Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You know you're screwed when you introduce goals as a comparable stat between a winger and a defenseman.

Sam Reinhart is way better than Cale Makar. :laugh:
Main point was showing production (points) aren’t close, which was your initial assertion, but you ignored that twice.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Sure, we'll do this one too:

Introduction of the Jones/Johansen comparison:

Request for clarification:

You admit that you were viewing the trade in hindsight. You admitted that you were using it "More for the value side of things".

Johansen's value at the time of the trade is pointed out.

Then, suddenly, "I won't argue the value comparison"

Of course you wont, because you realized the value was way off and the comparison wasn't valid lol.

We went over this like two hours ago.

"I won't argue the value comparison" - is the nice way of me saying to you, sure, let's go with what you said, I still stand by my argument though. lol.. there's zero backtracking there, where does all this extra stuff come from?

Keep inventing stuff. It's actually entertaining.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Brady is the top power forward in the league, Matthew would get crushed in a fight with Brady. Keith said a fight would last 3-5 seconds, the amount of time for Brady to throw a punch and Matthew to fall to the ice.

Today I learned that besting somebody in a fight outweighs an extra 25 points when evaluating who the better power forward is.

Somebody tell Ryan Reaves he needs way more money. :laugh:

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
A young top 6 forward, young #1-2D, Top 5 1st round pick. He's one of the only untouchables on the team. You will have to pay to get him.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
We went over this like two hours ago.

"I won't argue the value comparison" - is the nice way of me saying to you, sure, let's go with what you said, I still stand by my argument though. lol.. there's zero backtracking there, where does all this extra stuff come from?

Keep inventing stuff. It's actually entertaining.

There's nothing to invent. You were literally quoted saying that it was a value comparison, and then when the comparison was destroyed, you didn't want to talk about value anymore.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Today I learned that besting somebody in a fight outweighs an extra 25 points when evaluating who the better power forward is.

Somebody tell Ryan Reaves he needs way more money. :laugh:

The OP was clearly referencing the fact that Brady has different physical traits than Matthew. He's definitely bigger and stronger. Matthew is more skillled.

Not really debatable. Again, disingenuous poster as usual.

Reactions: Bileur

h2

Mar 26, 2002
There's nothing to invent. You were literally quoted saying that it was a value comparison, and then when the comparison was destroyed, you didn't want to talk about value anymore.

..because I didn't care and it didn't change the substance of the comparison for me?

That's all it was.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
A young top 6 forward, young #1-2D, Top 5 1st round pick. He's one of the only untouchables on the team. You will have to pay to get him.

To be clear, the price for a winger who has one PPG season, in a year where there 38 PPG players, is a young Top 6 forward, a young top pairing D, and a Top 5 pick.

I love Brady. I'd love to have Brady on my team. This is absurd lol.

I did the first time, you ignored it like I said.
So you felt slighted and decided to make a batshit insane comparison? :laugh:

Reactions: Bluenotes27

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Starting with your last point, is it not accurate to use the last full season stats when making a statement as a player being PPG? The current season is only 1/4 complete and the whole team sucks this year. Brady is also not a finished product and still improving, I know he'll get more PPG seasons moving forward.

With your first point, the only other forward that comes to mind in today's NHL is Jamie Benn. It's a dying breed in today's NHL. I do think Brady is very unique and agree it's a very arbitrary argument to make as well.
I think a single season at a certain level is a bit premature to say that’s that players norm.
jesus f…
alright this is a classic Ottawa fans think all their players are 1st liners and #1D situation.
“A young top 6 forward” is exactly what Brady tkachuk is lmfao

Last edited:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It's actually very hard to follow along because you're changing the narrative with every post. A few posts ago it's alleged that I realized I'm completely wrong about Johansen's value at the time, and now I'm completely wrong about a #1 RHD being available at the top of every draft?

At least be consistent.

The semantics that you're so obsessed over literally do nothing to change the substance of the point.

I literally said you were wrong about a #1RHD being available at the top of every draft two pages ago. You argued this point in several replies, were proven wrong, and yet now you're claiming that I'm changing the narrative and just suddenly introduced this concept?

Feel free to tell me about the #1RHD's drafted in 2015, 2020, and 2021 to validate your claim that there's one at the top of every draft. Otherwise, yes, you're wrong.

It's embarrassing at this point, my guy.

He probably would of got it, if he averaged more than 5-6 goals a year.
Brady more goals than Reaves points in about 500 less games.

Funny.

It's hilarious that you zoned in on Reaves and completely edited out the comment about Matthew having 25 points more than Brady, but somehow being a worse PWF because Brady fights better. :laugh:

Go back to talking about how Brady is a way better goal scorer than a defensemen. That was a better argument.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
To be clear, the price for a winger who has one PPG season, in a year where there 38 PPG players, is a young Top 6 forward, a young top pairing D, and a Top 5 pick.

I love Brady. I'd love to have Brady on my team. This is absurd lol.

So you felt slighted and decided to make a batshit insane comparison? :laugh:
lol you brought up Reaves not me,

Or you ignored it on purpose, cause it proved you wrong.

Time to take the L and just admit they aren’t posting similar numbers then.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Kinda like you ignored that Matthew outproduced Brady by 25 because it shit on your claim that Brady's a better PWF because he'd win a fight? :laugh:

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I literally said you were wrong about a #1RHD being available at the top of every draft two pages ago. You argued this point in several replies, were proven wrong, and yet now you're claiming that I'm changing the narrative and just suddenly introduced this concept?

Feel free to tell me about the #1RHD's drafted in 2015, 2020, and 2021 to validate your claim that there's one at the top of every draft. Otherwise, yes, you're wrong.

It's embarrassing at this point, my guy.

You found 3 drafts in the last decade that didn't have top RHD in them, still VERY good odds that there's one in MOST years which was the point I was making, especially in light of comparing that to an even more rare type of player with elite power forwards. Did I over generalize originally, yes. I admitted earlier.

Not exactly hard to understand my guy, you're grasping at straws and looking desperate here. Time to move on.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You found 3 drafts in the last decade that didn't have top RHD in them, still VERY good odds that there's one in MOST years which was the point I was making, especially in light of comparing that to an even more rare type of player with elite power forwards. Did I over generalize originally, yes. I admitted earlier.

Not exactly hard to understand my guy, you're grasping at straws and looking desperate here. Time to move on.
Poster is struggling now.

• Haha
Reactions: h2

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Sure. The point you were making is that there's one in MOST years. Not EVERY year.

Wait...

You can draft a #1 dman every year in the draft, the same cannot be said for a top power forward.

Common enough that you can literally draft one every single year like I said.

You don't agree that you can find a top RHD in every draft? It's a pretty common piece to draft at the top every year no?

Yeah, even going off what you've stated for a #1 RHD and draft history, I think that it's common enough to draft at the top every year.

While you're educating yourself on the definition of "Contradiction", maybe look up the difference between "Every" and "Most", too. :thumbu:

Poster is struggling now.

Or not.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
lol you brought up Reaves not me,

Sure, just as soon as you take the L on introducing goals as a comparable stat between a winger and a defender to establish superiority. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Sure. The point you were making is that there's one in MOST years. Not EVERY year.

Wait...

While you're educating yourself on the definition of "Contradiction", maybe look up the difference between "Every" and "Most", too. :thumbu:

Can you add the quote a page earlier where I admitted I generalized? It really didn't change the substance of the point. Can you draft a top RHD in every draft? According to your data, 7 times in the last decade you can. What if you factor in drafts that had multiple in one year? Should we look there too? That's a very high chance to me. EVERY/MOST = semantics.

You're just focusing on very moot points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad