Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I wouldn't get too worried yet. He's young and he's going to be inconsistent. It's nice that he's inconsistent with Bridgeport instead of the Isles though.

i think its implying he might be called up more than anything....which i dont like bc it means vis or boychuk may be out for a bit

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I wouldn't get too worried yet. He's young and he's going to be inconsistent. It's nice that he's inconsistent with Bridgeport instead of the Isles though.

I'm not worried about Pulock.

I'm worried someone is hurt and he's going to get called up...

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm not worried about Pulock.

I'm worried someone is hurt and he's going to get called up...

Oh I didn't even think about that! Just thought of it as he wasn't playing well defensively. I'm curious as to why you think he would be brought up now.

Boychuk seems day to day and Vis is going to be out a while in my opinion. I see an announcement coming this week but who knows. If only one dman is out Pulock would mostly be a healthy scratch with Donovan and Strait here. Strait sucks but Donovan has looked pretty good when given the chance.

What would your d pairings look like?

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Oh I didn't even think about that! Just thought of it as he wasn't playing well defensively. I'm curious as to why you think he would be brought up now.

Boychuk seems day to day and Vis is going to be out a while in my opinion. I see an announcement coming this week but who knows. If only one dman is out Pulock would mostly be a healthy scratch with Donovan and Strait here. Strait sucks but Donovan has looked pretty good when given the chance.

What would your d pairings look like?

I think Vis is out & JB is still day to day...

For whatever reason, Cappy doesn't want to use Leddy on the #1 PP, and Donovan doesn't have a great point shot...

So my guess is Strait & Pulock are in, Donovan sits.

Hammer-DeHaan
Leddy-Strait
Hickey-Pulock

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Nice to see Poulin playing well. I'm still a fan of his and hope he can become a solid backup at the very least.

I think Pulock being scratched is defiantly a sign of a call up. I haven't heard anything about him playing poorly. It's been the exact opposite actually. I think Boychuk will be fine but Vis will probably be out a while and they probably want to replace him with a player who can play a similar roll (I also don't think they like Strait and Donovan). I really believe Pulock will come up and force himself into the lineup permanently. He has the highest upside out of any defenseman in the organization in my opinion.

Last edited:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I think Vis is out & JB is still day to day...

For whatever reason, Cappy doesn't want to use Leddy on the #1 PP, and Donovan doesn't have a great point shot...

So my guess is Strait & Pulock are in, Donovan sits.

Hammer-DeHaan
Leddy-Strait
Hickey-Pulock

I'd play Donovan over Strait. Donovan's looked better this year and better in game 2 vs. game 1, he moves the puck really well. He was good on the PP, at passing anyway, he didn't have much luck with the shot.

That said, this is a great time to give Pulock a look. A booming shot on the PP with two of their PP-dmen out, I suppose.

I would have tried deHaan on the point too, deHaan and Leddy. They are both great passers. A "boom" would be nice though, and Boychuk was the only guy to do that this year.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I'd play Donovan over Strait. Donovan's looked better this year and better in game 2 vs. game 1, he moves the puck really well. He was good on the PP, at passing anyway, he didn't have much luck with the shot.

That said, this is a great time to give Pulock a look. A booming shot on the PP with two of their PP-dmen out, I suppose.

I would have tried deHaan on the point too, deHaan and Leddy. They are both great passers. A "boom" would be nice though, and Boychuk was the only guy to do that this year.

I agree with both bolded parts, i just don't think Cappy agrees...

I can't understand how Donovan can get PP time on the #1 unit, and DeHaan can't....

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Just got back from the game. It was a great time. Quick ferry ride and short walk. Anyone who lives somewhat near the PJ ferry, I recommend taking the trip. Few thoughts:

1. Poulin was amazing. Made at least two or three brilliant saves, including one towards the half-way point of the 3rd on a cross-crease one timer. He looked confident as hell. Perfect positioning at all times. Only a few rebounds that I can remember, but most were strategically placed into the corners. He looks like a different goaltender. Perhaps he knows that Johnson is struggling and smells blood, or perhaps he's just turned a corner in his development. Either way, he looked fantastic.

2. I focused on Reinhart all game, and all I can say is that the dude is as smooth as it gets. I can see why some think he floats, but the guy just recognizes every situation - knows when to turn it up, when to sit back and evaluate - when to get physical - when to pinch - everything. He thinks the game at such a high level. Defensively and with the puck on his stick. He's about as good as any D prospect I've seen with the way he uses his stick. His reach is ridiculous. I get why some would be concerned when looking at the scorecards, like tonight: 0 points, even. Watching him live though is a different story. He looked like a Pro.

3. Beyond Griff, most of the D played well. Pelech made a couple of mistakes, but he plays so aggressively and physical. Mayfield had a couple of bad icings where he was under no pressure, but other than that played a great game. Ness was solid but had a couple of turnovers(at least that I noticed - as I said, the only guy who I focused on all game was Griff). Collberg and McDonald had their moments. Collberg had a few shifts where he looked like an impact player, then the rest kind of seemed invisible. Looking forward to when he settles in to the NA game. Persson had a rough game, took a couple of bad penalties. Harry Zolkjdafhdfhkdja was probably the most noticeable forward. He looked great - always kept his feet moving.

I'd love to see some more offensive punch down there. The irony is, once guys like Dal Colle and Ho-Sang make it, our big names on defense will most likely be gone. Oh well, as long as Bridgeport continues to pump out solid NHLers(Nelson, Strome, de Haan, Zeek, Martin, etc.), I can live with whatever kind of team success they have. Great to see a win, though, and watching Poulin work was a treat.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'm hoping he is not really as bad as he has looked. The position calls for confidence and he has none. You can see him flinching when shots are directed towards the net, he is fighting the puck and more hoping they hit him than thinking he can stop them.

If Dunham has any ability as a goalie coach other than being Garth's former roommate, he will be able to get CJ back on track, relaxed enough to play better than e has. Make Steve Passmore look competent.

I wish we had a REAL goalie coach. I wonder who the Bridgeport goalie coach is, seems to be doing wonders for Poulin.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Our PP was horrible last night against the leagues worst PK. If Pulock is coming up it's to replace Donovan because he did nothing to help the PP. His numbers last night were the worst of everyone on the team.

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise
I wish we had a REAL goalie coach. I wonder who the Bridgeport goalie coach is, seems to be doing wonders for Poulin.

Maybe Johnson can use Halak's personal goalie coach? Halak consulted with him before the game in San Jose and we see what it did for him. Before speaking with his goalie coach Halak looked shaky, letting up soft goals from bad angles. He recognized that there was a problem and corrected it, so far that decision has paid off in spades, resulting in minimal movement and rebounds.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
my bet is Pulock is on his way up to the big team. doubt he plays though, with Donovan playing so steady. but, being a righty, he just might.

was listening to the game yesterday, and heard them say that Vaughn was playing defence. interesting. i like Scooter's play, as he has some grit to his game. not that i think he will ever have an impact at the NHL level, but some more grit in front our own net, even in BP, is welcome.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
my bet is Pulock is on his way up to the big team. doubt he plays though, with Donovan playing so steady. but, being a righty, he just might.

was listening to the game yesterday, and heard them say that Vaughn was playing defence. interesting. i like Scooter's play, as he has some grit to his game. not that i think he will ever have an impact at the NHL level, but some more grit in front our own net, even in BP, is welcome.
If he's coming up it's to play on the PP. We need a PP GB badly. Donovan's not that guy.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
If he's coming up it's to play on the PP. We need a PP GB badly. Donovan's not that guy.

i'm confident that in the long run, Pulock will outshine Donovan. but for right now, i can see Snow giving Pulock some acclimation time. providing that Donovan doesn't **** the bed next game.

i'm also happy with Strome on the PP point. for right handers, we have KO, Kool, Clutterbuck, Strome, Hamonic. i would have Strome on the 1st PP, and Hammer on the 2nd.

we desperately need another RH defenceman. with Vis and Boychuk both UFA's at years end, and Vis injury prone, right NOW would be a good time for a pick up...

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
i'm confident that in the long run, Pulock will outshine Donovan. but for right now, i can see Snow giving Pulock some acclimation time. providing that Donovan doesn't **** the bed next game.

i'm also happy with Strome on the PP point. for right handers, we have KO, Kool, Clutterbuck, Strome, Hamonic. i would have Strome on the 1st PP, and Hammer on the 2nd.

we desperately need another RH defenceman. with Vis and Boychuk both UFA's at years end, and Vis injury prone, right NOW would be a good time for a pick up...

If Pulock's coming up, my ideal top unit would be:

Strome - Lee - Tavares
Pulock - de Haan

Lee with the big body in front, and Strome/Tavares/CdH can all move the puck quickly - get the PK running around - open up some space for Pulock to unload that bomb.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
If Pulock's coming up, my ideal top unit would be:

Strome - Lee - Tavares
Pulock - de Haan

Lee with the big body in front, and Strome/Tavares/CdH can all move the puck quickly - get the PK running around - open up some space for Pulock to unload that bomb.

KO will be on the 1st unit

scott99

May 13, 2005
Seems like a lot of people are assuming Pulock sat because he is being called up, but there is no official news as to why he sat.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
A couple roster moves today:

The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced today that defenseman Mark Nemec has been recalled from the Colorado Eagles of the East Coast Hockey League and that forward Jason Bast has been signed to a Professional Try Out.

The New York Islanders announced today that they have recalled defenseman Griffin Reinhart on an emergency basis. The Islanders also reassigned forward Sebastian Collberg to the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL.

http://m.soundtigers.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=209792513&DB_OEM_ID=22700&

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Until their 3-0 win over Providence the other night, the Soundtigers had lost five in a row and were having a terrible time scoring goals.

Ouch...

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Regarding donovan: cappy avoided playing him on the right. I think they see him as exclusively a left sided dman. Strait has played both sides this year, as has leddy, and viz obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad