Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Only a sens fan would think a player who went ppg once means he is a ppg career player.

Once? You mean the last full NHL season? You word it as if he's a 30+ year old forward.

He's a much better player than he was the first few years, and has been on an upward trend every year. The current season is the first time I've seen him struggle (as is the entire team) and he's still pacing for 40+ goals. This is a disingenuous comment and you know it.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Haha. not dishonest. Nope.
What's dishonest, you saying the brothers have similar paths the first 5 years, acting like they are equal, or me asking if you think they will continue the same trajectory, which would mean brady will turn into a 100 point player in years 6 and 7? Dishonest is pretending because he had 1 season at a ppg that makes him a career ppg player.

Once? You mean the last full NHL season?

He's a much better player than he was the first few years, and has been on an upward trend every year. The current season is the first time I've seen him struggle (as is the entire team) and he's still pacing for 40+ goals. This is a disingenuous comment and you know it.
Disingenuous is acting like because he did it once means he will automatically do it every year after.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What's dishonest, you saying the brothers have similar paths the first 5 years, acting like they are equal, or me asking if you think they will continue the same trajectory, which would mean brady will turn into a 100 point player in years 6 and 7? Dishonest is pretending because he had 1 season at a ppg that makes him a career ppg player.

Disingenuous is acting like because he did it once means he will automatically do it every year after.
lol, poster never said he was a 100 player

Reactions: Korpse

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Just the nonsense about opinions being less valid because Brady “flexed” on the wings.

I also agree he’s a first line player and said it several times. Top 6 players are also first line players. He’s just not elite.

Larkin is a good PPG first line C who’s also much better than Brady defensively; I can admit he wouldn’t return a top 6 forward ,a young 1-2D and a top 5 pick like someone in here said Brady would. And really wouldn’t return anywhere near what Sens fans are acting like Tkachuk would demand. See how easy that is.
Brady is a unique 24 year old player, Larkin is a common top 6 C and is 27.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Nobody said he was his brother, nobody said he has been a career ppg player, nobody has said he will be a100pt player. I specifically said nobody expects that from him. You are making these arguments, against nobody, it's in bad faith.

h2

Mar 26, 2002

He's clearly not a PPG career player, but he did post PPG last season, and I'm very confident he will do it again - very pointless semantics here. I must ask why it's very important to you as a Detroit Red Wing fan to have to fight this battle though? Is Tkachuk flexing on your team last year still in your head?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Brady is a unique 24 year old player, Larkin is a common top 6 C and is 27.
His uniqueness doesn’t automatically make him better. Seider is a physical 1D in the mold of Pronger, of which there are few in the modern NHL. This doesn’t mean he’s better than Adam Fox just because he’s more unique.

Reactions: wintersej

h2

Mar 26, 2002
His uniqueness doesn’t automatically make him better. Seider is a physical 1D in the mold of Pronger, of which there are few in the modern NHL. This doesn’t mean he’s better than Adam Fox just because he’s more unique.

I would take Seider over Fox though, but that's just my opinion and style I like to have my teams.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
One good year, meaning his last full season? Seems relevant to me. It's not like he's going back to reverting to a 60 pt player for multiple years like you are trying to portray it.

You do realize players develop? There's been upward trends in his play every year. What Brady was in his first year is not indicative of what he is right now. I'm actually surprised I need to have this conversation on hfboards.

He’s not reverting back to a 60 point player? I mean I guess you’re technically right, he’s reverted back to a 61.5 pace this season, very disingenuous to call him a 60 point guy. He’s tied in goals with Michael Carcone after all, that’s elite company.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No, he said their first 5 years were very similar, but let's pretend he wasn't hinting he expects the same that Matt did. Or was his point of similar first 5 years completely pointless and irrelevant?

Maybe it’s a comprehension issue, this btw is in response to saying Brady isn’t his brother. An argument nobody has made.

Nobody is saying he is a 100 point player like his bother became. Though Brady has a nearly identical stat line after his first 5 seasons. Nobody has suggested such. The projection is that he will continue to hover around PPG for the foreseeable future.

That’s not hinting at anything. I clearly laid out a projection moving forward that was not 100 points. I don’t understand how I could be more clear.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Maybe it’s a comprehension issue, this btw is in response to saying Brady isn’t his brother. An argument nobody has made.

That’s not hinting at anything. I clearly laid out a projection moving forward that was not 100 points. I don’t understand how I could be more clear.
So saying that their production was similar the first 5 years was like I said, pointless and irrelevant, I agree.

Reactions: TS Quint

h2

Mar 26, 2002
He’s not reverting back to a 60 point player? I mean I guess you’re technically right, he’s reverted back to a 61.5 pace this season, very disingenuous to call him a 60 point guy. He’s tied in goals with Michael Carcone after all, that’s elite company.

Still pacing for 40+ goals. Carcone playing out of his mind doesn't diminish that lol

I love this mindset though. Pacing at 61 points at the quarter mark of a brutal season is completely the final form of Brady Tkachuk. Ultimately, this is a topic that will need to revisit in a few seasons. He's a young forward and I think he'll do PPG again, let's find out.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
He's clearly not a PPG career player, but he did post PPG last season, and I'm very confident he will do it again - very pointless semantics here. I must ask why it's very important to you as a Detroit Red Wing fan to have to fight this battle though? Is Tkachuk flexing on your team last year still in your head?
If you think that was a flex, that's cute, you must be new to hockey. I mean if that's a flex, how about all the flexing sens fans did at the start of the year, about how much better the sens are than the Wings and how much higher they were gonna be than the Wings. How did that work out for you?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So saying that their production was similar the first 5 years was like I said, pointless and irrelevant, I agree.

No, saying he isn’t his brother was pointless and irrelevant. Nobody said he was, which is what I was illustrating.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Still pacing for 40+ goals. Carcone playing out of his mind doesn't diminish that lol

I love this mindset though. Pacing at 61 points at the quarter mark of a brutal season is completely the final form of Brady Tkachuk. Ultimately, this is a topic that will need to revisit in a few seasons. He's a young forward and I think he'll do PPG again, let's find out.

It’s not his final form but if we’re talking about his value right now the PPG ultimate unique unicorn stuff is funny. He puts up 2nd line numbers on a team playing run and gun shinny, there‘s 3 players with more goals than he has points right now.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
If you think that was a flex, that's cute, you must be new to hockey. I mean if that's a flex, how about all the flexing sens fans did at the start of the year, about how much better the sens are than the Wings and how much higher they were gonna be than the Wings. How did that work out for you?

For me it doesn't bother me because I was not part of that group of Sens fans which did. Every fan base has vocal fans like that. The Sens-Red Wings have never met in the playoffs, but I already know it's going to be spicy when they do. The groundwork is already there.

I like our core, the team is absolutely shitting the bed right now, but I think everything will be fine later with an actual legit head coach and better surrounding players. I have absolutely zero care that the Red Wings are higher in the standings right now, Sens fans have other internal things to worry about lol

Reactions: SNES

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
No, saying he isn’t his brother was pointless and irrelevant. Nobody said he was, which is what I was illustrating.
Yet somehow you still made that comment which was pointless and irrelevant. We keep getting told he is a unicorn, worth more than seider, no, his brother is the unicorn. The nineties had lots of power forwards, it didn't make them all unicorns. I remember just a few short years ago sens fans were telling everyone on this board that Brady was gonna be way better than Matt. That worked out well.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
It’s not his final form but if we’re talking about his value right now the PPG ultimate unique unicorn stuff is funny. He puts up 2nd line numbers on a team playing run and gun shinny, there‘s 3 players with more goals than he has points right now.

Let's wait and see if he does more PPG in the future. Very pointless to debate at this stage.

As for value - I described it earlier as in the 2nd tier, with McDavid/Bedard/Makar/MacKinnon in a higher tier 1.

I see tier 2 as very wide open and very debatable, but I'd put him somewhere in that 2nd tier, IMO. Which is high value.

Either way, the whole topic is a moot point because he's not going anywhere.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
For me it doesn't bother me because I was not part of that group of Sens fans which did. Every fan base has vocal fans like that. The Sens-Red Wings have never met in the playoffs, but I already know it's going to be spicy when they do. The groundwork is already there.

I like our core, the team is absolutely shitting the bed right now, but I think everything will be fine later with an actual legit head coach and better surrounding players. I have absolutely zero care that the Red Wings are higher in the standings right now, Sens fans have other internal things to worry about lol
I actually do agree with you on some of that. The sens have a hell of a u25 roster. Maybe it's coaching, maybe it's chemistry, we shall find out.

Reactions: h2

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I remember just a few short years ago sens fans were telling everyone on this board that Brady was gonna be way better than Matt. That worked out well.

And I “hinted” at him being a 100 point player :sarcasm: Given my interaction with you in this thread I have a hard time believing that is actually what was said.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Why bring up similar the first 5 years at all? Especially knowing Matt put up over 100 points year 6? Ya, I think we all know the game your playing.

I'm not a fan of continuously bringing up Matt and Brady comparisons (Not saying you did, it was brought up pages ago). Very different players and styles, the only similarity is relation.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why bring up similar the first 5 years at all? Especially knowing Matt put up over 100 points year 6? Ya, I think we all know the game your playing.

Nah, I'm not playing any game.

Nobody is saying he is a 100 point player like his brother became. Though Brady has a nearly identical stat line after his first 5 seasons. Nobody has suggested such. The projection is that he will continue to hover around PPG for the foreseeable future. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that a player with less than 400gp will continue to play at a level near that over the next 300gp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad