Player Discussion Braden Schneider

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Strong Debut. Watching him erase Meier was impressive, Meier is a thick dude.

He seemingly always puts a body on someone with out taking himself out of position. They aren't kill shots (hes got that in his game too), but they're enough to knock someone off the puck, slightly take them off course, etc.

Hes not an ace puck mover, but even that part of his game was decisive last night and thats really half the battle. Certainly more than good enough for the type of player he is.
he's not the best puck mover ever but like you said his confidence and decisiveness is sooooooooooooooo welcome on this team.

Reactions: bhamill

LyNX27

he's not the best puck mover ever but like you said his confidence and decisiveness is sooooooooooooooo welcome on this team.

This right here.

I mentioned this in the Lafreniere thread, but we really should be letting youth players stew in the AHL so when they come up to this level, they've already been dominating at a similar level, on a familiar ice surface, with adults, and they come in with confidence.

Lundkvist has been very cautious in his time here and would rarely have made that move into the middle as Schneider did. Granted they're different players so they're going to make different plays but I'm glad to see he kept it simple and stepped into the middle of the ice when he had the opportunity!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Trouba actually is a good model for Schneider to follow. Personally going forward I like our RD as Fox, Trouba, Schneider. I see one of Lundkvist, Jones being moved—maybe not right away but as an eventuality. They are both great prospects but IMO not exactly what we need and neither are ever going to supplant Fox as our No. 1D. I could see one as a second power play option but not both and both will have to prove they can play all situations.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
In his small sample size I thought he made great puck moving plays while under pressure. (no huge outlets but he definitely shows promise)

The guy can move the puck, let's not try to make this a narrative of him. He's going to force management into tough decisions.

Reactions: brakeyawself

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
This right here.

I mentioned this in the Lafreniere thread, but we really should be letting youth players stew in the AHL so when they come up to this level, they've already been dominating at a similar level, on a familiar ice surface, with adults, and they come in with confidence.

Lundkvist has been very cautious in his time here and would rarely have made that move into the middle as Schneider did. Granted they're different players so they're going to make different plays but I'm glad to see he kept it simple and stepped into the middle of the ice when he had the opportunity!
Yea Lundqvist would have likely waited higher up playing safe and ended trying a slapper onetimer from the blue line, or looking to pass it to someone in a better scoring spot. Not a bad play but also most likely not a goal scoring play.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Trouba actually is a good model for Schneider to follow. Personally going forward I like our RD as Fox, Trouba, Schneider. I see one of Lundkvist, Jones being moved—maybe not right away but as an eventuality. They are both great prospects but IMO not exactly what we need and neither are ever going to supplant Fox as our No. 1D. I could see one as a second power play option but not both and both will have to prove they can play all situations.

I mean I think Jones-Schneider makes sense as a pairing but hard to say if it's reasonable to kinda keep a 3rd pairing D like that

maybe you can keep the cost down with them until it's time to move trouba but dunno

I like Lundkvist, just dunno where he'll fit long run right now

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
He's good, will be very good. All signs point to a great move to get to 19 and getting this kid. Really strong on his skates and has subtle, strong skills with the puck. Could teach Nemeth a thing or two.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iu

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Two things stood out to me, 1st was how aggressive he was in the NZ and closing gaps. Far too often Rangers D are willing to cede feet of ice in front of them, namely Trouba, so that was something that was quite the contrast. 2nd was how quickly he was making decisions with the puck and where he was willing to go with it. There were two plays where the puck was moved to him along the walls and he made a between the legs, behind the back pass to the middle of the ice to move the puck away from pressure. I believe one started a transition and can't remember what happened the other time but you need to make that sort of a play to maintain puck possession instead of making the safe play up the boards or putting it back behind the net to a D partner allowing the opponent to get set in their structure or continue to forecheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad