Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Let me rephrase it since it's hard to comprehend.

Despite Brady having a similar stat line through his first 5 season's nobody expects or has expected Brady to have a similar jump in production that Matthew had. I think it's reasonable to expect him to be around PPG over the upcoming seasons.

That of course is in response to your comment that Brady isn't his brother, something nobody has claimed. To be even more clear PPG does not mean 100 points in a season.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
His uniqueness doesn’t automatically make him better. Seider is a physical 1D in the mold of Pronger, of which there are few in the modern NHL. This doesn’t mean he’s better than Adam Fox just because he’s more unique.
He’s nothing like Pronger lol.

Interesting you still won't say why you brought that comment up, or admit it was pointless.
Time to admit you were wrong.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He’s nothing like Pronger lol.

Time to admit you were wrong.
He’s the closest thing in the modern NHL. No player will ever be like Pronger again because the game has shifted heavily away from that style of play.

Regardless, it’s completely beside the point. Pronger himself was a unique player during his time as well. Doesn’t mean he was better than lidstrom.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
His uniqueness doesn’t automatically make him better. Seider is a physical 1D in the mold of Pronger, of which there are few in the modern NHL. This doesn’t mean he’s better than Adam Fox just because he’s more unique.
Dylan Larkin is not the Adam Fox of forwards.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's a bit of a shame its not the late 90s when GMs still wheeled and dealed blockbuster trades, would be fun to see the brothers united. Will likely never happen though

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Well since Matthew is very happy in south Florida and has a NMC, Marner and Nylander might be enough to get Brady.

Everyone has a NMC, trades don’t happen like this in the NHL anymore anyways.

NMC and cap bullshit make the league effectively a ‘no trade league’

But, also, no thanks lmao Brady isn’t worth both Marner and nylander

It's a bit of a shame its not the late 90s when GMs still wheeled and dealed blockbuster trades, would be fun to see the brothers united. Will likely never happen though

I agree, and I think it’s totally the leagues fault. They need to make some changes to the cap and contracts, etc to open up the avenues for trades again

Reactions: Menzinger

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
1703389326587.png

Big game from the captain

Attachments

• 1703389293385.png
    1703389293385.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 2

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Kuzmenko
Willander
Raty

You get a stud winger, 39 goals last year, rough start to this year but potted two tonight.
Blue-chip RHS top pairing potential Dman.
B-Tier Center prospect who's paying his dues in the AHL. Good progression season for him this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Sting

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Zero chance Tkachuk is traded. He's a unique player, and is their leader, and has term on his contract. New ownership / management looks patient, just took over and won't panic, that would be stupid.

Of course, other fans would love to get their hands on a Tkachuk.

Ottawa might mix it up by trading a player or 2 from their young core, but no way Brady is traded.

Tkachuk, Stutzle, and Sanderson are untouchables.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Common enough that you can literally draft one every single year like I said. The same cannot be said for a top line power forward. I don't think you can really debate this.

For the comparison, I don't think in hindsight it was a good get for Nashville, but I was using it more for the value side of things. I think Jones and Seider have similar value at the time. I think Tkachuk has more value than Johansen at the time, there was no adding that took place.
There are top line powerforwards every draft dude.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
hate the salary cap!!!!!!!!
if no cap we could have both Tkachuk brothers

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Do they? Matthew Tkachuk coming off a 109 point season, FAR better than what Brady has done, got an aging Huberdeau and Weegar. At the time people also felt that Calgary was robbed, so it’s not like that was felt to be fair value.

What other scoring PWF have been traded and commanded high values? Crouse as a prospect was traded for a 2nd and a 3rd, so it’s not like he was valued super highly then. I can’t even think of other PWF that were traded. Just because something is rare doesn’t mean it’s automatically high value.

I apologize on behalf of wings fans for this post.
Alex Tuch? Timo Meier?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
trading him would be a mistake. should be the no.2/no.3 least movable player on the team. keep stutzle, sanderson, and tkachuk, everyone else is negotiable.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad