Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Just the nonsense about opinions being less valid because Brady “flexed” on the wings.

I also agree he’s a first line player and said it several times. Top 6 players are also first line players. He’s just not elite.

Larkin is a good PPG first line C who’s also much better than Brady defensively; I can admit he wouldn’t return a top 6 forward ,a young 1-2D and a top 5 pick like someone in here said Brady would. And really wouldn’t return anywhere near what Sens fans are acting like Tkachuk would demand. See how easy that is.

Sure man, I misspoke then. Brady is a good top line player, not elite, and not worth anywhere near the offers in this thread.

As a huge Brady fan, I don't think Brady returns what that other Sens fan mentioned, that's just a typical biased Sens fan getting ridiculous lol..

However, I do think he would command one of the highest premiums out of any player in the NHL based on the total package he brings. I think McDavid/Bedard/Makar/MacKinnon are in the absolute top tier for me. In the second tier, it opens up and becomes very debatable on who is there from a value perspective, but that's where I'd put Tkachuk's value. Is he elite? I think he's an elite power forward, not necessarily your typical elite forward though. PPG last season is close to that conversation.

He's off to a slow start this season at the 1/4 mark (as is the entire Sens team, they're complete dogshit right now), with most teams having 5 games in hand, and still pacing for 40 goals. It'd take one hell of a package to pry him away.

Btw, love Larkin, the dude is a stud.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
As a huge Brady fan, I don't think Brady returns what that other Sens fan mentioned, that's just a typical biased Sens fan getting ridiculous lol..

However, I do think he would command one of the highest premiums out of any player in the NHL based on the total package he brings. I think McDavid/Bedard/Makar/MacKinnon are in the absolute top tier for me. In the second tier, it opens up and becomes very debatable on who is there from a value perspective, but that's where I'd put Tkachuk's value. Is he elite? I think he's an elite power forward, not necessarily your typical elite forward though. PPG last season is close to that conversation.

He's off to a slow start this season at the 1/4 mark (as is the entire Sens team, they're complete dogshit right now), with most teams having 5 games in hand, and still pacing for 40 goals. It'd take one hell of a package to pry him away.

Btw, love Larkin, the dude is a stud.
Fair enough. I honestly don’t get the point of this thread because there’s no universe in which Ottawa trades him anyways.

Reactions: h2

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
There's no point in revisiting because it's simply not debatable. You LITERALLY cannot debate that a PPG Power forward is not more rare than a #1 RHD. Try it. You won't be able to. I'll listen if you can.

I mean, you did make a contradiction. You didn't let it go.

That's clearly not what happened at all. Again, I'm agreeing with how you evaluated Johansen. He was not dog shit at the time. Columbus did not add anything to get Jones. I'm not sure why you're being stubborn here other than it completely destroys the notion of your OP.
You keep saying ppg, when he did it once, that is not a "ppg forward". He did it once, not every year, he is not his brother.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You keep saying ppg, when he did it once, that is not a "ppg forward". He did it once, not every year, he is not his brother.

Nobody is saying he is a 100 point player like his bother became. Though Brady has a nearly identical stat line after his first 5 seasons. Nobody has suggested such. The projection is that he will continue to hover around PPG for the foreseeable future. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that a player with less than 400gp will continue to play at a level over the next 300gp. Maybe we can start calling him a 80 point player, sure he has only done it once. More than the likes of Larkin, Debrincat etc can say. The argument you present is such a lazy and dishonest position. If I went thread to thread calling Larkin a 65-75 point player I sure as hell would expect to be quoted by the usual DRW army.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Nobody is saying he is a 100 point player like his bother became. Though Brady has a nearly identical stat line after his first 5 seasons. Nobody has suggested such. The projection is that he will continue to hover around PPG for the foreseeable future. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that a player with less than 400gp will continue to play at a level over the next 300gp. Maybe we can start calling him a 80 point player, sure he has only done it once. More than the likes of Larkin, Debrincat etc can say. The argument you present is such a lazy and dishonest position. If I went thread to thread calling Larkin a 65-75 point player I sure as hell would expect to be quoted by the usual DRW army.
Dishonest? Sorry, I call it the truth, cause that's what it is. Ftr I wouldn't call Larkin a ppg forward either, though I'm not sure why you brought him or any other Redwing up. Sure close to the same stat line as Matt for the first 5 seasons, so I guess you expect Brady to be over a 100 point player this year and next right? Just like Matt did his 6th and 7th seasons, or did you bring up the first 5 seasons for no reason just like the Larkin and debrincat comment?

Reactions: Bluenotes27

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I love when posters just throw out their opinion and call it "the projection". Just flat out making things up to pretend like it's some sort of concensus.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Why is it ONLY Detroit fans that keep coming back to this?? You guys can’t help yourselves.

HE DID PPG IN THE LAST FULL SEASON, it’s not like I’m referencing something from 5 years ago. He’s also shown improvement in every season thus far. He’s off to a bad start this year as is the team and is still pacing for over 40 goals. I have absolutely zero doubt that he won’t do PPG multiple times again moving forward.

Such a pointless detail.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How so?
Brady is a good first line forward. He is not an elite forward. Does he have that potential? Sure. But you guys are acting like he’s certain to reach it…when that’s nowhere near a certainty.

It’s like me stating Lucas Raymond is an elite first liner because he has that potential. He’s not…he is a 21 year old good top 6 player who has done well on the 1st line this year and looks like a good bet to be a 60ish pt player. Can he be more? Certainly. But I’m not going to pretend like his value is there because he hasn’t shown that.

The personal attacks don’t really help your case. Once again, the team that Sens fans insist has multiple superstar 1st liners, multiple top pairing D, the deepest top 9 in the NHL, is near the bottom of the standings. It’s coaching for sure - oh wait, they haven’t won a game with the new coach yet either.
You know what doesnt help your case? Terrible arguments that make no sense and prove how bad your takes are. Lucas Raymond didn't score 83 points. How do you not see the difference. Lucas Raymond is 5'10 skilled winger they are a dime a dozen. 6'4 power forwards that score 80+ points and pace at 35 + goals are in a completely different ball park. Don't try and deflect to personal attacks. You're flat out wrong.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Like OP said, this trade isn't happening so it's all kind of moot. Trading Brady would signal another rebuild for Ottawa, which is stupid as he just turned 24 and is under contract until 2028. They have been trash this year and failed to take a step forward, but management needs to give them at least half a season under a new coach to truly evaluate their core group of players. DJ was a solid coach for the rebuilding years but was never the guy to get them to the next level. I am not sure if Martin is, but he is just a stop gap for now.

Until maybe 2028, there should be almost no thought to trade any of Tkachuk, Stutzle and Sanderson. The rest around them can be shaken up but that is still one of the best U24 cores in the NHL and should not be touched.

With regards to trade value, there isn't much precedent other than maybe a lesser version of the Matthew Tkachuk trade.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Why is it ONLY Detroit fans that keep coming back to this?? You guys can’t help yourselves.

HE DID PPG IN THE LAST FULL SEASON, it’s not like I’m referencing something from 5 years ago. He’s also shown improvement in every season thus far. He’s off to a bad start this year as is the team and is still pacing for over 40 goals. I have absolutely zero doubt that he won’t do PPG multiple times again moving forward.

Such a pointless detail.
So, If Brady keeps up his 60 point pace we are going to see Sens fans calling him a 60 point player next year? No, we know Sens fans will continue to hold Brady to being his very peak season and still claim he “projects“ to be better. It’s fantasy. It’s not like he’s that far off the 67 point season from two years ago. Sens fans should label him a 60 point player but they won’t.

When you label a player a whatever point player that’s supposed to be their expectation. One year is not the expectation.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
So, If Brady keeps up his 60 point pace we are going to see Sens fans calling him a 60 point player next year? No, we know Sens fans will continue to hold Brady to being his very peak season and still claim he “projects“ to be better. It’s fantasy. It’s not like he’s that far off the 67 point season from two years ago. Sens fans should label him a 60 point player but they won’t.

When you label a player a whatever point player that’s supposed to be their expectation. One year is not the expectation.

Oh, look another Red Wings fan! I'm shocked!

If Brady puts up multiple 60 point seasons the next few years, then yes, he's a 60 point player. However, he's coming off a PPG season, so there's absolutely no problem calling him a PPG player right now.

This is such a stupid argument, holy shit..

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Brady T is a 60 pt player...........there is a big enough amount of history in the league to see that......good player with some intangibles....but there is no way he is getting dealt unless he pulls a Matthew and wants out of a Canadian market....

Then, everyone can argue his value...

If Brady puts up multiple 60 point seasons the next few years, then yes, he's a 60 point player. However, he's coming off a PPG season, so there's absolutely no problem calling him a PPG player right now.

Because ONE good year always defines a players success??
Or should you consider his almost 400 games played??

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Brady T is a 60 pt player...........there is a big enough amount of history in the league to see that......good player with some intangibles....but there is no way he is getting dealt unless he pulls a Matthew and wants out of a Canadian market....

Then, everyone can argue his value...

Because ONE good year always defines a players success??
Or should you consider his almost 400 games played??

One good year, meaning his last full season? Seems relevant to me. It's not like he's going back to reverting to a 60 pt player for multiple years like you are trying to portray it.

You do realize players develop? There's been upward trends in his play every year. What Brady was in his first year is not indicative of what he is right now. I'm actually surprised I need to have this conversation on hfboards.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012

So ignore this year and 2 years ago (AND EVERY OTHER YEAR HE HAS PLAYED) and focus on ONE YEAR because you want to win a fantasy trade on HF. Keep going wild.

Reactions: BLONG7

h2

Mar 26, 2002
So ignore this year and 2 years ago (AND EVERY OTHER YEAR HE HAS PLAYED) and focus on ONE YEAR because you want to win a fantasy trade on HF. Keep going wild.

Yes, let's hold his first few years in the league as a developing player on a garbage team as the current state of his game.

Very insightful.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
One good year, meaning his last full season? Seems relevant to me. It's not like he's going back to reverting to a 60 pt player for multiple years like you are trying to portray it.

You do realize players develop? There's been upward trends in his play every year. What Brady was in his first year is not indicative of what he is right now. I'm actually surprised I need to have this conversation on hfboards.
Oddly enough, he is on pace for 61 pts this season............you do realize players can have career years and then revert to exactly what they are??

He will not be a PPG player unless he puts up those numbers for the next 5-6 seasons......
We will all stay tuned....the facts show us he is not yet a PPG. Somewhat, simple math.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Oddly enough, he is on pace for 61 pts this season............you do realize players can have career years and then revert to exactly what they are??

He will not be a PPG player unless he puts up those numbers for the next 5-6 seasons......
We will all stay tuned....the facts show us he is not yet a PPG. Somewhat, simple math

And you do realize that he's a developing player still? I feel pretty safe admitting last year was not Brady's career year lol.. He's also on pace for 40+ goals despite having a bad start to the year. But no, lets use the 1/4 mark of the season season to dictate exactly what he is for the rest of his career. Brilliant take.

By all means, let's revisit this in a few years.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

Such a pointless detail.
Only a sens fan would think a player who went ppg once means he is a ppg career player.

Reactions: TS Quint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad