Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Was at the game in Providence last night. Team is gutted right now. No Mayfield (upper body), and obviously no Pulock, Pelech, or Whitney. Pretty much got dominated the whole game.

So we left with 2 mins to go since Bridge was down 3-1. Now I find out Bridge scored two goals in the last 30 seconds and eventually win in an overtime penalty shot. Not a shootout, a penalty shot. Serves us right for leaving.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Was at the game in Providence last night. Team is gutted right now. No Mayfield (upper body), and obviously no Pulock, Pelech, or Whitney. Pretty much got dominated the whole game.

So we left with 2 mins to go since Bridge was down 3-1. Now I find out Bridge scored two goals in the last 30 seconds and eventually win in an overtime penalty shot. Not a shootout, a penalty shot. Serves us right for leaving.

Don't ever leave early. You paid the price of admission, get every minute worth.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Don't ever leave early. You paid the price of admission, get every minute worth.

Except when you're the only visiting fan in the building and your team is getting spanked while the tool behind you screams into your friend's ear who is only there to hang out with you. Then leave early. Or fight someone. :laugh:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Except when you're the only visiting fan in the building and your team is getting spanked while the tool behind you screams into your friend's ear who is only there to hang out with you. Then leave early. Or fight someone. :laugh:

You do what you must.

leonidas.jpg

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Really good to hear. I'm still holding hope that Finn eventually rounds out his game and becomes a solid contributor.

He's just 22 and drafted the same year as Reinhardt, Pokka and Pelech and none of them are established full time NHL'ers just yet. Heck even Pedan, Russo and Kichton who everyone loved were drafted in 2011 and they are still developing in the AHL. Don't know if Finn ever becomes a regular in the NHL but I have scene him play and like his game.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Wow, those things don't happen often, lol. Bummer that you missed it!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He's just 22 and drafted the same year as Reinhardt, Pokka and Pelech and none of them are established full time NHL'ers just yet. Heck even Pedan, Russo and Kichton who everyone loved were drafted in 2011 and they are still developing in the AHL. Don't know if Finn ever becomes a regular in the NHL but I have scene him play and like his game.

Didn't realize - he was drafted in succession after Collberg and Pokka. He seems like the useful kind of guy who would be in line to get called up next year if there are some injuries. Our LHD depth would go Leddy/CdH/Hickey/Pelech/Finn. I forgot about him when I was thinking that the cupboard was bare on the left side after Pelech (unless you count Czuzcman).

Glad to hear that he's progressing and playing well. Its good to have guys like him in the system who could step up if/when the need arises.

Edit - Didn't realize that he was in the ECHL and was only called up because of injury. Maybe he's not as ready as I thought. :o:

Last edited:

PROMputt

Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Didn't realize - he was drafted in succession after Collberg and Pokka. He seems like the useful kind of guy who would be in line to get called up next year if there are some injuries. Our LHD depth would go Leddy/CdH/Hickey/Pelech/Finn. I forgot about him when I was thinking that the cupboard was bare on the left side after Pelech (unless you count Czuzcman).

Glad to hear that he's progressing and playing well. Its good to have guys like him in the system who could step up if/when the need arises.

Edit - Didn't realize that he was in the ECHL and was only called up because of injury. Maybe he's not as ready as I thought. :o:

Really think that was more of a numbers thing and 'new guy' thing. You had Pelech, Mayfield, Pulock, The Churman, Carkner, Burroughs, and Graham all Islanders in front of him when he came over(they also sent Verhaeghe to the ECHL who came over with Finn and now Verhaeghe is playing top line minutes). Finn was very good at the ECHL level and when a spot opened at the Bridge took control of it. He is not NHL ready but I think he will be a NHL Dman sometime soon(I believe he is playing on the 2nd pair right now). Anyhow's if either plus Gibson do turn into anything it is a win as Grabner hasn't done much with Toronto and may be done as anything but a speed demon penalty killing weapon for some team.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Really think that was more of a numbers thing and 'new guy' thing. You had Pelech, Mayfield, Pulock, The Churman, Carkner, Burroughs, and Graham all Islanders in front of him when he came over(they also sent Verhaeghe to the ECHL who came over with Finn and now Verhaeghe is playing top line minutes). Finn was very good at the ECHL level and when a spot opened at the Bridge took control of it. He is not NHL ready but I think he will be a NHL Dman sometime soon(I believe he is playing on the 2nd pair right now). Anyhow's if either plus Gibson do turn into anything it is a win as Grabner hasn't done much with Toronto and may be done as anything but a speed demon penalty killing weapon for some team.

Thanks for the color. Very helpful for those of us that don't follow BP closely. Glad to hear he's doing well and has some potential.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Finn started the season in the bottom pairing when everyone was healthy, and was eventually sent to Missouri because of his poor defensive play (poor according to my eye and the coaches comments).

As injuries occurred in Bridgeport he was passed over on the depth chart several times (LaFranchise and Cullity were called up before him). He was called up recently because Mayfield, Pulock, Pelech, LaFranchise, and Burroughs are out. Hopefully he can seize this opportunity because he does have some offensive skills.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
5 in a row now. BPT beat Albany 4-2 yesterday.

Matt Finn with a goal and an assist

Finn has quadrupled his goal total and tripled his assist total in three less games so far this year with Sound Tigers than last year with the Marlies. ;)

YHSeajt.png

PROMputt

Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Quick Tigers update. 5-2 win over Portland today(big win as this is a team they are fighting for a playoff spot). Quinne w/3 assists(44 points in 53 games he was hurt for a while this year), Halmo 2 goals(his first 20 goal season) and Finn with another goal. Tanner Fritz, a Tiger/Missouri Maverick contract, has looked good in his first few AHL games.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Quick Tigers update. 5-2 win over Portland today(big win as this is a team they are fighting for a playoff spot). Quinne w/3 assists(44 points in 53 games he was hurt for a while this year), Halmo 2 goals(his first 20 goal season) and Finn with another goal. Tanner Fritz, a Tiger/Missouri Maverick contract, has looked good in his first few AHL games.

Anything like Mitch? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad