Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Pulock was a steal. Best d-man in years. Number 1 all-star type talent.
Collberg?
Hate him.
Griffin.
Pl!ease send him to Edmonton.

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
I know numbers wise he did pretty well (one assist and a plus-2 rating) considering the losses, but how did Pedan look?

fnfelon

Oct 12, 2013
Long Island
Pulock was a steal. Best d-man in years. Number 1 all-star type talent.
Collberg?
Hate him.
Griffin.
Pl!ease send him to Edmonton.

If you can argue anything its that you don't really know when prospects will finally "get it", I'm not trading Reinhart to Edmonton. Well perhaps for this years 1st, but not for anyone on their roster.

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
If you can argue anything its that you don't really know when prospects will finally "get it", I'm not trading Reinhart to Edmonton. Well perhaps for this years 1st, but not for anyone on their roster.

I think he meant send him down to his junior club, the Edmonton Oil Kings...which would be a terrible idea.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
loses 3-2 in OT vs Manchester, in Manchester. Manchester outshoots BP almost 2-1.

Pulock assist (PP) but was a -2.

Poulin 50 shots 47 saves, 2nd star. 5th in league in save %, at 93.1

BP 0-3-2-0 in past 5. still 3rd overall in their conference (win %).

added note: Manchester is 13-4-1-0.

at the quarter pole, it seems as though this team will be competitive.

Last edited:

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
loses 3-2 in OT vs Manchester, in Manchester. Manchester outshoots BP almost 2-1.

I know people are giddy about the numbers Pulock is putting up, but let's remember he stills needs a lot of work on his defense. He shouldn't be rushed.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

I wonder if Poulin starts to push Johnson, i know it has been said they do not want Poulin being a backup but he is putting up numbers in AHL that they can't ignore if Johnson continues to struggle.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
I wonder if Poulin starts to push Johnson, i know it has been said they do not want Poulin being a backup but he is putting up numbers in AHL that they can't ignore if Johnson continues to struggle.

johnson is the reason we lost this last game, im not sold on poulin but johnson has been turrible...

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY

Just not practical. Cj is signed for two on an nhl salary while poulin has a two way. Ultimately cj is a backup who is struggling and has been unlucky as well. It's not worth the cash.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Just not practical. Cj is signed for two on an nhl salary while poulin has a two way. Ultimately cj is a backup who is struggling and has been unlucky as well. It's not worth the cash.

Plus, we'd have to waive a skater which we all know is not happening.

JPIsles21

Jul 9, 2006

Struggling? Absolutely. Unlucky? Unsure about that. His save percentage is brutal. Being a backup goalie, rate stats fluctuate like crazy, as a string of 5 good games and he looks fine again. However, he has been a liability every time he has been out there. He does not look steady. His positioning is poor. His rebound control is terrible. He cannot handle the puck safely. When he has started, we have been getting below average goaltending. It's unfortunate, considering how good he was last year. However, if at the midpoint of the season, CJ is still struggling, the Isles need to pull the trigger and swap him for Poulin (given that Poulin continues to dominate).

Chad Johnson has undoubtedly been the worst player on the NYI this year. As good as we have been, it's no excuse to give away games due to bad goaltending regardless of salary. If Poulin continues to dominate, and Johnson continues doing what he is doing, you make the switch.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Struggling? Absolutely. Unlucky? Unsure about that. His save percentage is brutal. Being a backup goalie, rate stats fluctuate like crazy, as a string of 5 good games and he looks fine again. However, he has been a liability every time he has been out there. He does not look steady. His positioning is poor. His rebound control is terrible. He cannot handle the puck safely. When he has started, we have been getting below average goaltending. It's unfortunate, considering how good he was last year. However, if at the midpoint of the season, CJ is still struggling, the Isles need to pull the trigger and swap him for Poulin (given that Poulin continues to dominate).

Chad Johnson has undoubtedly been the worst player on the NYI this year. As good as we have been, it's no excuse to give away games due to bad goaltending regardless of salary. If Poulin continues to dominate, and Johnson continues doing what he is doing, you make the switch.
Can not disagree with any of the above ^.
Just pray to the hockey Gods that Jaro remains healthy.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I'm hoping he is not really as bad as he has looked. The position calls for confidence and he has none. You can see him flinching when shots are directed towards the net, he is fighting the puck and more hoping they hit him than thinking he can stop them.

If Dunham has any ability as a goalie coach other than being Garth's former roommate, he will be able to get CJ back on track, relaxed enough to play better than e has. Make Steve Passmore look competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad