Friedman: Brandon Saad Possible Trade?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
This doesn't make much sense to me. "Almost" a healthy scratch? So he wasn't? His point totals are right where they should be. And Columbus is rolling right now. So they're going to dump one of their best forwards mid-season because they're cheap?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I have absolutely no idea why Friedman is so respected on here. People act like he's Bob McKenzie but McKenzie is usually right with his rumors, Friedman a lot of the time is completely wrong. It seems here he's just throwing **** at a wall, like he has absolutely nothing to back this one up.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'd love to get Saad on Sid's LW but I just don't see it happening. We don't make good trade partners.

If there's one team I think that should be in on this, it's the Devils. They help with the cap relief and they have so good picks and prospects to send back their way. I do believe Columbus would take picks/prospects back just to get the cap relief. If you look at who they have waiting in the wings, opening up cap space and a position for those young guys could help a lot.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I have absolutely no idea why Friedman is so respected on here. People act like he's Bob McKenzie but McKenzie is usually right with his rumors, Friedman a lot of the time is completely wrong. It seems here he's just throwing **** at a wall, like he has absolutely nothing to back this one up.

That's the thing: Friedman at no point claims this is actual activity or a rumour. He's very clear that he's speculating; it's not his fault there are a bunch of people who are either sorely lacking in reading comprehension skills or don't care what he's actually saying.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I see Friedman as basically a league-wide equivalent of Portzline (the Jackets beat writer) - in both cases, the guy's excellent when he has actual sources and he gets them pretty consistently, but you have to learn to recognize when he's doing his own speculation and pay no attention whatsoever to same when that happens because he's just bad at it. So, so bad.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
This entire rumor is about a week and a half late. Here is what happened:

In OT against the Kings, Saad missed an assignment which led to Doughty scoring the GWG. Then against the Blues, Saad got beaten by Tarasenko who scored the GWG again in OT. After the game, Torts went off about Saad not giving his full effort and what not.

Saad was then put on the 4th line for practice. He was scheduled to be a healthy scratch against Anaheim. But Dubinsky suffered an upper body injury right before the game, so Saad drew in. He played 19 minutes and got a goal and an assist.

Haven't heard anything about it since.

Columbus is playing really well. Saad is just under a PPG. Columbus has ~$2 million in cap space. If someone were to be moved, it isn't him.

Friedman is an idiot.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
This entire rumor is about a week and a half late. Here is what happened:

In OT against the Kings, Saad missed an assignment which led to Doughty scoring the GWG. Then against the Blues, Saad got beaten by Tarasenko who scored the GWG again in OT. After the game, Torts went off about Saad not giving his full effort and what not.

Saad was then put on the 4th line for practice. He was scheduled to be a healthy scratch against Anaheim. But Dubinsky suffered an upper body injury right before the game, so Saad drew in. He played 19 minutes and got a goal and an assist.

Haven't heard anything about it since.

Columbus is playing really well. Saad is just under a PPG. Columbus has ~$2 million in cap space. If someone were to be moved, it isn't him.

Friedman is an idiot.

To be fair, that's been widely known for YEARS.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not really. We'd be looking for good younger centers, and while that's a fill-in improvement for us right now that's arguably NYI's biggest need. I doubt we'd get anywhere.

Barzal and Beauvillier, no?

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
Friedman is the guy who reported that Radulov will sign with the KHL Ufa, Kucherov will be signed for a long term deal like Hedman and Shipachev will play for Montreal. He's in Eklund territory already.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Back to Chicago would be unreal

This would never happen.

Actually the only way it might be remotely possible would be if the guy in your username goes the other way, in which case, I and the majority of Hawks fans would not be interested.

But regardless, I highly doubt Saad is even available at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad