Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
This team needs 2 decent veteran forwards. It would've been nice to see James Wright re-signed. I am not sure who is still available, but something needs to be done. You can't put all of this pressure on JHS and MDC. You need a few more vets like Kearns to compliment them in the lineup. Sure it's nice that depth has been brought in like the Jones twins and Winquist, but they are 4th line AHL/ECHL tweeners at best.

Also since Carkner has retired a veteran defenseman is needed to aid a very young D core.

Agreed.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
He always seemed like a better Martin (minus the fighting) when he played in the NHL. Was there something specifically wrong with him?

He really wasn't a physical presence like Martin. He would lay a big hit occasionally, but he wasn't out there punishing guys on every shift. Not many guys can, really. He was more of an agitator but without enough skill to make it in the NHL. Seemed like a good guy though and he always stuck up for his teammates. I was glad to see him get another contract.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
so we have...

Kearns - Quine - Holmstrom
MDC - Verheaghe - JHS
Johnston - Schempp - St. Denis
Connor Jones - Kellen Jones - Barisha
Winquist - ? - Fritz

Pelech - Burroughs
Finn - Graham
Toews -
Leduc -
Obuchowski -
Wotherspoon -
Juha -

Williams - McAdam

Justin Vaive and James Wright are RFA's? read this somewhere, but they aren't listed on the team website. this is a very young lineup, so yeah, we need some veteran presence.

update: Vaive is 27, so guessing that he is a UFA. Wright is 26, but no idea of his status.

Last edited:

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Dal Colle - Kearns - Ho Sang
St. Denis - Quine - Schempp
Johnston - Holmstrom - Berisha
K. Jones - Verhaeghe - Winquist

Pelech - Burroughs
Toews - Graham
Finn - Leduc

Gibson
Williams

They really could use some veteran help.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Dal Colle - Kearns - Ho Sang
St. Denis - Quine - Schempp
Johnston - Holmstrom - Berisha
K. Jones - Verhaeghe - Winquist

Pelech - Burroughs
Toews - Graham
Finn - Leduc

Gibson
Williams

They really could use some veteran help.

Up front, all of the wingers behind Dal Colle and Ho-Sang are AHL/ECHL tweeners. That group needs some serious work.

On D, Leduc shouldn't see AHL ice, and I'd like to see a veteran RHD brought in to bump Burroughs and Graham down.

LAPPY13

Apr 12, 2002
Long Island
NHL.com has Philippe Paradis as signed by the Islanders. Sure it's got to be a two-way deal for Bridgeport and provide some depth to system

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Every year Snow takes a flier on a failed former 1st round pick. Paradis is no different but could make a useful addition

I am unsure why they would sign him. They have plenty of AHL contract guys who could play the same role. Holmstrom is essentially the same player as Paradis.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
NHL.com has Philippe Paradis as signed by the Islanders. Sure it's got to be a two-way deal for Bridgeport and provide some depth to system

Link? It hasn't been reported on the BST website/twitter or by the BST beat writer.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Link? It hasn't been reported on the BST website/twitter or by the BST beat writer.

If you look under TB here, it says Paradis was signed by NYI. But it's weird, as it does not list Paradis as being signed when you look in the section for NYI. So it could just be an error. Not that it really matters much either way.

LAPPY13

Apr 12, 2002
Long Island

I don't have a link but if you go to NHL.com than free agent tracker scroll down to Tampa Bay than under Group 6 free agent you will see his named crossed out and it says NY Islanders( I first noticed it on July 2 I believe)

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
How on earth was Paradis drafted in the first round? The 2009 draft was a very good one. I think 90%+ from the first round are regulars or stars even...Carolina went off the board...

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
James Wright is still listed on the Isles website so maybe he's been re-signed and nobody was told? I miss the heap of nobodies signed for Bridge port though

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
James Wright is still listed on the Isles website so maybe he's been re-signed and nobody was told? I miss the heap of nobodies signed for Bridge port though

Nah, they would announce it if he re-signed. He was one of their better forwards.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
How on earth was Paradis drafted in the first round? The 2009 draft was a very good one. I think 90%+ from the first round are regulars or stars even...Carolina went off the board...

The Isles have to get that poor SoB at least one game in the NHL. He is the only first rounder from 2009 to not get in one game. Even five seventh rounders have logged at least one game. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad