Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
don't remember the specifics, but he had 5 pp pts in his first 3 games, and everyone was raving about the howitzer. then what happened?

He stopped hitting the net/nelson, and they went through a cold spell. They've been rotating in various players on and off that unit with jt and ko the only consistent guys there. They tried strome on the point. They switched nelson with lee. They switched nielsen with lubo. They put nielsen back and tried lubo instead of boychuk. Hell, they even tried donovan there when some of the injuries happened.

Jt is just cold. When heats up the pp heats up.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He stopped hitting the net/nelson, and they went through a cold spell. They've been rotating in various players on and off that unit with jt and ko the only consistent guys there. They tried strome on the point. They switched nelson with lee. They switched nielsen with lubo. They put nielsen back and tried lubo instead of boychuk. Hell, they even tried donovan there when some of the injuries happened.

Jt is just cold. When heats up the pp heats up.

Quite the opposite.

There's rarely a guy in front the of the net screening the goalie anymore.

Nelson or Lee is often behind the net where JT should be.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Quite the opposite.

There's rarely a guy in front the of the net screening the goalie anymore.

Nelson or Lee is often behind the net where JT should be.

That's simply not true. Like every other pp they are rotating in and out of the front of the net.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Bridgeport shuts out Providence 2-0, Poulin with 34 saves. Goals by Collberg and Quine.
Thanks, D-REX. Nice to see Collberg score. I am unsure what to make of Quine. I never really thought much about his chances of making the NHL, but he has scored at a decent clip this season. Still, I'd have to think his chances, even as a 4th liner, are slim.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Thanks, D-REX. Nice to see Collberg score. I am unsure what to make of Quine. I never really thought much about his chances of making the NHL, but he has scored at a decent clip this season. Still, I'd have to think his chances, even as a 4th liner, are slim.

Collberg's first game since coming back from Stockton, hope he's finally healthy.
Don't know about Quine either, haven't seen any Bridgeport games. A long shot but not a bad guy to have on an AHL team.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Collberg's first game since coming back from Stockton, hope he's finally healthy.
Don't know about Quine either, haven't seen any Bridgeport games. A long shot but not a bad guy to have on an AHL team.

Who was back-up goalie, Simpson or Leggio?

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Was working back down in Pittsfield West Mass the last few days and got a chance to go watch the Sound Tigers game last night.

Poulin looks so much better than he did for us last season, hopefully this is him starting to realize his potential. He didn't swim around the crease much like he did for the Isles constantly. Had one great glove save on a break away.

Collberg looked good, took his goal extremely well from a breakaway against Malcolm Subban. The stint down in Stockton to get him going hopefully has worked because it would be nice if we had another natural RW option available for the Islanders in the near future.

First thing I noticed in comparison to seeing Bridgeport last year was the depth of talent on the roster is hugely different. Guys like McDonald and Conacher along with the kids making their pro debuts this season make the team very competitive.

Loved seeing the size on the blue line of Reinhart, Pulock, Mayfield and Czuczman. Reinhart and Mayfield look huge on the ice together as a shutdown pair. Pulock has improved considerably since I last saw him at the tail end of last season. Defensively he isn't nearly as much of a liability as he used to be, which is fantastic. Wouldn't be surprised to see him with the Islanders come playoff time, maybe have a Brock Nelson type of cameo.

About Reinhart, I've watched him quite a bit but I wish he would just go through the gears a bit more and use his size to completely dominate in the defensive zone. When he uses the body just to ease guys off the puck it looks so easy but he doesn't do it enough.

Really glad I made the trip to see the prospects playing though. Got me really excited for the future. Didn't get a chance to see Pelech who I think is a really interesting prospect for the future. I'm surprised the Sound Tigers are sitting bottom of their division with the talent on the roster.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Feb 22 , 2015 Norfork visits the sountigers.
Might be your last chance to see a FN ALLSTAR .
" Get your tickets as Dany Heatley leads Norfork into town"

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Pulock with another powerplay goal tonight. His 12th of the year. Tied for the team lead with CMac.

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise
Last night, Reinhart had a nice goal on an off-wing wrister from the high slot. BST wins today 4-3 with neither Pulock or Rhino playing. Any news on injuries?

onesinceforty

Jun 24, 2006
Last night, Reinhart had a nice goal on an off-wing wrister from the high slot. BST wins today 4-3 with neither Pulock or Rhino playing. Any news on injuries?

It seems impossible but news on injuries from BST is even less forthcoming than with the big club. How is that even possible????

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise
It seems impossible but news on injuries from BST is even less forthcoming than with the big club. How is that even possible????
Seriously.:shakehead I did find this:

Griffin Reinhart took warmup but sat out after blocking a shot and limping off Saturday. With Ryan Pulock (upper body) out, 6-foot-6 rookie defenseman Loic Leduc was on his way up from Stockton (ECHL).

[email protected]; http://twitter.com/fornabaioctp; http://blog.ctnews.com/fornabaio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad