ECHL and come back to the Bridge later on.

Collberg getting further and further away from any chance at the NHL.
He has the tools, a good skater with a good shot, so it must be dedication or hockey sense. I feel we have not done a food job developing our Swedish draft picks in particular. Ullstrom, Sandstrom, Persson, now Collberg. WTF? Ullstrom was the most strange as he was on the roster, Cappy had "issues" with his play but he passed the eye test for a young player with the fans, and we would not offer a 1 way deal, so he is not playing here. Ullstrom was a very suitable 4th line NHL player who could score and fast as anyone.
Very strange this Swedish syndrome. :amazed:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bridgeport 5, Providence 4
Goals-Pelech (1,SH), Mayfield (1), Quine (1),Petrov (1), Johnston (1)
Goalies-Gibson, 6 saves, 8 shots (first period)
Williams, W, 12 saves, 14 shots.

Last edited:

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Sounds like the isles did "right" by him, and let him go for greener pastures.

Definitely this- he was signed before the Grabner trade which didn't help his cause. Injury during camp contributed too. Not much of a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad