NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I'll be happy if Drysdale ends up like Ghost, 3rd pair, PP1 QB. That's all I expect.
York, Sanheim, Bonk and a player to be named later (probably drafted this summer) as the top 4.
Drysdale, Mills, Sotheran, Andrae, McDonald bringing up the rear.

Knock Torts all you want, but name all the players who played better after they left him.
Dubois, Seth Jones, . . .
Panarin was an elite scorer in CBJ, just had better talent around him in NY.
(2.80 pp/60 his 2nd season in CBJ, then 3.28, 3.04, 2.53, 2.45, 2.86 in NY)

Karlsson the only one who comes to mind, mostly b/c he wasn't behind 2 other young centers in Vegas.

What will make or break the Flyers will be Briere's decisions over the next 12 months or so.

Which Ghost? The one who was a solid 2nd pair guy or the one after his knees started to go and became a 3rd pair/PP 1 guy on good teams (1st pair on Zona, AMac was 1st pair on the Islanders).

I'd be happy with the later as the floor and the former as his ceiling.

You want to pair Drysdale with a physical, D-first partner to CYA.

The two strong spots? Wing and RHD.
The weak spots, LHD and Center.

Think we'll draft at least one LHD this summer, along with another C, hard not to, with so many picks in the top 40 (probably 5).

Your words, not mine
Drysdale needs a lot of work on defense, which makes you wonder about Anaheim's development and coaching. Could be as bad as Buffalo (see all the players who left and did better).

Flyers know that, that will be the focus with him this season, one reason they wanted to pair him with Seeler.
Were really questioning Anaheim's development and coaching? When was the last time the Flyers fully developed a prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad