Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Quine with a natural hat trick. This guy needs to get a chance in the NHL.

I agree he deserves at least a look(don't think Cappy will even think about giving him a chance down the stretch this year as he almost always chooses vets to play). I have watched him play and I just cannot decide if he is '4A' or NHL material. The only way to tell would to be to give him a shot. Decent size and speed, good play-maker. Fun fact; he was originally drafted in the 3rd round by Detroit but then redrafted 2 years later by the Islanders in the 6th round. Almost always plays center.

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
Quine with a natural hat trick. This guy needs to get a chance in the NHL.
Unfortunately, many players get buried in the minors, when they are every bit as deserving to get a chance to play in the N.H.L as other more fortunate players get. How many current Islanders, including Strome, Bailey, Strait, Zidlicky or a few others would set Bridgeport on fire if they were playing down there or would they just be the same as they are here. Timing is everything when playing in the N.H.L and its definitely time Quinne got a chance, as he has earned it, especially when some of our guys take it for granted.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Unfortunately, many players get buried in the minors, when they are every bit as deserving to get a chance to play in the N.H.L as other more fortunate players get. How many current Islanders, including Strome, Bailey, Strait, Zidlicky or a few others would set Bridgeport on fire if they were playing down there or would they just be the same as they are here. Timing is everything when playing in the N.H.L and its definitely time Quinne got a chance, as he has earned it, especially when some of our guys take it for granted.

Definitely a timing thing. If you're on a bad club, you're more likely to get a call up for playing well than if you're with an organization that has a lot of very established players. If you're a defenseman on a team stacked with defense, well, you're not getting called up unless the injury bug strikes. Just take a look at how our prospects have struggled to crack the lineup. Some guys just never get a chance because they'd be bottom players at the NHL level if they made it. Very situational for those guys.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I believe Quine may just be getting a serious shot heading into next season. I just don't know where. I believe his ELC concludes this summer.

I suspect he'll get a two-way contract from some team. If he is an NHLer to be, I sure hope the NYI know this and keep him on board.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I believe Quine may just be getting a serious shot heading into next season. I just don't know where. I believe his ELC concludes this summer.

I suspect he'll get a two-way contract from some team. If he is an NHLer to be, I sure hope the NYI know this and keep him on board.

No logic to letting him go though. He seems to be making good progress and all he needs is a qualifying offer. An injury to the 4th line next season and he could be given a shot.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
They'll extend quine as long as he doesn't go to Europe. He'll get his shot in the preseason and if he doesn't make it he'll get waived. Seriously doubt they don't give him an offer.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/d...elp-push-sound-tigers-into-playoffs/172282544

The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the American Hockey League affiliate of the New York Islanders, are inching ever so close to securing their spot in the Calder Cup playoffs that begin next week.

With their magic number at two, they can punch their ticket as early as Friday evening as the first of three consecutive games to close out the 2015-16 regular season begins. The Tigers will face off with the Portland Pirates in Portland, the Albany Devils in New York on Saturday, then come back home to Connecticut on Sunday for the finale versus the Providence Bruins.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Ive never seen a Back to Back to Back.

Does the AHL do this a lot?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
CgF-fFdUIAAi7Hc.jpg

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Man I hope BP can do it. What a turn around for them.

It's real special too because they have been plagued with injuries.

It would be a real shame if they choked. They may have to play the juggernaut Toronto Marlies, who may be the most dominant team since the 11-12 Norfolk Admirals. Good opportunity for MDC to get a good sample of pro hockey before his contract kicks in.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Dal Colle looks ecstatic!

Just like when we drafted him.

(This is sarcasm)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Dal Colle looks ecstatic!

Just like when we drafted him.

(This is sarcasm)

There is actually a chance we might end up playing the Toronto Marlies(if we finish 5th in our division). Wonder if that can motivate him

All that being said depending on how this weekend goes we could finish as high as 3rd and as low as 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad