Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 18 days) - Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 92 53.2%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Mesar

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
TSN reporting Sens camp has a ton of physicality, checks being thrown everywhere and guys getting buried.

Torts putting his players through some crazy "The Rope" ritual that sounds like some Soviet military drill.

It must be hard to know how to ramp up intensity. We don't get to see any of the camp really, but I wonder how much MSL's approach differs to those around the league (if at all).

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
TSN reporting Sens camp has a ton of physicality, checks being thrown everywhere and guys getting buried.

Torts putting his players through some crazy "The Rope" ritual that sounds like some Soviet military drill.

It must be hard to know how to ramp up intensity. We don't get to see any of the camp really, but I wonder how much MSL's approach differs to those around the league (if at all).

It's not hard. It's quite unique.

It's the Grillo approach. We are seeing the first edition of the MSL cup. So far team Suzuki is the favorite with one round robin game left.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
It's not hard. It's quite unique.

It's the Grillo approach. We are seeing the first edition of the MSL cup. So far team Suzuki is the favorite with one round robin game left.

I mean, maybe, but we also just don't really know what we don't know.

Also who knows if bag skates and teammates hitting eachother and getting in scrums is even a good thing.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
idk if this has been answered yet but are we going back to the solid blue numbers with red outlines on our whites ? looks good on the practice jerseys

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Because the only info we get is from tweets and whatnot

So from mindless apes.....

Look, I'm far from being a Dvorak fan. In his first year here, he didn't fufill expectations as a 2C. Last year was a write-off because of injuries. He hasn't worked out for us as a Top 6 guy. But...

It's so ridiculous that some fans believe that he's not even good enough to be a 3C or 4C, that "he's a useless player" or a guy that will "bring down his linemates" and prevent them from getting points or fulfilling their potential.

Some people just can't think or see reality outside the lens of their own emotions.

Thank you, one of the few intelligent takes in this thread.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Look, I'm far from being a Dvorak fan. In his first year here, he didn't fufill expectations as a 2C. Last year was a write-off because of injuries. He hasn't worked out for us as a Top 6 guy. But...

It's so ridiculous that some fans believe that he's not even good enough to be a 3C or 4C, that "he's a useless player" or a guy that will "bring down his linemates" and prevent them from getting points or fulfilling their potential.

Some people just can't think or see reality outside the lens of their own emotions.
Fully agreed. The vets from MTL are all overpaid bottom 6ers but they are still NHL players.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
No. Kapanen is older than Suzuki was in his rookie season and Nick started as 4th line winger.

No one would seriously suggest that Nick would have been better off being sent to Sweden to avoid a stint on the 4th line.
Was going to Sweden even a option for Suzuki? He work is way up the line up pretty quickly, the team was trash not the same situation also Suzuki was a 1st rd pick and dominated (getting all the ice time) the OHL which is probably the easiest to project to NHL.
Kapanen has shown multiple flashes and great progress but hasn’t dominated either seasons, what is good for one player might not be ideal for another. Regardless of age he is going to be able to work is way in the top 6 like Suzuki.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think Struble has a definite edge frankly he was better last year for the slot they need him in.
He also has the ability to play both sides which is huge given he is likely going to be spelling players on either side.
Mailloux has to beat out Justin Barron and by a wide margin.
I think some tend to forget management won't graduate a player in to a chair they aren't suited for that isn't proper development.
There was injuries at LD last year… not saying Mailloux in front but there in the same category with Hutson locking a spot.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Listening to 690 yesterday they were Laine didn't have great day. Dach they were expecting more. Gallagher and Slaf on overhand looked great.

Sometimes it takes time to get back from injury. Chance may have to tweak our 2nd second line. Confidence issue or something I don't know.

Good to hear about Gallagher. If he's back to 33 goal Gallagher be quite shot in arm to team. They said he looks thinner, stood out. He's had a lot of injuries in past. Affects body after awhile. Hope he's 2014 Gallagher

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Some people would start drama about it:
"Habs brass hide Reinbacher from Michkov to hide their mistake?!1!1!1!"
tinfoil-hat.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There was injuries at LD last year… not saying Mailloux in front but there in the same category with Hutson locking a spot.
They are not the same animals and are certainly not vying for the same chairs.
Mailloux needs minutes PP minutes lots of minutes.
Unless there is an injury/trade on the right side I don't see him getting enough of them in Montreal.
Like it or not Justin Barron's ass is welded into that third pairing chair.

Mailloux's eventual chair is currently being occupied by one David Savard and most people understand that.
Seeing them pair Reinbacher with Matheson is another indication of how management sees things.
I really don't see how you equate Mailloux's situation with that of Lane Hutson? :huh:
We can get Hutson the minutes he needs on a third pairing with additional Ozone starts and PP minutes.
I don't see that same flexibility on that right sde.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Some people would start drama about it:
"Habs brass hide Reinbacher from Michkov to hide their mistake?!1!1!1!"
You have to believe at least Reinbacher wants a chance at covering him. He’s not unaware of what the Habs skipped over to get him. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of the coaches or GMs is of the view that hiding him sends the wrong signal about how much confidence they have in him.

I get you don’t want to risk something that hurts his confidence so early in his development but at the same time, by hiding him your saying that it’s too early for you to take on a guy in your own age group

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to not put him that pressure and they won’t dress him
One of the reasons we drafted him was because of his mental ability to block that shit out and play in our market.
They could also just as easily set it in front of him as a challenge it's actually a perfect test.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad