Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
That team, as it stands now, will finish bottom of the league. They need some serious veteran presence and the Isles still have contract spots available so Snow should be sorting this out

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
That team, as it stands now, will finish bottom of the league. They need some serious veteran presence and the Isles still have contract spots available so Snow should be sorting this out

I don't know what on earth he is waiting for. After Strome and Gibson are signed there will only be 43 contracts. That also includes Wotherspoon, Beauvillier and Barzal who's contracts could all slide if they all go to juniors. By the start of the season the number needs to be 47 or 48 with 3-4 added for Bridgeport.

I am tired of a decade plus of losing or just making it to the playoffs only to be swept each time, this makes for a poor development program growing in a losing environment. Take a look at Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins, the team has made the playoffs like 15 years in a row, that success in the minors has made its way to Pittsburgh. This past season Murray, Sheary, Rust and Kuhnnachl all spent good parts in WBS. So my point is winning in the AHL often leads to winning in the NHL.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I don't know what on earth he is waiting for. After Strome and Gibson are signed there will only be 43 contracts. That also includes Wotherspoon, Beauvillier and Barzal who's contracts could all slide if they all go to juniors. By the start of the season the number needs to be 47 or 48 with 3-4 added for Bridgeport.

I am tired of a decade plus of losing or just making it to the playoffs only to be swept each time, this makes for a poor development program growing in a losing environment. Take a look at Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins, the team has made the playoffs like 15 years in a row, that success in the minors has made its way to Pittsburgh. This past season Murray, Sheary, Rust and Kuhnnachl all spent good parts in WBS. So my point is winning in the AHL often leads to winning in the NHL.

Looking around the league, it seems like most teams haven't started signing AHL depth yet. Why must we get angry at Snow for not rushing into giving contracts to minor leaguers when there are still 3 months until the season?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Snow may take another 4-5 AHL contracts back for someone like Halak closer to the beginning of the season.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Looking around the league, it seems like most teams haven't started signing AHL depth yet. Why must we get angry at Snow for not rushing into giving contracts to minor leaguers when there are still 3 months until the season?

From what I have seen most teams have filled out their ahl rosters already.. i will post a couple of links to help you.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Bridgeport re-signed Kane LaFranchise, Patrick Cullity and Connor Jones. Great to have bodies, but these guys won't prevent Bridgeport from being a terrible team.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I saw a blurb on Rotoworld.com that Daniel Cleary is looking for an AHL job. Apparently, once he came to terms with his demotion to Grand Rapids last year, he really enjoyed mentoring the kids.

He would probably be a terrific signing for the BST and could go a long way towards helping MDC, Ho-Sang and even players like Quine (if he starts in the AHL) prepare for the NHL.

I always liked Cleary as a player and was hoping the Isles would add him when he was back in his prime from 2006-2010 or so. It sounds like he still wants to play in the AHL, until he can't anymore, then transition to a coaching job down the line.

It would make sense for the Isles to give him a shot in that capacity. Get in on the ground floor now. He was a first rounder, well-traveled player and solid playoff performer during his career. I am sure he could teach the kids a lot.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I saw a blurb on Rotoworld.com that Daniel Cleary is looking for an AHL job. Apparently, once he came to terms with his demotion to Grand Rapids last year, he really enjoyed mentoring the kids.

He would probably be a terrific signing for the BST and could go a long way towards helping MDC, Ho-Sang and even players like Quine (if he starts in the AHL) prepare for the NHL.

I always liked Cleary as a player and was hoping the Isles would add him when he was back in his prime from 2006-2010 or so. It sounds like he still wants to play in the AHL, until he can't anymore, then transition to a coaching job down the line.

It would make sense for the Isles to give him a shot in that capacity. Get in on the ground floor now. He was a first rounder, well-traveled player and solid playoff performer during his career. I am sure he could teach the kids a lot.

Could be the role that Carkner had last year. Hopefully they make a couple of moves like this. And if push came to shove, he could skate for the big club in a pinch.

I'd love a couple of Dmen like this. Kyle Burroughs and Matt Finn are the next men up after Pelech/Mayfield. We should probably improve upon that if we can.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL

He was pretty good defensive d man for BP

Idk. I know Bridgeport barely squeaked into playoffs last year, but it seems last couple of seasons the team has been really lacking.

Maybe with Gibson (resigned 1 yr deal, NHL backup worthy potential), additions of Dal Colle, Ho-Sang they can do something offensively. But face it they have lost a lot of talent. Pulock, Mayfield, Pelech, Quine, all have made the jump to the Islanders. Defense seems to be the problem in BP and losing Czuczman is not gonna help them. They have a good group of young goalies tho.

Just saying that team could use some more help. Hopeful that new owners realize it. I'll stick up for myself if I get roasted for saying that because 90% of the time a good farm product means the NHL team is competent too. Grand Rapid Griffins(Red Wings), Syracuse Crunch(Lightning) Hershey, Wilkes Barre, all have been solid for a while and there parent clubs have been getting it done and making some noise at the NHL level.

Great teams have depth. When NHL players go down with injuries you can call a guy up and expect them to come in and contribute right away. Luckily we saw that last year with Quine & Pelech.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Agreed completely, I was hoping with new owners we would be seeing some more money spent on AHL vets.

It's possible that some weren't available or were rejecting the Sound Tigers offers for better AHL teams/Europe. We don't know if they didn't try.

That being said, just going through the FA list on Capfriendly, I'd love to offer contracts to Jeremy Welsh, Luke Adam, or Corban Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad