Votes: 342 45.1%
  • Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Brady is a better goal scorer? Lol that is a hard won to justify with any stats. Beyond that, If he spent any time on the defensive end of the puck his production would plummet.
How can you even talk about playoffs? Marner helped bring a dead last leafs team into the playoffs in his first year. Pretty sure getting into the playoffs is the first step of talking about the playoffs
Brady has a higher gpg earlier along in his career, and overall. And more goals this year.

And my playoff take is the result of dedicated Toronto fans in my life complaining about Mitchy annually come springtime. Brady doesn't have a track record in the spring, so I won't waste time speculating about how his game will translate. I can however revisit Mitchy's performances, and although he has plenty of years ahead to turn around his game when it matters, he hasn't done so to this point.
Tkachuk has matched Marner offensively? On what planet?! They are close in points this year
Nice.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What? He's well over a ppg. That's not choking. Maybe point to other guys on the team not performing?

Clearly you don't know what choking means. It doesn't mean putting up a bunch of numbers.

Choking would be like what Marner does where his production almost gets cut in half. THAT'S choking.

Do you know understand what choking is or should I go over more Marner stats to show how much his offense dries up. You know, the choking part.
Marner was PPG+ in the last playoffs so maybe you need a night school lesson for that term too. Offense dries up in the playoffs because the playoffs are clearly a different environment than the regular season. Something Ottawa hasn’t seen in a while.

I find it funny that the same exact excuse you use for Tkachuk (blaming the team instead of the player) you willfully ignore for Marner. It’s nice that the Captain of the Ottawa Senators takes no blame when his team can’t scrape themselves out of the bottom and at least make it to the playoffs. But maybe they should put the C on someone who does :dunno:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Marner was PPG+ in the last playoffs so maybe you need a night school lesson for that term too. Offense dries up in the playoffs because the playoffs are clearly a different environment than the regular season. Something Ottawa hasn’t seen in a while.

I find it funny that the same exact excuse you use for Tkachuk (blaming the team instead of the player) you willfully ignore for Marner. It’s nice that the Captain of the Ottawa Senators takes no blame when his team can’t scrape themselves out of the bottom and at least make it to the playoffs. But maybe they should put the C on someone who does :dunno:
Yep and every spring , Marner gets carved by the leaf fans, oh look puck over glass again, because a player might hit me.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ahh yes. Far better to be leading the warrior life like tkachuk who took 14% of his teams penalties and ensured top tee-off spot on the golf course post season through his contribution.

He also drew 13% of his team's powerplays.

This whole narrative is pretty amusing anyway. It's like Alexei Yashin vs. Gary Roberts, only this time the Leaf is the prima donna.

Mats Sundin's teams missed the playoffs 50% of the time over his career. I assume because of his contributions or lack thereof.

Reactions: Bileur

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Ahh yes. Far better to be leading the warrior life like tkachuk who took 14% of his teams penalties and ensured top tee-off spot on the golf course post season through his contribution.

Brady plays on the edge. Like most very physical players he gets a decent amount of penalties because of it.

He’s also #1 in the NHL in penalties drawn since he came into the league.

Sens have no concerns about that.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He also drew 13% of his team's powerplays.

This whole narrative is pretty amusing anyway. It's like Alexei Yashin vs. Gary Roberts, only this time the Leaf is the prima donna.

Mats Sundin's teams missed the playoffs 50% of the time over his career. I assume because of his contributions or lack thereof.
Bit of a straw man there. Who exactly made those comments and how is it relevant in this one?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Nice, didn’t address anything lol. Talk about straw man wow.
How about penalties drawn.? I know doesn’t fit your narrative.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Brady plays on the edge. Like most very physical players he gets a decent amount of penalties because of it.

He’s also #1 in the NHL in penalties drawn since he came into the league.

Sens have no concerns about that.
Nice, didn’t address anything lol. Talk about straw man wow.
How about penalties drawn.? I know doesn’t fit your narrative.
Kind of wierd to trade one of your best players in the box in exchange for reciprocity of a lower tier player. Furthermore, You don't usually share your penalty time with players on your own team but you most certainly share PP time among lines. You need to draw a significantly higher amount of penalties than you receive to warrant an equitable tradeoff.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Tried searching for Brady Tkachuk's playoff stats.... :naughty:

CodePen-404-Page.png

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Tried searching for playoff series wins, came up the same, except found out it was a record for most years without a series win. :naughty:o_O
Is making the playoffs supposed to be a joke to Sens fans?

I guess it’s better to be a bottom 10 team in the reg season than a top 5 team. That must be why the Sens are always where they are. Now that’s a team that listens to its fans :clap:

Reactions: Voight

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Is making the playoffs supposed to be a joke to Sens fans?

I guess it’s better to be a bottom 10 team in the reg season than a top 5 team. That must be why the Sens are always where they are. Now that’s a team that listens to its fans :clap:
I guess it’s better to never win a round then, and have the record for most futility in major NA sports. o_O

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Hilarious to see the desperation in Leafs fans when they have to point out that the Sens haven't made the playoffs yet as if that's somehow a mark against Tkachuk.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Yeah pretty sure the last one got closed, when it got bumped again, after one of these guys had 30 more points than the other. Other than the fact we can't afford 11M the answer is Marner.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Amazing seeing the hypocrisy of Sens fans. Blaming Marner for the Leafs losing in the first round of playoffs yet the Captain of the Senators floats above it all and is not at all responsible for the Senators missing the playoffs. #HFlogic
Also saying "Their 2 (future) best players are 20 y/o..." when the leafs best 2 future players were 18 and 19 when they started making the playoffs with Bozak as the number 1 center.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Amazing seeing the hypocrisy of Sens fans. Blaming Marner for the Leafs losing in the first round of playoffs yet the Captain of the Senators floats above it all and is not at all responsible for the Senators missing the playoffs. #HFlogic

Didn’t the Leafs miss the post-season for 8 straight years prior to losing in the first round for 6 straight years?

Are we really comparing records in futility here?

You can be a grown adult Leaf fan and never have seen a series win.

It’s been -18- years.

Save the lecturing please.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Kind of wierd to trade one of your best players in the box in exchange for reciprocity of a lower tier player. Furthermore, You don't usually share your penalty time with players on your own team but you most certainly share PP time among lines. You need to draw a significantly higher amount of penalties than you receive to warrant an equitable tradeoff.

Kind of weird to expect a power forward to never take roughing, interference or fighting penalties.

There are actual stats that show Marner has never scored a goal in the deciding game of a playoff series and only has 2 assists in those 6 games.

It’s obviously not just on him, it’s a team game, but are you seriously suggesting he’s blameless?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's the skill+size+leadership+physicality.

Pointing to Anderson who's missing half the qualities, and the other qualities are half as strong, doesn't really make a good comparison.

It's like you saw their height and weight and figured that would make a good comparison.

It took his own brother four playoff visits to finally have a strong series....

Talk is cheap until a player actually shows he can perform under pressure.

Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad