Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Can Berube even be traded? Doesn't he first have to go through waivers?

Waivers have nothing to do with being traded. He can be traded no problem. Isles clearly want the player in the system, he is a good player and prospect. Isles don't want to risk loosing him for nothing, and he knows that as a professional hockey player, he will gladly sit wit the team and get practice and learn and experience the grind of being an NHL player and being paid as one.

Last edited:

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Waivers have nothing to do with being traded. He can be traded no problem. Isles clearly want the player in the system, he is a good player and prospect. Isles don't want to risk loosing him for nothing, and he knows that.

I was remembering it wrong, looks like what I said only applies to players brought in from a European league.

Though I found this:

Once a team claims a player from waivers, it may not trade that player unless it first offers him to any other teams who made waiver claims for him.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I was remembering it wrong, looks like what I said only applies to players brought in from a European league.

Though I found this:

Oh wow, really? I thought that was just waiver rotation, how would the NHL/NHLPA even prove that though? An email saying that Snow asked for Kopitar straight up for Berube and Lombardi said no, so he is ok to trade elsewhere?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Oh wow, really? I thought that was just waiver rotation, how would the NHL/NHLPA even prove that though? An email saying that Snow asked for Kopitar straight up for Berube and Lombardi said no, so he is ok to trade elsewhere?

Kings have no say in this, it's about the teams that also tried to claim him. The way I understand it is Snow needs to agree to a trade with a team, like Berube for a 3rd, and then offer this trade to any other team that tried to claim him. Well, we don't even know if somebody else did try. Either way Snow gets the deal he wants so I guess this doesn't change anything.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Mayfield not with the team tonight. Did he not make it in time? He tweeted about this Isles game earlier today, so he's probably alive. Mildly weird.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
They fell 49 seconds short of making it 9 in a row today at Albany. The Devils tied it up late, and eventually won in OT. BPT at least picks up a pt.

How are Pulock (and Mayfield) looking these days? Anyone else of note standing out?

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
No Pulock, Mayfield, Pelech or Carkner --> 6 - 1 loss to Providence last night.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Keep an eye on Carter Verhaeghe. Decent size and the kid can play. The Islanders got him from Toronto in the Grabner trade.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Bridgeport had a really good chance to get 2 Pts last night but blew a 3-2 lead and lost 4-3 in a shootout to the baby rags.

Maybe with Malkin and Ledecky things will change with Bridgeport, perhaps money will be spent on quality free agents. Its frustrating year after year of having such a sucky team.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bridgeport had a really good chance to get 2 Pts last night but blew a 3-2 lead and lost 4-3 in a shootout to the baby rags.

Maybe with Malkin and Ledecky things will change with Bridgeport, perhaps money will be spent on quality free agents. Its frustrating year after year of having such a sucky team.

They're missing two of their top defenseman, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad