Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It's a weird playoff format. First 2 games in Bridgeport, final 3 in Toronto. Anybody who lives in Ontario and has the Leafs TV network, I believe all 5 games will be on that channel

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I'm gonna go see these BPT - Marlies games, finally get to watch BPT play live. Curious what kind of lineup they'll have for the playoffs.

Marlies are incredible. I've seen them live a bunch of times, I think they could give some NHL teams a challenge (well, I suppose they did since the Leafs last 20 games was basically the entire Marlies roster)!

Yup, the Marlies are ridiculous.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Does anyone think the Sound Tigers will sell out on Saturday?

I have to be in Fairfield all day Saturday and might try to go to the game that night.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Hey guys. Marlies fan in peace.

Will any of the players acquired in the Grabner trade play significant ice time this series? I'm assuming Nilsson and Gibson for sure. Will Finn or Verhaghe though?

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010

Will any of the players acquired in the Grabner trade play significant ice time this series? I'm assuming Nilsson and Gibson for sure. Will Finn or Verhaghe though?

Nilsson bounced, mutual contract termination pretty quickly after the trade. Gibson will be starting goaltender and Finn on D for sure.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I caught a bit of the game last night (1st period and part of the 2nd).

Team had a great 1st, but were totally ran over in the 2nd. Nylander is amazing. Guy is really something.

Our boy MDC wasn't very noticeable. Finn looked alright though.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

I still hold out hope for Verhaeghe and Finn. I don't know why, I just remember them being solid players in Junior, just will think it'll take a little more time than normal.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
The roster on Bridgeport looks particularly terrible but have one dude with a great name - Kane Lafranchise. They've been gutted of all their players. Not even Kearns is down there. Feel bad for them.

wellsZe

Feb 19, 2015
The roster on Bridgeport looks particularly terrible but have one dude with a great name - Kane Lafranchise. They've been gutted of all their players. Not even Kearns is down there. Feel bad for them.

I was at the game and Kearns was there and so was Mayfield. Great 1st period, but garbage after that. They ran out of line-up sheets, but I'm assuming Toronto sent some NHLers down to play. Will be in Brooklyn tonight so I'll miss game 2

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I have no clue why Pelech and Gibson aren't down there. If they not playing for us, they might as well be playing somewhere

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I was at the game and Kearns was there and so was Mayfield. Great 1st period, but garbage after that. They ran out of line-up sheets, but I'm assuming Toronto sent some NHLers down to play. Will be in Brooklyn tonight so I'll miss game 2

You're right, my bad, must've missed Kearns on the score sheet.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Carter Verhaeghe is having a very good playoffs with Missouri.
The Bridge is missing Quine, Whitney(hurt and gone for the year), Pulock, Pelech and Beck(traded away). Toronto is a stacked team, it will probably be short series...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I have no clue why Pelech and Gibson aren't down there. If they not playing for us, they might as well be playing somewhere

Extra guys to step in if need be. Pelech is the next man up on defense you'd have to think. Gibson, goalie insurance in case something happens when they are traveling?

edott

Mar 10, 2016
Gibson is in Toronto and expected to start against the team that traded him, but with injuries and callups asking to win tonight much less two more there is going to take a miracle.

Thompson's optimistic and Fornabaio had some good words from Collberg but between callups and that fight vs Albany they have gotten away from winning and really threw all they had at Marlies in 1st period of game one.

Crowds in Bridgeport were awful knowing that had playoff games coming, Wang should be thinking Coliseum after this but that's for another day.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
What's going on with Czuzman? Is he that far behind in development? I don't understand how he has so many more years experience and still hasn't got called since his last stint...

edott

Mar 10, 2016
Kearns had a hat-trick 4-1 lead turned into a 4-4 tie and Marlies scored two in third for 6-4 series sweep.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Dal colle, mayfield, czurczman, gibson, Kearns, halmo and maybe a few others will probably get called up now for the black aces.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's going on with Czuzman? Is he that far behind in development? I don't understand how he has so many more years experience and still hasn't got called since his last stint...

I saw him months ago, he didn't look bad honestly. He wasn't the best, but he was still better than Carkner. :nod:

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I saw him months ago, he didn't look bad honestly. He wasn't the best, but he was still better than Carkner. :nod:

This was the first year where I wasn't able to make it to one game (fatherhood took over), but was told by friends and my dad that Czuchman was Bridgeport's best defenseman this season. I'm curious to know his FA status, he may be a RFA or a group 6 UFA due to age and lack of NHL games played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad