Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Can you add the quote a page earlier where I admitted I generalized? It really didn't change the substance of the point. Can you draft a top RHD in every draft? According to your data, 7 times in the last decade you can. That's a very high chance to me. EVERY/MOST = semantics.

You're just focusing on very moot points.

I would add it if you hadn't acted like your argument the whole time was that you could get one most years, not every year.

... And no, "every" and "most" are not semantics lol. One is an absolute, the other is not. Try again.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
To be clear, the price for a winger who has one PPG season, in a year where there 38 PPG players, is a young Top 6 forward, a young top pairing D, and a Top 5 pick.

I love Brady. I'd love to have Brady on my team. This is absurd lol.
He's one of the most unique players in the league and our captain. We're not going to trade him for anything less than a deal that makes our team better in the long run. Otherwise, why trade him?

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I would add it if you hadn't acted like your argument the whole time was that you could get one most years, not every year.

... And no, "every" and "most" are not semantics lol. One is an absolute, the other is not. Try again.

When it has zero bearing on the substance, yeah, it is semantics.

Next.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Like with his brother and PLD, GMs would offer their first born to add a potential PPG power forward.

Doesn't matter if Brady doesn't play a lick of defense, they'll all think of him as a player you can win with in the playoffs because he occasionally throws a big hit, drops the gloves and yaps after the whistle.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think a single season at a certain level is a bit premature to say that’s that players norm.

jesus f…
alright this is a classic Ottawa fans think all their players are 1st liners and #1D situation.
“A young top 6 forward” is exactly what Brady tkachuk is lmfao

A player who's been evolving every single season and just turned 24 years olds after a point-per-game season is not a ''a young top 6 forward''. He's a legitimate top line player. Last season he finished 25th in scoring in the entire league. How many top line forwards do you think there are in the NHL? This year, even with the bad start, he's pacing over 40 goals.

Matthew Tkachuk is not just a 1rst liner, he's a superstar. He's been one of the best players in the world for the past few seasons. That's like saying only Draisaitl, McDavid and Mackinnon are top line players. It's not because Matthew is a better player that Brady is not a top line player.

I'm not really surprised to see this coming from a Wings fan though. Ever since Brady flexed on that team last year it was already over with Brady for Wings fans. He would be one of the most coveted players if he ever became available on the market. A legit unicorn, you can't find players like this anymore.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
You don’t think this is disingenuous at all?
How so?
Brady is a good first line forward. He is not an elite forward. Does he have that potential? Sure. But you guys are acting like he’s certain to reach it…when that’s nowhere near a certainty.

It’s like me stating Lucas Raymond is an elite first liner because he has that potential. He’s not…he is a 21 year old good top 6 player who has done well on the 1st line this year and looks like a good bet to be a 60ish pt player. Can he be more? Certainly. But I’m not going to pretend like his value is there because he hasn’t shown that.

A player who's been evolving every single season and just turned 24 years olds after a point-per-game season is not a ''a young top 6 forward''. He's a legitimate top line player. Last season he finished 25th in scoring in the entire league. How many top line forwards do you think there are in the NHL? This year, even with the bad start, he's pacing over 40 goals.

Matthew Tkachuk is not just a 1rst liner, he's a superstar. He's been one of the best players in the world for the past few seasons. That's like saying only Draisaitl, McDavid and Mackinnon are top line players. It's not because Matthew is a better player that Brady is not a top line player.

I'm not really surprised to see this coming from a Wings fan though. Ever since Brady flexed on that team last year it was already over with Brady for Wings fans. He would be one of the most coveted players if he ever became available on the market. A legit unicorn, you can't find players like this anymore.
The personal attacks don’t really help your case. Once again, the team that Sens fans insist has multiple superstar 1st liners, multiple top pairing D, the deepest top 9 in the NHL, is near the bottom of the standings. It’s coaching for sure - oh wait, they haven’t won a game with the new coach yet either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluenotes27

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
How so?
Brady is a good first line forward. He is not an elite forward.

The personal attacks don’t really help your case. Once again, the team that Sens fans insist has multiple superstar 1st liners, multiple top pairing D, the deepest top 9 in the NHL, is near the bottom of the standings. It’s coaching for sure - oh wait, they haven’t won a game with the new coach yet either.
Might just be semantics between good and elite and positions, but where does Tkachuk rank at LW for you? He’s 5-10 for me with room to grow, I consider that almost elite.

70-80 point physical but defensive liability forward is a bit better than good to me, but agree he’s not consistently reaching 90-100+ true elite guys.

If he was above average defensively instead of a black hole putting up his number and physicality I think he would be a clear elite forward.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Might just be semantics between good and elite and positions, but where does Tkachuk rank at LW for you? He’s 5-10 for me with room to grow, I consider that almost elite.

70-80 point physical but defensive liability forward is a bit better than good to me, but agree he’s not consistently reaching 90-100+ true elite guys.

If he was above average defensively instead of a black hole putting up his number and physicality I think he would be a clear elite forward.
I mean Brady is currently 21st in scoring among LW…bit if a stretch to put him top 10 in the league. As you say he’s not great defensively either.

Chris Kreider is someone I’d consider a power forward, not sure if he meets the definition for you guys. Kreider has been a 20-30 goal 50ish point guy apart from his one freak season of 52 goals. I see Brady as a better scoring Chris Kreider with worse defense, that’s a great player but not an elite forward to me.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Could you please share the personal attack? What attack have I made personally to you?

They have played one game with their new coach and didn't have any practice with him before the game. Lol

It also takes times to implement new strategies, thought that would be obvious but it isn't it seems.

For the record, Sens have 1 superstar forward and that's Stutzle. Tkachuk is a 1rst liner, like I mentioned in the previous post.

Very odd behavior you seem to be triggered by me saying that Tkachuk is a 1rst line player. Which he is, without any question. Just like Debrincat and Larkin are 1rst line players. No issues admitting that. See how easy that is.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I mean Brady is currently 21st in scoring among LW…bit if a stretch to put him top 10 in the league. As you say he’s not great defensively either.

Chris Kreider is someone I’d consider a power forward, not sure if he meets the definition for you guys. Kreider has been a 20-30 goal 50ish point guy apart from his one freak season of 52 goals. I see Brady as a better scoring Chris Kreider with worse defense, that’s a great player but not an elite forward to me.

The other thing is Kreider’s game scales with an elite C more than Brady’s. Tkachuk’s production depends on him spamming an amount of shots you wouldn’t want him taking with more talented players on his line, Kreider makes it easier for the talent to score without needing to touch the puck much other than the split second deflection. I’m sure he could re-work his game into a more violent version of Hyman but that’s more an elite 3rd wheel than an elite player overall.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Could you please share the personal attack? What attack have I made personally to you?

They have played one game with their new coach and didn't have any practice with him before the game. Lol

It also takes times to implement new strategies, thought that would be obvious but it isn't it seems.

For the record, Sens have 1 superstar forward and that's Stutzle. Tkachuk is a 1rst liner, like I mentioned in the previous post.

Very odd behavior you seem to be triggered by me saying that Tkachuk is a 1rst line player. Which he is, without any question. Just like Debrincat and Larkin are 1rst line players. No issues admitting that. See how easy that is.
Just the nonsense about opinions being less valid because Brady “flexed” on the wings.

I also agree he’s a first line player and said it several times. Top 6 players are also first line players. He’s just not elite.

Larkin is a good PPG first line C who’s also much better than Brady defensively; I can admit he wouldn’t return a top 6 forward ,a young 1-2D and a top 5 pick like someone in here said Brady would. And really wouldn’t return anywhere near what Sens fans are acting like Tkachuk would demand. See how easy that is.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Just the nonsense about opinions being less valid because Brady “flexed” on the wings.

I also agree he’s a first line player and said it several times. Top 6 players are also first line players. He’s just not elite.

Larkin is a good PPG first line C who’s also much better than Brady defensively; I can admit he wouldn’t return a top 6 forward ,a young 1-2D and a top 5 pick like someone in here said Brady would. And really wouldn’t return anywhere near what Sens fans are acting like Tkachuk would demand. See how easy that is

"Top 6 players are also top line players"

Top 9 players are also top line players.

Top 12 players are also top line players.

Lmao.

FWIW Larkin is an amazing player.

Reactions: Korpse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad