Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I've always liked Halmo. I still remember when he destroyed Yakupov back in the OHL. No Church, he could be done with us. Too bad, he looked serviceable.

Dal Colle and Wotherspoon were definitely called up for "educational purposes ", being around a group of veterans will only help them grow as professional hockey players.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I am surprised they didn't call up Halmo just incase Martin ever gets injured.

On a side not I think Wotherspoon despite being 19 might be able to play for Bridgeport next season. Per the rules any player who has played 4 seasons of junior can play in the AHL. Wotherspoon played 5 games and some playoffs as a 15 year old(not sure if that will be enough to count as a season)

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I am surprised they didn't call up Halmo just incase Martin ever gets injured.

On a side not I think Wotherspoon despite being 19 might be able to play for Bridgeport next season. Per the rules any player who has played 4 seasons of junior can play in the AHL. Wotherspoon played 5 games and some playoffs as a 15 year old(not sure if that will be enough to count as a season)

I don't think so, I believe it must be 4 full seasons.

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
So coming from someone who has watched 95% of the Soundtigers games this season, I can say that Dal Colle looked terrible his entire time there. Yes I realize he had to learn a new system and was thrust right in the middle of games, but he wasn't very good at all. He was even demoted to the third line down the stretch.

As for Wotherspoon. I like his game. He adapted well and it will be interesting where he ends up playing next year. This is a guy that could log big minutes for Bridgeport in hte future.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
So coming from someone who has watched 95% of the Soundtigers games this season, I can say that Dal Colle looked terrible his entire time there. Yes I realize he had to learn a new system and was thrust right in the middle of games, but he wasn't very good at all. He was even demoted to the third line down the stretch.

For those that have played and watched MDC he is missing a lot for pro game. I strongly suggest
If there is a deal out there, MDC should be made available but my feeling
Is if I and other posters see this, he is somewhat worthless in regards to
What a #5 should bring in. Would have jumped all over a Drouin deal if
It was ever there a month or 2 ago. Isles made a huge mistake here.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I doubt they're planning with him from here on out.

He's a 4th line filler. Guy has fight and good hands, but he does not offer more than any other player on the team already. He's depth for as long as he wants to stay with us. I do like him, but he kinda reminds me of Wallace back when he was with us. He's good enough, but not to replace anyone.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It seems to me he would be a better option for a 4th line replacement considering his body of work and experience.

Right, and we don't have anybody from the fourth line out right now. Plus, I'm taking Bernier and his body of work/experience over Halmo for the playoffs.

TonyAndrock

Oct 26, 2013
Offseason Guide Part 1 - AHL Free Agents (Eastern Conference)

Here's a look at the 14 teams in the Eastern Conference, their free agents and who is under contract next season. This story will be updated to reflect all AHL player movement throughout the summer: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.c...ee-agents.html

Bridgeport Sound Tigers (New York Islanders)

Under Contract

Forwards: Michael Dal Colle, Tanner Fritz (AHL), Ben Holmstrom, Ross Johnston, Bracken Kearns, Kyle Schempp and Carter Verhaeghe

Defensemen: Kyle Burroughs, Matt Carkner (AHL), Matthew Finn, Jesse Graham, Loic Leduc, Adam Pelech and Devin Toews

Goaltenders: Eamon McAdam and Stephon Williams

Impending Free Agents

NHL UFA: defenseman Kevin Czuczman and forwards Marc-Andre Cliche, Justin Florek, Mike Halmo and Joe Whitney

NHL RFA: goaltender Chrisopher Gibson, defensemen Scott Mayfield and forwards Kirill Petrov, Alan Quine, Justin Vaive and James Wright

AHL UFA: defensemen Bryce Aneloski, Patrick Cullity, Kane Lafranchise and C.J. Ludwig and forwards Tyler Barnes, Jared Gomes, Anthony Greco, Josh Holmstrom, Connor Jones, Colin Markison, Jesse Root, Andrew Rowe and Sebastien Sylvestre

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Offseason Guide Part 1 - AHL Free Agents (Eastern Conference)

Here's a look at the 14 teams in the Eastern Conference, their free agents and who is under contract next season. This story will be updated to reflect all AHL player movement throughout the summer: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.c...ee-agents.html

Bridgeport Sound Tigers (New York Islanders)

Under Contract

Forwards: Michael Dal Colle, Tanner Fritz (AHL), Ben Holmstrom, Ross Johnston, Bracken Kearns, Kyle Schempp and Carter Verhaeghe

Defensemen: Kyle Burroughs, Matt Carkner (AHL), Matthew Finn, Jesse Graham, Loic Leduc, Adam Pelech and Devin Toews

Goaltenders: Eamon McAdam and Stephon Williams

Impending Free Agents

NHL UFA: defenseman Kevin Czuczman and forwards Marc-Andre Cliche, Justin Florek, Mike Halmo and Joe Whitney

NHL RFA: goaltender Chrisopher Gibson, defensemen Scott Mayfield and forwards Kirill Petrov, Alan Quine, Justin Vaive and James Wright

AHL UFA: defensemen Bryce Aneloski, Patrick Cullity, Kane Lafranchise and C.J. Ludwig and forwards Tyler Barnes, Jared Gomes, Anthony Greco, Josh Holmstrom, Connor Jones, Colin Markison, Jesse Root, Andrew Rowe and Sebastien Sylvestre

Lafranchise should get another contract. He has a good year with Bridgeport.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Really hope Joe Whitney is retained, team needed him. Also, I'd like for Dal Colle and Ho-sang have some great centermen to help them out.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Really hope Joe Whitney is retained, team needed him. Also, I'd like for Dal Colle and Ho-sang have some great centermen to help them out.

Whitney is a winger but I totally agree. He is skilled and plays hard. Good role model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad