Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
First time the Sound Tigers have started off 5-0 in franchise history.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
That shot by Pulock was a bomb. Bridgeport plays Sranton-Wilkes Barre at 5.

Just got done watching last night's game. As you can see from the highlights what was impressive about that Pulock shot was that it wasn't a one-timer. He actually collected the puck and while skating backwards unloaded a bomb. Absolutely elite shot.

What they didn't show in the highlights was Pulock's play where he carried the puck up the ice, split the defense, skated into the slot and hit the crossbar. If you've ever seen Brian Leetch play that's exactly who he reminded me of on that play. Kid has some great skills.

BPT has 4 shorthanded goals in 5 games. Pretty crazy.

And now they have their third game in a row. What a grind.

This team is good and I think we have three keepers in Mayfield, Pulock, and Pelech. The future is bright for Isles defense.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I
Just got done watching last night's game. As you can see from the highlights what was impressive about that Pulock shot was that it wasn't a one-timer. He actually collected the puck and while skating backwards unloaded a bomb. Absolutely elite shot.

What they didn't show in the highlights was Pulock's play where he carried the puck up the ice, split the defense, skated into the slot and hit the crossbar. If you've ever seen Brian Leetch play that's exactly who he reminded me of on that play. Kid has some great skills.

BPT has 4 shorthanded goals in 5 games. Pretty crazy.

And now they have their third game in a row. What a grind.

This team is good and I think we have three keepers in Mayfield, Pulock, and Pelech. The future is bright for Isles defense.

Don't know if WBS played 3 in three this weekend, its tough but everybody does in both in junior and the AHL. Pulock isn't a one trick pony either, he can one time it or slap and vary the windup, his wrist shot is really good too.

All three of those D are not very far away.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
I

Don't know if WBS played 3 in three this weekend, its tough but everybody does in both in junior and the AHL. Pulock isn't a one trick pony either, he can one time it or slap and vary the windup, his wrist shot is really good too.

All three of those D are not very far away.

Last sentence, I agree, especially Pulock and Mayfield.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Just watched most of the BPT - Pens game today. They looked tired but there were some bright spots.

Petrov is starting to heat up. He was the best forward on the ice today. Really controlling the puck well and distributing on the tape. He was sheilding the puck well too along the boards. Yesterday he looked good against Providence as well, so hopefully he continues the upward trend.

Also Pulock and Mayfield had some nice rushes end-to-end. I think that competition is pushing them both to be better. Win-win for the Isles.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Possibly, but nothing more than a bottom 6 role. I do think he's very talented however.

He's gonna be the leading scorer for Bridgeport every year, he's very talented. Probably a waste to be on the 4th line in the NHL. Probably a talented 3rd line NHL center, but probably not with the Isles.

Last edited:

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Do you guys think Quine has NHL potential?

Potential? Yes. Most of his points come on the PP though. He's not a checking center so he won't anchor a traditional fourth line. I'd say if he wants to crack the NHL he'll have to start driving the play at regular strength. He doesn't really do that at the moment. Good shot though and he skates well. Will be fun to watch him develop.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Do you guys think Quine has NHL potential?

offensive guys in the AHL that are small and not particularly fast or elite talents will find it tough to make the NHL and especially a team like the Islanders that are trying to compete for a cup.

Not really suited to a bottom six and not good enough for top six. Maybe a depth player if he can play superb defense?

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
End of 1st.

Bridgeport 2 - Ice Caps 3

Pulock's goal deflected off Kearns so Pulock gets an assist. Mayfield's goal went in clean.

This game is wide open. IceCaps are very fast.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
End of 2nd. Bridgeport 2 - Icecaps 5

This game got chippy as hell. Barberio (Icecaps) came in with his knee out and clipped Beck. Carkner punched him a couple times. Vaive checked a guy hard but clean and the Icecaps jumped him.

Williams was pulled even though those goals wern't really his fault. Lots of fast breaks and odd man rushes.

Icecaps announcer is a horrible homer.

Switching to the Isles game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad